FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,552

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 1st August 2016, 07:31 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the ZTE Axon 7's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

2nd August 2016, 03:21 PM |#2  
Flag Mount Vernon
Thanks Meter: 609

Donate to Me
More
Left it off the charger last night for 7 hours - batter only drained 3-4%.
2nd August 2016, 07:39 PM |#3  
Flag Worcester,MA
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
With the data off I lost 1% in 8 hours, with the data on about 15% in 8 hours (this is probably because of the notifications from AA and other apps )
3rd August 2016, 08:55 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Only lost 1% last night with data and wifi on, and all apps closed.
23rd October 2016, 04:00 PM |#5  
Flag Sudbury, ON
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I lose 20-30% battery every night and I have yet to test how long it takes to charge from 0%, but it takes about an hour to charge back up to 100% in the morning. That's using the quick charger included. I'm thinking I may have a defective battery. I just unlocked my bootloader and rooted yesterday so looks like I won't be able to exchange it. The only reason I root is for AdAway. I haven't had my phone a week yet and had been using Netguard to block ads. I thought it was that, that was eating my battery but apparently not. No difference using AdAway. Woke up to 82% this morning.
23rd October 2016, 04:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android > Apple

I lose 20-30% battery every night and I have yet to test how long it takes to charge from 0%, but it takes about an hour to charge back up to 100% in the morning. That's using the quick charger included. I'm thinking I may have a defective battery. I just unlocked my bootloader and rooted yesterday so looks like I won't be able to exchange it. The only reason I root is for AdAway. I haven't had my phone a week yet and had been using Netguard to block ads. I thought it was that, that was eating my battery but apparently not. No difference using AdAway. Woke up to 82% this morning.

Since you are root install the wake lock detector there u will find out if it probly another app that keeps the phone awake

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app
23rd October 2016, 05:01 PM |#7  
Flag Sudbury, ON

More
[QUOTE=tupirujp;69269558]Since you are root install the wake lock detector there u will find out if it probly another app that keeps the phone awake

Oh ok. I'll try that. Thanks
23rd October 2016, 10:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
[QUOTE=Android > Apple;69269961]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupirujp

Since you are root install the wake lock detector there u will find out if it probly another app that keeps the phone awake

Oh ok. I'll try that. Thanks

Please let us know what your findings are. I would really appreciate that.
23rd October 2016, 11:18 PM |#9  
Flag Sudbury, ON

More
[QUOTE=ProLen;69274347]
Quote:

Please let us know what your findings are. I would really appreciate that.

Here are my findings so far. Can anyone shed some light on it? I'm not too familiar with the app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-10-23-17-46-57.jpg
Views:	2076
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	3913386  
24th October 2016, 12:48 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

Here are my findings so far. Can anyone shed some light on it? I'm not too familiar with the app.

Thanks! Could you sort on wakelock amount? Not sure what it's called precisely, but it should put the Google App on top of the apps shown in your screenshot (it focusses on the x526).
24th October 2016, 03:17 AM |#11  
Flag Sudbury, ON

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLen

Thanks! Could you sort on wakelock amount? Not sure what it's called precisely, but it should put the Google App on top of the apps shown in your screenshot (it focusses on the x526).

Do you mean sorting it so the app that's causing the most drain is at the top? If so that's what I've done for that screen shot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)