FORUMS

[PATCH] Enable AK4490 HIFI DAC on custom Rom

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 154

By Skrem339, Member on 20th November 2017, 03:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi. I've created a patch that enable AK4490 on custom roms. Previosly it was pasted on 4pda.
Sry for bad English
If you are using latest Ainur betas from telegram you dont have to flash it because since beta 3 or 4 UltraM8 helped me integrate this patch into mod. Also Ainur doesnt have bag with call

Updated Magisk version to template 15000

Known bags:
When you call somebody you can not hear your subscriber. Solution: just enable and disable speaker mode.

UPD. If you're using OREO Rom, you dont have to use this mod because it was integrated into Rom. Plus if you're using Ainur, you dont have to flash it too
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mixer_AK4490.zip - [Click for QR Code] (187.7 KB, 3642 views)
File Type: zip AK4490_Patch_Magisk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.4 KB, 1714 views)
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Skrem339 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skrem339 Ad-Free
20th November 2017, 03:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I thought that it was enabled by default on custom roms anyway? Or is this patch only so it works for sure with ainur?
20th November 2017, 03:34 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgexander

I thought that it was enabled by default on custom roms anyway? Or is this patch only so it works for sure with ainur?

If I understood right, no, patch will work without ainur
20th November 2017, 03:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 922

More
Quote:

I also thought that, but I dualbooted LOS to try if the 192khz hack actually worked with the AKM DAC (because it was supposedly the one in use) and it was too obvious that it actually wasn't in use. The soundstage of the other DAC is much smaller. Maybe with this patch we can put it @ 192KHz with Poweramp? Can anybody try?
20th November 2017, 07:16 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrem339

Hi. I've created a patch that enable AK4490 on custom roms. Previosly it was pasted on 4pda.
Sry for bad English
If you are using latest Ainur betas from telegram you dont have to flash it because since beta 3 or 4 UltraM8 helped me integrate this patch into mod. Also Ainur doesnt have bag with call

Known bags:
When you call somebody you can not hear your subscriber. Solution: just enable and disable speaker mode.

Any chance that this will get integrated onto the ROMs themselves? This is the same as the Universal Bootloader stuff and the old TWRP it installs, we'll get to the point where we need to install dozens of zips to get a fully working system

p.s where can we get the Ainur betas?
The Following User Says Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free
20th November 2017, 08:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:

If I understood right, no, patch will work without ainur

Do you mean this patch is exclusively for Ainur to work with the DAC? Because custom roms have been working already in most apps with the AKM DAC.
21st November 2017, 03:38 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

Do you mean this patch is exclusively for Ainur to work with the DAC? Because custom roms have been working already in most apps with the AKM DAC.

That's what everyone says, but dualboot stock and a custom ROM and using sound in LOS is like toggling the sound switch to standard
The Following User Says Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free
21st November 2017, 05:04 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choose an username...

Any chance that this will get integrated onto the ROMs themselves? This is the same as the Universal Bootloader stuff and the old TWRP it installs, we'll get to the point where we need to install dozens of zips to get a fully working system

p.s where can we get the Ainur betas?

In official Ainur Telegram chat. Pinned post
21st November 2017, 05:07 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Nope, it not only for Ainur because DAC doesnt work on Custom roms expect AEX.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skrem339 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skrem339 Ad-Free
21st November 2017, 09:06 AM |#10  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Quote:

Nope, it not only for Ainur because DAC doesnt work on Custom roms expect AEX.

Really? I thought DAC was running OK on LOS... What about Pure Fusion and other ROMs? They say that high quality DAC is ALWAYS in use... I want to know what to flash when my phone arrives, DAC was mainly the reason for buying it.
21st November 2017, 09:48 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyRasta

Really? I thought DAC was running OK on LOS... What about Pure Fusion and other ROMs? They say that high quality DAC is ALWAYS in use... I want to know what to flash when my phone arrives, DAC was mainly the reason for buying it.

You want to know what to flash? Well this here zip is a start

Or stay stock lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)