[PATCH] Enable AK4490 HIFI DAC on custom Rom

Search This thread

Skrem339

Oct 2, 2015
Hi. I've created a patch that enable AK4490 on custom roms. Previosly it was pasted on 4pda.
Sry for bad English
If you are using latest Ainur betas from telegram you dont have to flash it because since beta 3 or 4 UltraM8 helped me integrate this patch into mod. Also Ainur doesnt have bag with call

Updated Magisk version to template 15000

Known bags:
When you call somebody you can not hear your subscriber. Solution: just enable and disable speaker mode.

UPD. If you're using OREO Rom, you dont have to use this mod because it was integrated into Rom. Plus if you're using Ainur, you dont have to flash it too

Attachments

• Mixer_AK4490.zip
    187.7 KB · Views: 3,749
  • AK4490_Patch_Magisk.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,814
Last edited:

Dodgexander

Mar 31, 2013
I thought that it was enabled by default on custom roms anyway? Or is this patch only so it works for sure with ainur?

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
I thought that it was enabled by default on custom roms anyway? Or is this patch only so it works for sure with ainur?
I also thought that, but I dualbooted LOS to try if the 192khz hack actually worked with the AKM DAC (because it was supposedly the one in use) and it was too obvious that it actually wasn't in use. The soundstage of the other DAC is much smaller. Maybe with this patch we can put it @ 192KHz with Poweramp? Can anybody try?

Last edited:

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
Hi. I've created a patch that enable AK4490 on custom roms. Previosly it was pasted on 4pda.
Sry for bad English
If you are using latest Ainur betas from telegram you dont have to flash it because since beta 3 or 4 UltraM8 helped me integrate this patch into mod. Also Ainur doesnt have bag with call

Known bags:
When you call somebody you can not hear your subscriber. Solution: just enable and disable speaker mode.
Any chance that this will get integrated onto the ROMs themselves? This is the same as the Universal Bootloader stuff and the old TWRP it installs, we'll get to the point where we need to install dozens of zips to get a fully working system

p.s where can we get the Ainur betas?

Reactions: christoophat

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
Sry for bad English

Known bags:

This is probably the best mod I've flashed on my phone. This + poweramp is magic. I tried Sauron (even joined the telegram chat) but it sounded very low and saturated. This is another story...

Awesome work, really. ;)

wannaskoo

May 10, 2017
I enabled HiFi audio with the Lenovo Hifi line trick in the build.prop file, and i think i got a slight improvement, but it may be just placebo.

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
I enabled HiFi audio with the Lenovo Hifi line trick in the build.prop file, and i think i got a slight improvement, but it may be just placebo.
The effect is really noticeable on the highs with a FLAC file. I used a 192KHz file to test, and the highs were awesome, but the soundstage got reduced a lot (this was on stock, so I went from 48khz AKM DAC to 192khz SD820 DAC). I'll try on LOS today

Dodgexander

Mar 31, 2013
I would love to understand the workings behind this. Once you install this how can you tell it works?

Please don't tell me to listen because that's pointless with placebo effect. I'm simply looking for the technicalities that prove audio is being sent via dac with or without this mod.

Reactions: troy5890

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sry for bad English

Updated Magisk version to template 15000

Known bags:

UPD. If you're using OREO Rom, you dont have to use this mod because it was integrated into Rom. Plus if you're using Ainur, you dont have to flash it too
    Updated Magisk version of mod. Template 1500
    Check OP
    nope, flashable. you can use magisk anyways, side by side

I like my have my mods not touch the system partition , so SafetyNet and stuff is sound :D So I made quick magisk zip -> it will install system-less when Magisk is present or normally without it.

DISCLAIMER: I did not test it yet, as I don't have device yet. Nothing should break but I take no liabilty over anything. It does the same thing as original zip, but without touching system partition. Test at your own risk. And please report results.
    It would be lovely to actually tell what happens with the signal though. How do we know it is being sent to the correct DAC but is instead taking an indirect path and being subsampled or resampled? How do we know its not using the qualcomm DAC and just the amp? or the DAC and not the amp? (axon mini style).
    It would be lovely to actually tell what happens with the signal though. How do we know it is being sent to the correct DAC but is instead taking an indirect path and being subsampled or resampled? How do we know its not using the qualcomm DAC and just the amp? or the DAC and not the amp? (axon mini style).

There are two ways to proof that phone using ak4490: use external pc audio card and make RMAA test on stock and with this mod(but you have to disable or better delete all effects), or simply check tinymix in terminal.