FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NEED TESTER] 3D Printable GRILLS (Stock and Custom)

2,603 posts
Thanks Meter: 903

By Choose an username..., Senior Member on 27th February 2018, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Custom and Stock Grills for the Axon 7

grills

Replacement grills for the Axon 7. If yours break or you just want to try another design, you can use these!
If you want a specific design, you can tell me and i'll do my best.

These models are UNTESTED - We don't know if they are the right size yet. Please print one and tell me where I need to refine the model!
They might be a few tenths of a millimeter off, but not more than that. my main worry is if the height is right - if someone can test and measure, i'd appreciate it (and fix it if needed)!

The grills are in .STL format, tolerances 0.05mm (You can open them with Win10's 3d file viewer)

Grills [NOT TESTED].zip DO NOT USE
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free

27th February 2018, 01:49 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Calling @kitcostantino @alvinlwh @kountry83 @chrisrodsa210 to the new thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free
27th February 2018, 01:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
edit, double-post
The Following User Says Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free
27th February 2018, 04:10 AM |#4  
Flag Dallas, TX, USA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Wow, wish I had a printer. I would love these in glossy black.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to davisml For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davisml Ad-Free
27th February 2018, 07:53 AM |#5  
Las Vegas NV
Thanks Meter: 79

More
those are sick i really like the single line one
The Following User Says Thank You to gecko702 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gecko702 Ad-Free
27th February 2018, 07:57 AM |#6  
Flag Baytown
Thanks Meter: 243

Donate to Me
More
@Choose an username... I'm gonna try to see what I can do with my setup.
Thank you
27th February 2018, 07:05 PM |#7  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Are all these holes needed? I mean the speakers are not this "long" right?

A black one with cutouts only where its necessary would be awesome.

In wish i had a printer :/
27th February 2018, 08:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
With a standard 0.4mm nozzle, the model with all the holes will not be printable on an FDM machine. Maybe with an 0.2mm nozzle but I think the holes will still cause problems.
27th February 2018, 10:01 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spillunke

Are all these holes needed? I mean the speakers are not this "long" right?

A black one with cutouts only where its necessary would be awesome.

In wish i had a printer :/

The problem is that the top speaker is in the middle and the bottom speaker is on the lower right corner. So it would be really weird
27th February 2018, 10:04 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMadman

With a standard 0.4mm nozzle, the model with all the holes will not be printable on an FDM machine. Maybe with an 0.2mm nozzle but I think the holes will still cause problems.

As long as the outermost shape is okay, just with having the holes as rough marks to drill them later is enough. That's why I want someone to print and test them, so that I can improve the design until it can be printed and sanded as little as possible.

These models are based on a 1200dpi scan of the grills. They might be smaller or bigger, or the camera hole might be slightly off-center.
The Following User Says Thank You to Choose an username... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Choose an username... Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 08:43 AM |#11  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choose an username...

The problem is that the top speaker is in the middle and the bottom speaker is on the lower right corner. So it would be really weird

Yeah i saw the positions in a teardown video. I wouldnt have a problem with that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)