FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any possibility some company is going to provide extended batteries?

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By herculeesjr, Guest on 7th January 2016, 02:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm thinking about getting the Priv as my Nexus 5 is barely holding in there anymore and the idea of a physical keyboard again is a dream come true. However I'm wondering if for once some company would provide an extended battery for a phone with a "non-replaceable" battery in it. There's no reason it can't be done, you'd just need a larger back cover included with the battery. I'm just so tired of being stuck with one battery size. I use the GPS (3+hours) and wifi hotspot (6+hours) a LOT each day along with writing large emails plus typical texting and calling and can't be bothered to stay plugged in like I have a landline all over again. Hopefully since the Blackberry name is on this the business crowd will follow a bit along with their extended batteries. Anyways opinions please, lets see if anyone has possibly heard of something that could be promising.

7th January 2016, 10:02 PM |#2  
Flag Ephrata PA
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herculeesjr

I'm thinking about getting the Priv as my Nexus 5 is barely holding in there anymore and the idea of a physical keyboard again is a dream come true. However I'm wondering if for once some company would provide an extended battery for a phone with a "non-replaceable" battery in it. There's no reason it can't be done, you'd just need a larger back cover included with the battery. I'm just so tired of being stuck with one battery size. I use the GPS (3+hours) and wifi hotspot (6+hours) a LOT each day along with writing large emails plus typical texting and calling and can't be bothered to stay plugged in like I have a landline all over again. Hopefully since the Blackberry name is on this the business crowd will follow a bit along with their extended batteries. Anyways opinions please, lets see if anyone has possibly heard of something that could be promising.

No company is going to make a product that requires you to take your phone apart to install it. There would be no customer base at all. But they make cases with batteries built in, though I don't think the Priv will get one since it's a slider.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
9th January 2016, 05:52 AM |#3  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
I also don't believe you will see extended batteries but I would get a quick charge 2.0 battery pack so you can get back to 50 percent battery in 40 minutes

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2016, 11:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Or, you could just get one of these power bricks that claim >15000 mAh capacity, should be able to recharge a Priv 2-3 times when needed.
2nd March 2016, 07:33 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwiker05

No company is going to make a product that requires you to take your phone apart to install it. There would be no customer base at all. But they make cases with batteries built in, though I don't think the Priv will get one since it's a slider.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Can't agree more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)