22 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By 84281227, Junior Member on 11th December 2015, 02:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2015, 08:17 PM |#11  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 65

More
As far as I know the PRIV is not compatible with Fast Wireless Charging, but I'm not sure. The issue is simply the placement of the PRIV's wireless coil in the back of the phone. It's nearly at the very bottom of the phone so it doesn't align well with some wireless chargers. Most phones have the coil in the middle of the back.

21st December 2015, 08:34 PM |#12  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband64

As far as I know the PRIV is not compatible with Fast Wireless Charging, but I'm not sure. The issue is simply the placement of the PRIV's wireless coil in the back of the phone. It's nearly at the very bottom of the phone so it doesn't align well with some wireless chargers. Most phones have the coil in the middle of the back.

Looks like Fast Charging is for samsung phones. I found couple of interesting chargers which are vertical:

1) http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Mikob...reless+charger

2) http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-Wireless...reless+charger

I think I would get the first one....
24th December 2015, 12:44 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone tried the Samsung wireless charger? I was trying with the Samsung wireless charger for S6 but it doesn't work...
24th December 2015, 01:51 AM |#14  

More
Just found out my device is STV100-3 which doesn't support wireless charging.... Darn darn darn..... Ahhhhhhhhh
24th December 2015, 03:02 PM |#15  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 65

More
It should work with any QI wireless charger, assuming you have a model with wireless charging built in.

UPDATE: Contrary to my previous posts...the spigen charger referenced in this thread DOES work with the PRIV. I tried it again last night with a different cable and charger and it does work perfectly. It must have been an issue with the cable and charger I was using with it previously not providing enough voltage or something. Sorry for the incorrect information.

Also, I can confirm it does work with the Samsung chargers, but the PRIV's coil is at the very bottom so you have to line up the very bottom of the phone onto the charger. Hope this helps.
24th December 2015, 07:51 PM |#16  
Flag WA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband64

It should work with any QI wireless charger, assuming you have a model with wireless charging built in.

UPDATE: Contrary to my previous posts...the spigen charger referenced in this thread DOES work with the PRIV. I tried it again last night with a different cable and charger and it does work perfectly. It must have been an issue with the cable and charger I was using with it previously not providing enough voltage or something. Sorry for the incorrect information.

Also, I can confirm it does work with the Samsung chargers, but the PRIV's coil is at the very bottom so you have to line up the very bottom of the phone onto the charger. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update!
28th December 2015, 02:28 PM |#17  

More
Moko Standup Charger
My priv has the official blackberry leather flip case, and I'm only interested in chargers that work with the phone in the case.

I just got the Moko stand up Qi charger a few days ago and it does NOT work reliably with the Priv in a case. It seems to work some of the time, but the night before last it charged to 60% and stopped. It's pretty easy to reproduce this behavior since it's never charged to 100%. One strange thing is that even when it only charged to 60%, it's pretty warm between the Priv and the stand. I know lipo lifetime is accelerated with heat, so I don't think using this, even if charges to 60% is a great idea..

I have a cheap square samsung charger that seems to work better, but you have to find the sweet spot.

I'm still looking for one that is 100%. Eventually, I want two, one for my desk and one for my car (air vent) but I'm definitely not going to try the Moko car version.

EDIT: I made shim (out of cardboard for now) to raise the phone up in the Moko dock by 1/2 inch. It charged to 100% for the first time! The phone is still pretty warm (about 94 degrees F) but that might be the way all of the Qi chargers work.
29th December 2015, 12:08 AM |#18  
Flag WA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by watsys

My priv has the official blackberry leather flip case, and I'm only interested in chargers that work with the phone in the case.

I just got the Moko stand up Qi charger a few days ago and it does NOT work reliably with the Priv in a case. It seems to work some of the time, but the night before last it charged to 60% and stopped. It's pretty easy to reproduce this behavior since it's never charged to 100%. One strange thing is that even when it only charged to 60%, it's pretty warm between the Priv and the stand. I know lipo lifetime is accelerated with heat, so I don't think using this, even if charges to 60% is a great idea..

I have a cheap square samsung charger that seems to work better, but you have to find the sweet spot.

I'm still looking for one that is 100%. Eventually, I want two, one for my desk and one for my car (air vent) but I'm definitely not going to try the Moko car version.

After I got my Priv, I am leaning towards this one, but have yet to decide:

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Mikob...reless+charger
7th January 2016, 05:04 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84281227

Just about to get my Priv (FINALLY!), buying stuffs to armor it up - quick chargers, cases etc..
So here is the question: as there is no official wireless charger for Priv, which 3rd-party wireless charger available is best for it?

This Meenova wireless charging dock is another choice -- adjustable, drop & charge.
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimus-Wireless-Charging-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B014QZCFOS/ref=sr_1_8?m=A3UZZ0M53CX865&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1452182613&sr=1-8
13th January 2016, 08:00 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Why BB want to have two versions? One with wireless and one w/o.........
US users are more privileged, while others over the other half of the world are not as privileged?
13th January 2016, 11:06 AM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig8

Why BB want to have two versions? One with wireless and one w/o.........
US users are more privileged, while others over the other half of the world are not as privileged?

Agreed. It is annoying but I'm guessing that Bell and Rogers are to blame, trying to reduce their cost. I am in Canada and bought online from blackberry. Wireless charging works great and my phone is unlocked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
qi charger, wireless charger

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)