FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlocked Factory Image for Carrier locked STV100-1

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By zerocover, Member on 11th April 2017, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

Attached are modified factory roms that will flash an at&t or t-mobile phone to an unlocked phone. This means no more bloatware and in my case much better handoff between the lte bands.
These images reuse the carrier bootloader (I'm working on it) but everything else from the radio to the rom is from the unlocked priv.

Version: AAJ919
AT&T -> unlocked hybrid: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298947044
T-Mobile -> unlocked hybrid: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767153589

Directions: Unzip files. Hold power and volume down until phone reboots to fastboot. Launch flashall.bat. Follow instructions. This WILL delete your data so have a backup or don't I'm your boss. Wait. Done.

As usual I am not responsible for you bricking your phone. That being said even if the wrong file is flashed the phone gets stuck at the fastboot screen where you can flash the right file.

-Happy Modding
The Following User Says Thank You to zerocover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zerocover Ad-Free

16th April 2017, 11:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can you provide more detailed instructions please
19th April 2017, 05:25 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Im serious thats all there is to it.
What parts are you having problems with?
5th May 2017, 07:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Didn't work for me, unfortunately. Phone promptly asked for SIM Pin.
15th May 2017, 09:11 PM |#5  
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,846

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocover

Hello all,

Attached are modified factory roms that will flash an at&t or t-mobile phone to an unlocked phone. This means no more bloatware and in my case much better handoff between the lte bands.
These images reuse the carrier bootloader (I'm working on it) but everything else from the radio to the rom is from the unlocked priv.

Version: AAJ919
AT&T -> unlocked hybrid: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298947044
T-Mobile -> unlocked hybrid: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767153589

Directions: Unzip files. Hold power and volume down until phone reboots to fastboot. Launch flashall.bat. Follow instructions. This WILL delete your data so have a backup or don't I'm your boss. Wait. Done.

As usual I am not responsible for you bricking your phone. That being said even if the wrong file is flashed the phone gets stuck at the fastboot screen where you can flash the right file.

-Happy Modding

Just out of curiosity, will this be possible to do on a Verizon model? Obviously not flashing the ones above but making a VZ version?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
15th May 2017, 09:16 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by illitero

Didn't work for me, unfortunately. Phone promptly asked for SIM Pin.

This does not unlock your phone, this is an unlocked rom with no carrier bloatware.

You must already have an unlocked phone. If your phone is paid off call your carrier and ask for the pin.
The Following User Says Thank You to zerocover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zerocover Ad-Free
15th May 2017, 09:57 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzmanj1

Just out of curiosity, will this be possible to do on a Verizon model? Obviously not flashing the ones above but making a VZ version?

That one wont. This one might.

Disclaimer I dont have a vzw phone so can't test it, but pretty much I'm making the same modification I made to the others. It should work.

If you could give it a go and let me know.

If it doesn't work this file will get you back to where you should be
15th May 2017, 10:16 PM |#8  
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,846

More
Quote:

Disclaimer I dont have a vzw phone so can't test it, but pretty much I'm making the same modification I made to the others. It should work.

I haven't bought a priv yet. But i came across a killer deal for a VZ model that's I'd be using on tmo. I'm going to be snagging it. But will test for sure and let you know. I am just trying to read up on the phone before ordering it on how to get rid of bloat and whatnot without root. Thank you very much for making the file.

16th May 2017, 10:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

This does not unlock your phone, this is an unlocked rom with no carrier bloatware.

You must already have an unlocked phone. If your phone is paid off call your carrier and ask for the pin.

Haha, duh. I'm sorry. Very distracted, late night for me when I found this thread. plz4giv
21st May 2017, 10:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

I tried it and it worked. However, once it boots it will install a software update which takes you back to the bloated VZW version. Perhaps there's a way to block that update?
21st May 2017, 03:06 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota_96

I tried it and it worked. However, once it boots it will install a software update which takes you back to the bloated VZW version. Perhaps there's a way to block that update?

Totally possible. If we had root just modify the host file and set the verizon server update ip to localhost. You should be able to install DNS66 and do something similar. This will take digging on your end to figure out what the update IP is though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, flash, image, tmobile, unlocked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)