FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery died and now its not charging

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By nycxpj, Junior Member on 23rd December 2015, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My battery just did and no blinking lights. Now my phone won't charge. Can someone help?

23rd December 2015, 04:05 PM |#2  
Flag Villa Rica, GA
Thanks Meter: 89

Donate to Me
More
Could be manufacturer defect. Your only option might be to contact BlackBerry and have them swap it under warranty. I would just to be safe.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
26th December 2015, 07:53 PM |#3  
Flag NashVegas!
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxpj

My battery just did and no blinking lights. Now my phone won't charge. Can someone help?

This happened to my Nexus 6 last year, ended up having to get a replacement from Google.
The Following User Says Thank You to swich2mac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swich2mac Ad-Free
3rd January 2016, 12:46 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Problem with Battery
If your handset is a new one, then a replacement or you may visit to store & get it checked with a professional.
6th January 2016, 12:39 PM |#5  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
If It is new smartphone, then you can replace it. Other wise I do suggest you to do that first remove your battery and clean with soft cloth and put after some time then check it. It happens some time it will not showing charging. Sop always remember that charge your mobile, then battery percentage gone below 10%
The Following User Says Thank You to pankaj554 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pankaj554 Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 11:44 AM |#6  

More
Priv is crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj554

If It is new smartphone, then you can replace it. Other wise I do suggest you to do that first remove your battery and clean with soft cloth and put after some time then check it. It happens some time it will not showing charging. Sop always remember that charge your mobile, then battery percentage gone below 10%

The battery does not come out of the priv. Thanks for suggesting something we can't do. Good going.
18th February 2016, 12:30 AM |#7  

More
replace the battery
it could be the battery NOT a defect
30th July 2018, 05:44 PM |#8  

More
Hopefully by now you found the same advice on CrackBerry as I did last night - just hold the power button on the left of the phone until it comes on.

Mine has adopted the habit of not appearing to charge or do anything once the battery hits '0%' and dies - it can lay dormant for a few days even - my advice is hook it up to a micro USB cable charging with at least 2 Amps, then hold the power button until it starts. This can take 30 seconds or more.
And for those helpful people guessing you can swap out the battery - they obviously never went near a Priv.
13th September 2018, 06:48 AM |#9  

More
I've had this issue multiple times. Solved (note, not trivial, skills and tool required!) by plugging it into a decent charger for an hour or so (might not show its charging) and thereafter removing the back cover, unscrewing the battery connector, and removing it with a pair of tweezers. Amazing that the phone comes back to life when you plug it back in. I didn't replace the screws on the battery connector so its easy to do in future.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)