FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to change QWERTZ keyboard layout to act like QWERTY?

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By DrAzzy, Senior Member on 26th December 2015, 11:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just activated a Blackberry Priv. However, i now notice that the lovely hardware keyboard is QWERTZ layout instead of QWERTY.

How do you switch the language/layout of the hardware keyboard? I cant find any information on this with google - only information on other blackberry devices. I don't get it, since I have the keyboard set to US English in the settings panel. There doesn't seem to be any other option regarding the layout?

27th December 2015, 12:31 AM |#2  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAzzy

I just activated a Blackberry Priv. However, i now notice that the lovely hardware keyboard is QWERTZ layout instead of QWERTY.

How do you switch the language/layout of the hardware keyboard? I cant find any information on this with google - only information on other blackberry devices. I don't get it, since I have the keyboard set to US English in the settings panel. There doesn't seem to be any other option regarding the layout?

My keyboard is QWERTY as it should be.

1) Did you update Blackberry apps from the Play store? If blackberry apps don't show in play store, then just search for "blackberry" in the play store and all needed apps will appear and update button will show.

If you have already done the first step, then go to settings>language & input>blackberry keyboard settings>input languages and here might be an update to the specific language.
27th December 2015, 09:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I've updated the blackberry software, but still no options seem to effect the hardware keyboard. I can change the layout of the software keyboard, but it only seems to apply to the software keyboard.
28th December 2015, 01:01 AM |#4  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAzzy

I've updated the blackberry software, but still no options seem to effect the hardware keyboard. I can change the layout of the software keyboard, but it only seems to apply to the software keyboard.

By the way, do you see the on-screen keyboard when physical one is open?
28th December 2015, 05:05 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
No, I don't see software keyboard on screen when the hardware keyboard is out. Am I supposed to? That seems like it would be undesirable. I see just three suggested words along the bottom of the screen.
1st February 2016, 08:36 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
any luck with this? i would love to change freom qwerty to qwertz and have actuallz physically changed the keyboard already... but the setting to change it is missing
26th February 2016, 01:02 AM |#7  

More
Same here. Just bought BlackBerry Priv with psysical qwertz and found that there is no tweak keys for that. I would like to change these letters virtualy, to press z and get y and opposite. How to do this. Help!
18th May 2016, 11:11 PM |#8  

More
This will help solving it, install and swap y and z https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eymapredefiner
2nd September 2018, 11:21 PM |#9  
Flag Maybe, Vancouver, Maybe Not
Thanks Meter: 7

More
just wanted to comment and say this helped me a ton with my key2 thanks so much @Mr.PeterAmgad!!
6th September 2018, 08:42 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraunhofer777

just wanted to comment and say this helped me a ton with my key2 thanks so much @Mr.PeterAmgad!!

I would like to use it with keyone.
any side effects?
can you still use the shortcuts?
google play says this is for older android versions, did you find a newer version?
thx...
31st December 2018, 05:28 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.PeterAmgad

This will help solving it, install and swap y and z https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eymapredefiner

Thanks, this worked! But now the number 7 is mapped to the Z key (alt + z), and alt + y brings out parenthesis. It's not a huge issue, but it seems there is not way remap alt + y so it will output 7 as it is in the original layout.

Also it seems there is no autocorrect available at all when using this keyboard? I was relying on autocorrect to put the right accents in Spanish, I can't seem to be able to enable this again even if I switch the language to Spanish.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)