FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overall love

814 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,605

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 21st December 2015, 06:02 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the BlackBerry Priv (Venice), all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the BlackBerry Priv (Venice) is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

29th December 2015, 08:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Overall I give this phone a four out of five. Im probably not the best judge however due to the fact I'm coming from a three year old device in the Samsung Galaxy relay 4g. After having said that though, battery life is great. I can get through a full day without charging. And that's moderate to heavy use with GPS. Virtual keyboard is awesome. I miss swpe but don't want to switch and lose predictive text functionality with hw keyboard. The hw keyboard is pretty small. I knew this going in but was still she'll shocked about it at first. I'm slowly getting used to it though. I like the scrolling functionality but the fact it doesn't work on every app and not in the same way is a deterrent. The buttons have a decent feel but I guess if they couldn't be any bigger I would of liked a spacing around them. But overall not horrible. I haven't used the camera much, but from what I've seen its lightyears ahead of what I'm used to. Even the crappie 2mp front facing camera is an upgrade from the relays 1.5(I think)mp. Anyhow, the priv seem like a pretty good next gen phone. I do agree that the price is way too high, however, especially without marshmallow.
23rd January 2016, 08:56 PM |#3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 115

More
5/5 … as a former Nexus 5 user, I wasn't aware how I missed an AMOLED screen and MicroSD support until I got the PRIV. The physical keyboard was the main reason (was curious, and I never had the G1), but the rest of the package is better than I hoped for. The OS is mostly stock with useful additions by BlackBerry. The January security update came a day before Google even announced it here. (And BBRY promised to keep delivering updates ASAP.) It's just the perfect device for me. The only thing I was missing in the beginning was wireless charging (I got the European model) … but I bought 2 original desktop stands (for the price of 1 noname wireless one!) and now this isn't a problem anymore. I'm looking forward to more awesome devices from BlackBerry running Android already…
5th February 2016, 09:22 PM |#4  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Absolutely a joy to own! It has everything I ever wanted in a smartphone and feels amazing to type on a hardware keyboard again!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0.exe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zer0.exe Ad-Free
13th October 2016, 08:12 PM |#5  
Flag Asheville
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I just got this phone yesterday and was disappointed at first. I guess using a Passport and Note 4 I was expecting more. However, I am enjoying this phone now! I do find the form factor to be great for my hands, which are small, because it is lightweight but sturdy. App download and install is a bit slow but I only got the update one day ago so maybe once it settles it'll get better. I really wish it had the Hub with swipe right and peek by swiping up slightly. That's all I have for now!
18th October 2016, 05:00 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I love this phone.... My previous phone (Xperia Z) started failing so I searched all around my city until I was informed a local T-Mobile store had 1 in stock. I rushed to get it and I have to say it is epically legendary. I do however wish we could root it because I could use some of those extra features.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
12th November 2016, 03:22 PM |#7  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 17

More
not having root it's a no no for me, and no Roms also...
but if bb keep the device updated, i'm sort of interested now...
i'm dying to own a hardware keyboard again, was so stupid to sell my D4.
29th May 2017, 01:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
+Keyboard
+More Apps than my beloved Q5 and Passport.
+Secure
-Tends to fall from my hands to the desk in a hurry if not carefull due to size and weight when handling fast onehanded.
-Sometimes lag* without multitasking on latest MM Update (example: downloading Spotify on Wifi with 16mbps)

*=yes i used Android before... since 1.x on the first galaxy from samsung in 2009 so i guess i know how to manage apps and what to not install and i'm a *NIX system architect at work - but this phone is sometimes lagging without the cooling-down notification, without cpu's above 75%, on highest cpufreq, with and w/o AC, with and w/o sdcard and a lot of free RAM, and even after fastboot'ing and fullwipe before setting up most stuff, so i guess it could be the throughput of the internal flash or some missing optimizations...
The Following User Says Thank You to silence8787 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift silence8787 Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 06:10 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence8787

+Keyboard
+More Apps than my beloved Q5 and Passport.
+Secure
-Tends to fall from my hands to the desk in a hurry if not carefull due to size and weight when handling fast onehanded.
-Sometimes lag* without multitasking on latest MM Update (example: downloading Spotify on Wifi with 16mbps)

*=yes i used Android before... since 1.x on the first galaxy from samsung in 2009 so i guess i know how to manage apps and what to not install and i'm a *NIX system architect at work - but this phone is sometimes lagging without the cooling-down notification, without cpu's above 75%, on highest cpufreq, with and w/o AC, with and w/o sdcard and a lot of free RAM, and even after fastboot'ing and fullwipe before setting up most stuff, so i guess it could be the throughput of the internal flash or some missing optimizations...

Yes, it does hang/lag. It heats up when we try to multitask. Else The phone is good. One more thing that is not upto mark> is the front camera.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)