FORUMS

Cameras Cannot Be Opened - Dell Latitude 7285

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By MKCA, Junior Member on 22nd March 2020, 10:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I hope I am writing into the right forum section...

I have installed Bliss ROM 11.10 on my Dell Latitude 7285 computer. I've found out that the most stable version is the Vulkan support for me.

But unfortunately both cameras do not work or cannot be opened - neither the back nor the front camera. When I open the camera it says: "Failed to open camera. Camera may be in use by another application?" But it is not used by another application. I also downloaded other camera apps, but it doesn't work as well.

Is that a known issue? Can I change some settings to make the cameras work?

Thanks for your help!

I am using the following device and OS:
- Dell Latitude 7285
- Bliss-OS 11.11 - Vulkan support
- Build-Number: android_x86_64_userdebug 9 PQ2A.190405.003 eng-electr.20200314.155225 test-keys
28th March 2020, 04:54 PM |#2  
saturn3000's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I installed version 12.5 Bliss OS Yantra on an Asus Vivotab Note 8 and I am also using the version with Vulkan support because it is more stable. The standard version has frequent crashes.
I also have the same problem with cameras ...
28th March 2020, 09:24 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn3000

I installed version 12.5 Bliss OS Yantra on an Asus Vivotab Note 8 and I am also using the version with Vulkan support because it is more stable. The standard version has frequent crashes.
I also have the same problem with cameras ...

Thank you for the suggestion.
But I guess the 12.5 version does not run on a x86 system, does it?
29th March 2020, 01:49 PM |#4  
saturn3000's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCA

Thank you for the suggestion.
But I guess the 12.5 version does not run on a x86 system, does it?

Version 12.5 works on x86.
29th March 2020, 02:20 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn3000

Version 12.5 works on x86.

Thanks! I didn't know that. But now I've found it.
I will try that version...
30th March 2020, 10:41 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCA

Thanks! I didn't know that. But now I've found it.
I will try that version...

Great. It works well. Thanks for your help!

Just the cameras, as you said, do not work. Although I would need them for scanning QR codes...
30th March 2020, 05:56 PM |#7  
saturn3000's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCA

Great. It works well. Thanks for your help!

Just the cameras, as you said, do not work. Although I would need them for scanning QR codes...

Another thing I've noticed that doesn't work is updating via the settings menu, it always says "server connection error".
Do you know how we can update the system manually?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes