FORUMS

Bliss OS on Surface Pro 3 (i3, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB SSD) - Help needed

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dEEkAy2k9, Junior Member on 12th April 2020, 12:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there guys!

I am currently using my Surface Pro 3 mainly as a tablet for browsing/prime/netflix and spotify.
Since i have a pretty low end Surface Pro 3 (it was good back then when i got it, now it struggles with everyday tasks), i wanted to try out Bliss OS on the Surface Pro 3.

Which Bliss OS Version should i try?

What i have tried so far (live from USB):
Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.5-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202003271858_k-k4.19.110-ax86-ga-rmi_m-19.3.4-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-_mg-_gms_cros-wv
Bliss-v11.10--OFFICIAL-20200314-1552_x86_64_k-k4.9.214-ax86-p_m-18.3.5-llvm80_ld-pie-x86_dg-pie-x86_dh-pie-x86

Bliss OS v12.5 got stuck on that fancy boot animation (that round circle thing) and after some time just shut down itself.

Bliss v11.10 did somehow work but the wifi was wonky. I could connect to my 5GHz Network with poor quality, didn't manage to open a single page in firefox and then something crashed. Wifi was off and i could not turn in back on again.
Surface Pen worked as a mouse, Surface Type Cover worked only as a Keyboard. Touchpad did not work except for the "left click". Touching it displays a mouse cursor in the top left corner which i cannot move with the touch pad.
Touch screen worked so far.
I managed to get my k850 and triathlon m720 keyboard/mouse connected via bluetooth.
i could watch something via the joyn app. netflix was not to be found on the play store and the prime video app crashes on start up.

Could you tell me if it's possible to run this on a surface pro 3 as the main os? What Version is stable and which one works? Are there any real guides for the Surface Pro 3 out there? I'd be very happy if you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)