FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]How to setup Dual Boot on legacy PC? (BlissOS and Windows 7/8.1/10)

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 110
 
By WoltreX, Senior Member on 10th June 2018, 04:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOTE: This guide is for MBR disks and legacy bios. If you want install on UEFI, this method can not help you.

1- Preparing the installation

a. Download BlissOS Official Roms ISO image.
b. Extract .ISO files into the *\BlissOS\ folder and create a custom size data.img (4gb for fat32 disk - Recomended 16 GB or 32 GB for NTFS disk)
* = Must be disk part. (you can select C:\ , D:\ or another diskparts)
Tips: You can create data.img file with Android PC Toolbox . Create and copy data.img into the BlissOS folder.

2- Setup grup for dual boot

a. Download EasyBCD and install it.
b. Run EasyBCD.exe > Add new entry > NeoGrub > ─░nstall


-Click Configure and delete all text. (editing menu.lst)
-Copy and paste that text there..

Quote:

default 0
timeout 1

title BlissOS
root (hd0,1)
find --set-root ls /BlissOS/kernel
kernel /BlissOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/BlissOS vga=788
initrd /BlissOS/initrd.img
boot

Important Note for root settings: You will change these numbers according to where you installed it.
root (hd0,1)
hd0 is your hdd number..
1 is your hdd disk volume number..

-Download Bootice for see disk numbers..


-Run Bootice.exe > Physical disk > Parts Manage - You will see disk parts.. No = hdd disk Volume number


-Rename your boot entry
-Select Count down (you can change timing "10")
-For Windows 10 / windows 8.1 os, check the "use metro bootloader" option.


-Click Save settings.

3-Setup completed. Restart your pc and have fun.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WoltreX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WoltreX Ad-Free
 
 
31st July 2018, 08:45 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Error 15 file not found
15th August 2018, 09:49 AM |#3  
WoltreX's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Android World
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
Edit : Changed menu.lst entries. Now,It is set to be the root kernel.
25th August 2018, 01:32 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoltreX

Edit : Changed menu.lst entries. Now,It is set to be the root kernel.

I hope this works fine, I used the easy installer provided by bliss but it shows error "not all requirement are met" and it opens but I cant click anything.
3rd September 2018, 08:51 PM |#5  
ElfinJNoty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St George, UT
Thanks Meter: 1,216
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetrosky

I hope this works fine, I used the easy installer provided by bliss but it shows error "not all requirement are met" and it opens but I cant click anything.

the installer provided by bliss is only compatible with UEFI systems. Is not compatible with legacy. And it will tell you in the output window(top right corner of the installer) which conditions are not met. Just have to look
21st October 2018, 11:43 AM |#6  
Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 322
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfinJNoty

the installer provided by bliss is only compatible with UEFI systems. Is not compatible with legacy. And it will tell you in the output window(top right corner of the installer) which conditions are not met. Just have to look

Does it creates a swap partition or use ramdisk. If ramdisk, then compatibility will also depend on the RAM.
21st October 2018, 04:06 PM |#7  
ElfinJNoty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St George, UT
Thanks Meter: 1,216
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPrimeOS

Does it creates a swap partition or use ramdisk. If ramdisk, then compatibility will also depend on the RAM.

There is no swap created by Bliss
There is a ramdisk
21st October 2018, 09:18 PM |#8  
Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 322
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfinJNoty

There is no swap created by Bliss
There is a ramdisk

Thanks for the info, what is the minimum ram required then?
21st October 2018, 09:44 PM |#9  
ElfinJNoty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St George, UT
Thanks Meter: 1,216
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPrimeOS

Thanks for the info, what is the minimum ram required then?

We've not had an issue with a minimum requirement.
This is an OS booting directly. Compare it to an older phone that can run Android: 1gb? 2gb?safe to assume more ram the better...
Most modern systems have at least 2gb which should be sufficient for any Blisss OS build.

As usual, why not test and find out?
#StasyBlissful
22nd October 2018, 07:25 AM |#10  
Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 322
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfinJNoty

We've not had an issue with a minimum requirement.
This is an OS booting directly. Compare it to an older phone that can run Android: 1gb? 2gb?safe to assume more ram the better...
Most modern systems have at least 2gb which should be sufficient for any Blisss OS build.

As usual, why not test and find out?
#StasyBlissful

Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetrosky

I hope this works fine, I used the easy installer provided by bliss but it shows error "not all requirement are met" and it opens but I cant click anything.

Can you list the mentioned incompatibilities.
22nd October 2018, 10:02 AM |#11  
ElfinJNoty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St George, UT
Thanks Meter: 1,216
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPrimeOS

Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------



Can you list the mentioned incompatibilities.

His issue was not due to incompatibility
The installer has some basic minimum requirements which is explained in the OP and Post 2. It also produces a log which would have explained his exact problem. There is also a YouTube video demonstrating the process successfully from start to finish.

*I didn't want their to be any confusion of there being something incompatible or broken about the UEFI Windows installer.exe*
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes