[GUIDE]How to setup Dual Boot on legacy PC? (BlissOS and Windows 7/8.1/10)

Search This thread

WoltreX

Feb 6, 2018
Android World
www.patreon.com
NOTE: This guide is for MBR disks and legacy bios. If you want install on UEFI, this method can not help you.

1- Preparing the installation

a. Download BlissOS Official Roms ISO image.
b. Extract .ISO files into the *\BlissOS\ folder and create a custom size data.img (4gb for fat32 disk - Recomended 16 GB or 32 GB for NTFS disk)
* = Must be disk part. (you can select C:\ , D:\ or another diskparts)
Tips: You can create data.img file with Android PC Toolbox . Create and copy data.img into the BlissOS folder.

2- Setup grup for dual boot

a. Download EasyBCD and install it.
b. Run EasyBCD.exe > Add new entry > NeoGrub > İnstall

BCD01.jpg

-Click Configure and delete all text. (editing menu.lst)
-Copy and paste that text there..

default 0
timeout 1

title BlissOS
root (hd0,1)
find --set-root ls /BlissOS/kernel
kernel /BlissOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/BlissOS vga=788
initrd /BlissOS/initrd.img
boot

Important Note for root settings: You will change these numbers according to where you installed it.
root (hd0,1)
hd0 is your hdd number..
1 is your hdd disk volume number..

-Download Bootice for see disk numbers..

Bootice01.jpg

-Run Bootice.exe > Physical disk > Parts Manage - You will see disk parts.. No = hdd disk Volume number

Bootice02.jpg

-Rename your boot entry
-Select Count down (you can change timing "10")
-For Windows 10 / windows 8.1 os, check the "use metro bootloader" option.

BCD03.jpg

-Click Save settings.

3-Setup completed. Restart your pc and have fun.

Last edited:

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I hope this works fine, I used the easy installer provided by bliss but it shows error "not all requirement are met" and it opens but I cant click anything.

the installer provided by bliss is only compatible with UEFI systems. Is not compatible with legacy. And it will tell you in the output window(top right corner of the installer) which conditions are not met. Just have to look:good:

TeamPrimeOS

Oct 16, 2018
New Delhi
the installer provided by bliss is only compatible with UEFI systems. Is not compatible with legacy. And it will tell you in the output window(top right corner of the installer) which conditions are not met. Just have to look:good:

Does it creates a swap partition or use ramdisk. If ramdisk, then compatibility will also depend on the RAM.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Thanks for the info, what is the minimum ram required then?

We've not had an issue with a minimum requirement.
This is an OS booting directly. Compare it to an older phone that can run Android: 1gb? 2gb?safe to assume more ram the better...
Most modern systems have at least 2gb which should be sufficient for any Blisss OS build.

As usual, why not test and find out?
#StasyBlissful

TeamPrimeOS

Oct 16, 2018
New Delhi
We've not had an issue with a minimum requirement.
This is an OS booting directly. Compare it to an older phone that can run Android: 1gb? 2gb?safe to assume more ram the better...
Most modern systems have at least 2gb which should be sufficient for any Blisss OS build.

As usual, why not test and find out?
#StasyBlissful

Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

I hope this works fine, I used the easy installer provided by bliss but it shows error "not all requirement are met" and it opens but I cant click anything.

Can you list the mentioned incompatibilities.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Can you list the mentioned incompatibilities.

His issue was not due to incompatibility
The installer has some basic minimum requirements which is explained in the OP and Post 2. It also produces a log which would have explained his exact problem. There is also a YouTube video demonstrating the process successfully from start to finish.

*I didn't want their to be any confusion of there being something incompatible or broken about the UEFI Windows installer.exe*

mike2587

Apr 1, 2012
Bari
Why the link for BlissOS/Android PC Toolbox has been deleted? I need it for installing Bliss OS on my not uefi pc

EDIT: Anyway I created an USB Bliss image (BlissOS 7.2 stable) and installed successfully on my hd (on a new partition formatted as ext4), I created then the entry with EasyBCD as suggested, changing the hd number, but when I choose the Bliss entry in the boot menu i got the "Error 13, invalid or unsupported executable format” message. Can anybody help me?

Last edited:

alex_2020

Nov 28, 2018
nerub config file for a android 9 Pie Bliss

when you click on easy BCD and install a neogrub and open neogrub install file
you i have seen someone has made a code like this >
defaul 0
timeout 10

root (hd0,X)
title 1. Normal Mode - Start Android OS in normal mode.
find --set-root /Android/kernel
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 SERIAL=random logo.showlogo=1 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet SRC=Android/ DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1
initrd /Android/initrd.img
boot

root (hd0,X)
title 2. Recovery Mode - Start Android OS in recovery mode.
find --set-root /Android/kernel
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 SERIAL=random logo.showlogo=1 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet SRC=Android/ DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 SAVE_LO
initrd /Android/initrd.img root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive vmalloc=192M buildvariant=eng nomodeset RECOVERY=1 RAMDISK=recovery.img SRC
boot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then instead of X you find your partition and like everything but
my ask for help is a code is incomplete as you see a second part a recovery more
start android in recovery mode is incomplete ? does anyone knows the ending of a code ? thank you ....its for making a better boot android neogrub menu and dual boot with windows 10 .......

Last edited:

Preud

May 28, 2019
Stuck at (blinkin) _

After I press the BlissOS boot option
The last phrase on the text is Android-x86. . . found at /dev/sda4
then around 20 seconds
black screen appear with blinking _ at the top corner

Last edited:

theistus

Mar 27, 2010
wtf is up with the shady as hell link for the toolbox? Russian website says I have to install Multy App to download it.

This is some bull**** right here, not touching that with goddam 10 foot pole

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: This guide is for MBR disks and legacy bios. If you want install on UEFI, this method can not help you.

1- Preparing the installation

a. Download BlissOS Official Roms ISO image.
    b. Extract .ISO files into the *\BlissOS\ folder and create a custom size data.img (4gb for fat32 disk - Recomended 16 GB or 32 GB for NTFS disk)
    * = Must be disk part. (you can select C:\ , D:\ or another diskparts)
    Tips: You can create data.img file with Android PC Toolbox . Create and copy data.img into the BlissOS folder.

2- Setup grup for dual boot

a. Download EasyBCD and install it.
    b. Run EasyBCD.exe > Add new entry > NeoGrub > İnstall

BCD01.jpg

-Click Configure and delete all text. (editing menu.lst)
    -Copy and paste that text there..

default 0
    timeout 1

title BlissOS
    root (hd0,1)
    find --set-root ls /BlissOS/kernel
    kernel /BlissOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/BlissOS vga=788
    initrd /BlissOS/initrd.img
    boot

Important Note for root settings: You will change these numbers according to where you installed it.
    root (hd0,1)
    hd0 is your hdd number..
    1 is your hdd disk volume number..

-Download Bootice for see disk numbers..

Bootice01.jpg

-Run Bootice.exe > Physical disk > Parts Manage - You will see disk parts.. No = hdd disk Volume number

Bootice02.jpg

-Rename your boot entry
    -Select Count down (you can change timing "10")
    -For Windows 10 / windows 8.1 os, check the "use metro bootloader" option.

BCD03.jpg

-Click Save settings.

3-Setup completed. Restart your pc and have fun.