FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC bolt half screen black

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By soldier1184, Senior Member on 2nd February 2017, 04:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue of half of the screen going black and then back to normal wanting to know if it's due to the last update ( didn't start happening until I took the new ota few days ago) anyway to go backwards without complete format not rooted yet or else wouldn't care but unsure of worth rooting or nor due to not enough information nor roms or kernels yet so anyway anyone let me know of there experienced the same issue after the last update thanks

2nd February 2017, 11:23 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 15,947

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier1184

Wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue of half of the screen going black and then back to normal wanting to know if it's due to the last update ( didn't start happening until I took the new ota few days ago) anyway to go backwards without complete format not rooted yet or else wouldn't care but unsure of worth rooting or nor due to not enough information nor roms or kernels yet so anyway anyone let me know of there experienced the same issue after the last update thanks

only way to go back is being s-off....can u post a screenshot? u sure it's not the split screen feature?
2nd February 2017, 01:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madera.CA
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
screenshot
It's not the split screen feature it's str8 black on right side and it seems to only happen after the update google on it and you will c
12th February 2017, 05:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The same issue
I have just the same problem . To be honest, I was "5 minutes away" to go the store as my HTC 10 Evo/Bolt is 5 days old only. But if that not "my unique case" then the update may be the reason.

Did you post any info directly to the HTC?

Please stay in touch as I'll do.
18th February 2017, 05:02 PM |#5  

More
Black Screen
I started experiencing the same issue in December, in addition eventually the issue progresses to screen artifacting and flickering. I am on my second phone and about to send that one in for a replacement due to re-occurrence of the issue.

HTC has about a four week turn around time, so beware. If you have really bad issues ask to speak to the escalations supervisor.
7th March 2017, 09:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Many people are experiencing this issue. Some have gone through 3-4 replacements already with each new one having the same issue. My BOLT only experiences this when I pull it out of my pocket and unlock. Can be fixed temporarily by giving the right hand side of screen a firm tap. Anybody have any ideas on a fix?
10th March 2017, 12:34 AM |#7  

More
I'm on my 3rd phone due to that issue. You just have to exchange it. No way to fix it.
16th April 2017, 12:16 AM |#8  
peoria, az
Thanks Meter: 977

More
Mine just started jumping around only on the right side has not blacked out yet Click image for larger version

Name:	513961393.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	4113882

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
16th April 2017, 12:22 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 15,947

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshocka

Mine just started jumping around only on the right side has not blacked out yet Attachment 4113882

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

my Bolt is not currently active, so I haven't been using much, but I do recall the screen jumping around once when I pulled it out to check something...just checked it again and it's fine...weird
The Following User Says Thank You to OMJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2017, 08:22 PM |#10  

More
I wonder if anyone has a perfectly working (for months) and not overheating bolt. I've gone through 3. Should be recalled.
25th April 2017, 01:13 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurenow

I wonder if anyone has a perfectly working (for months) and not overheating bolt. I've gone through 3. Should be recalled.

I have had my bolt since the Black Friday sale and I have had zero issues and I hope it never does.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)