HTC bolt half screen black

Search This thread

soldier1184

Dec 3, 2012
Madera.CA
Wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue of half of the screen going black and then back to normal wanting to know if it's due to the last update ( didn't start happening until I took the new ota few days ago) anyway to go backwards without complete format not rooted yet or else wouldn't care but unsure of worth rooting or nor due to not enough information nor roms or kernels yet so anyway anyone let me know of there experienced the same issue after the last update thanks

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue of half of the screen going black and then back to normal wanting to know if it's due to the last update ( didn't start happening until I took the new ota few days ago) anyway to go backwards without complete format not rooted yet or else wouldn't care but unsure of worth rooting or nor due to not enough information nor roms or kernels yet so anyway anyone let me know of there experienced the same issue after the last update thanks

only way to go back is being s-off....can u post a screenshot? u sure it's not the split screen feature?

soldier1184

Dec 3, 2012
Madera.CA
screenshot

It's not the split screen feature it's str8 black on right side and it seems to only happen after the update google on it and you will c

Lavrentiew

Feb 12, 2017
The same issue

I have just the same problem . To be honest, I was "5 minutes away" to go the store as my HTC 10 Evo/Bolt is 5 days old only. But if that not "my unique case" then the update may be the reason.

Did you post any info directly to the HTC?

Please stay in touch as I'll do.

tgh48

Feb 18, 2017
Black Screen

I started experiencing the same issue in December, in addition eventually the issue progresses to screen artifacting and flickering. I am on my second phone and about to send that one in for a replacement due to re-occurrence of the issue.

HTC has about a four week turn around time, so beware. If you have really bad issues ask to speak to the escalations supervisor.

mscooksey21

Aug 16, 2012
Many people are experiencing this issue. Some have gone through 3-4 replacements already with each new one having the same issue. My BOLT only experiences this when I pull it out of my pocket and unlock. Can be fixed temporarily by giving the right hand side of screen a firm tap. Anybody have any ideas on a fix?

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
Mine just started jumping around only on the right side has not blacked out yet 513961393.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Mine just started jumping around only on the right side has not blacked out yet View attachment 4113882

my Bolt is not currently active, so I haven't been using much, but I do recall the screen jumping around once when I pulled it out to check something...just checked it again and it's fine...weird

Reactions: jayshocka

futurenow

Dec 17, 2014
I wonder if anyone has a perfectly working (for months) and not overheating bolt. I've gone through 3. Should be recalled.

4puttaz

Mar 27, 2017
Phoenix
I have had my bolt since the Black Friday sale and I have had zero issues and I hope it never does.

Im curious if you have taken all the OTA updates? My Bolt was fine for about 3 months before i had severy lag issues but not the screen problem. I took it back yesterday and got a new one. My new one is on an old software version 1.15.651.11 and there have been 3 updates since this version. I have not updated yet.

Thanks,

futurenow

Dec 17, 2014
Yes, def it was after the Android OTA updates. Curious if anyone experience the problem with updating.

4puttaz

Mar 27, 2017
Phoenix
t\
Just got bolt #3 let's hope this one stays good

Im on number 2 since Tuesday. I had bad lag issue. new phone fine so far, took too OTA updates from .11 to .15 and .22. its not alerting me to the latest 1.32.651.6 however yet?? So far no issues and phone is not running hot either.

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
I should also mention that I am out 3 screen savers. Think Sprint will give me a bill credit on those

rylip

Mar 10, 2016
Im curious if you have taken all the OTA updates? My Bolt was fine for about 3 months before i had severy lag issues but not the screen problem. I took it back yesterday and got a new one. My new one is on an old software version 1.15.651.11 and there have been 3 updates since this version. I have not updated yet.

Thanks,
I have taken all updates and so far have had no complaints the only time I've had it get warm was when I was charging and playing Pokemon go. No unusual lagging or screen problems so far I am also unlocked and s off I have flashed bb rom and am currently stock right now between the two I have had I good experience so far I hope htc gets the kinks out because this phone even though has an older processor is a good device.

4puttaz

Mar 27, 2017
Phoenix
I have taken all updates and so far have had no complaints the only time I've had it get warm was when I was charging and playing Pokemon go. No unusual lagging or screen problems so far I am also unlocked and s off I have flashed bb rom and am currently stock right now between the two I have had I good experience so far I hope htc gets the kinks out because this phone even though has an older processor is a good device.

I too like the phone except for the kinks. I have taken OTA for .15 anc .22 without any issues. Then after about another day it is telling me to update to the new 1.32.651.6. everything is good but i guess i will take the update and hope for the best.

jdawglx01

Jun 29, 2010
Recently I've been having trouble with the screen staying black with key pad lit on wake on gesture or power button. That may have been caused by my case... But more concerning is the screen flickering. It seems to come about more as the day goes on. When it starts to happen I tried rebooting, and it does it during boot too. I wonder about the longevity of this phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine just started jumping around only on the right side has not blacked out yet View attachment 4113882

my Bolt is not currently active, so I haven't been using much, but I do recall the screen jumping around once when I pulled it out to check something...just checked it again and it's fine...weird
    Turn off the media gesture (settings->display->media gesture). This HTC developed function causes the half screen black effect in htc 10 bolt or evo in my experience.