Screen locks up

Search This thread

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
It only happens to me when it is my pocket I can leave it in my truck console or in my shirt pocket and it never happens. So strange.

Hardware 0004

Software..... 22

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
I am on the most recent update Screenshot_20170130-082042.png

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Do you have the same issue with your pockets

I think u may be on to something....I paid closer attention yesterday....at home when I had it laying out, it always unlocked ok, but when I was out & had it in my pocket, it would give me trouble...I've also been getting crazy lag, very annoying, I RUU's this am, but it's still present at times.

Reactions: jayshocka

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
I flashed the 1.17.651.15 firmware to see if there's any difference...so far it's behaving normal, I'll report back after more time

Reactions: jayshocka

Motfiamike

Apr 3, 2011
For what it's worth I still haven't gotten my phone back from HTC.. My problem was very similar to OMJ once I get it back I'm going to request the work order to see what was actually repaired. Up to this point they won't tell me what's wrong with it, just that they are waiting on parts

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
Two days I did not put the phone in my pants pocket. Today I did accidently.... Boom locked up for 2 hours.

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
Sucks that the only people that I have talked to about this phone are having issues. Except for the fact I cannot put it in my front pocket I love it

chaos67731

Feb 6, 2010
Las Vegas
www.jamesriter.com
I have the same problem with 2 Bolts, and my 3rd is on the way.

When I talked to the reps at the sprint store , they said they have been getting a lot of Bolts with the same problem. Does anyone know if HTC has said anything about this problem yet?

Reactions: DarthNixilis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I narrowed the problem down. Any firm press or swipe on the upper half of the screen blacks out the screen and can cause a reboot. Also sending or back to HTC. Luckily I have a backup phone.
    got my Bolt back, so far so good, but it's only been active a day
    Yes, super annoying, HTC and Sprint should address

Any progress on a solution? Please acknowledge with a comment on my YouTube video. With a rooted rom, the screen blackout issue causes a reboot. My phone is barely usable at this point. Blackouts happen randomly and can hardly unlock it. About to send it back to HTC as sprint wants to charge me 75 bucks to look at it.

Search, HTC Bolt blackout problem, I'm not allowed to post links here.

Hopefully can be fixed in software.

Anyone else? I push the power button to turn the screen on and the soft keys light up and no screen. It has been happening every couple of hours for the past 3 days. Any ideas or suggestions?

Anyone else? I push the power button to turn the screen on and the soft keys light up and no screen. It has been happening every couple of hours for the past 3 days. Any ideas or suggestions?

I had a similar issue, mine went crazy and was rebooting randomly thought out the day as well though. I never rooted or anything. I ended up sending it back to HTC they have had it for a week and it's still "in repair". I started to tap the back of the phone when the screen wouldn't turn on and it eventually would work for whatever that's worth
    What if they intentionally flashed back (thinking that this latest patch is causing the issue) and then borked it from updating to the latest (to avoid another issue)? I don't remember what it was on before, other than it was on the latest because I'm OCD about checking for updates when I start setting up a device. Can you let me know what the Android Security Patch date on the 1.32.651.6 RUU is? I'm on 1.17.651.22 on my newly received Bolt and it's December 1st? Wondering if this is what they did and if this would be a way to tell if they rolled me back from when I sent it in for repair. (I have confirmed that this is the same device that I shipped in.)

I read in this thread that people have tried rolling back, but they still had the issue aftewards. I'm wondering if they do some magic back at the HTC support center and then handicap the devices, so to speak, from updating.

I'm afraid of updating to the latest RUU and being back in the same boat. THX.

1.32.651.6 has security patch of Jan 2017...that's odd that HTC would roll it back...they're notorious for flashing the latest...but I can tell you, this issue was definitely present on 1.17.651.22, so I don't see how updating to the latest would be any worse.

your issue could be a mistake or intentional, I wouldn't think they would do that though....very strange!