FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Root]SuperSU v2.78 SR5 and S-OFF (SunShine)

6,121 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,219

By jcase, Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 5th December 2016, 03:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th December 2016, 04:35 PM |#11  
peoria, az
Thanks Meter: 974

More
So i have been on Samsung since my evo 4g. Just to be clear I can have root access without S off and I can go back to stock by flashing an ruu?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

17th December 2016, 05:09 PM |#12  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 13,949

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshocka

So i have been on Samsung since my evo 4g. Just to be clear I can have root access without S off and I can go back to stock by flashing an ruu?

flash the rooted recovery in OP, follow the instructions....this keeps /system stock, with systemless root...once booted w/ root, install & run sunshine, once done, to return to 100%, just flash the stock recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to OMJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2016, 05:15 PM |#13  
Flag MN

Donate to Me
More
fyi--the latest twrp can be used along w/ supersu

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...8340#downloads
25th December 2016, 07:04 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Got stuck between an currupt encryption data and non-stock recovery
After sunshine my device booted but was getting a corrupt encryption data error...at that point I was nervous... so I tried to do a factory reset... Got the same error...finally remembered I hadnt flashed back to stock-ish firmware...

Now factory reset is working and im assuming ill just reroot and everything will be good to go...
25th December 2016, 07:31 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldunn2008

After sunshine my device booted but was getting a corrupt encryption data error...at that point I was nervous... so I tried to do a factory reset... Got the same error...finally remembered I hadnt flashed back to stock-ish firmware...

Now factory reset is working and im assuming ill just reroot and everything will be good to go...

Yes same thing happened to me. Just needed to reflash stock recovery, rooted recovery can't / won't be able to complete the factory data reset. After the reset , just reroot
25th December 2016, 08:08 PM |#16  
Flag MN

Donate to Me
More
There is no need to use the rooted recovery from op any longer since we have a fully functional twrp & supersu

Sent from my HTC 2PYB2 using XDA Labs
27th December 2016, 04:05 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ

There is no need to use the rooted recovery from op any longer since we have a fully functional twrp & supersu

Sent from my HTC 2PYB2 using XDA Labs

I couldn't install TWRP until I was rooted with s-off...and couldn't s-off until I was rooted....therefore I had to use the rooted recovery to get rooted so I could install TWRP....right?

I'm semi-novice...just learned ADB when I got my S7 rooted earlier this year...so I may be doing things more complicated when they need to be...

(also OMJ, I installed your bad boys rom from the download on original post but once installed it was v1.2...and since my account is so new I can't post over there yet)

**(OMJ, I reflashed your rom after redownloading and now it says I'm using version 1.3....but I don't have tether/hotspot in settings?)
27th December 2016, 09:57 PM |#18  
Flag MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldunn2008

I couldn't install TWRP until I was rooted with s-off...and couldn't s-off until I was rooted....therefore I had to use the rooted recovery to get rooted so I could install TWRP....right?

I'm semi-novice...just learned ADB when I got my S7 rooted earlier this year...so I may be doing things more complicated when they need to be...

(also OMJ, I installed your bad boys rom from the download on original post but once installed it was v1.2...and since my account is so new I can't post over there yet)

**(OMJ, I reflashed your rom after redownloading and now it says I'm using version 1.3....but I don't have tether/hotspot in settings?)

u don't need root to flash TWRP...u only need to unlock bootloader...flashing TWRP is the same process of flashing the rooted recovery from OP...it's done from fastboot

u should be able to post in my ROM thread, not in this thread...or create a thread in general & tag me
6th January 2017, 06:33 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
please make it possible to run on DROID TURBO 2...
please contact me at this email : abari3935@gmail.com
let me know as soon as it is available for my device...
thank you
6th January 2017, 07:21 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abari3935

please make it possible to run on DROID TURBO 2...
please contact me at this email : abari3935@gmail.com
let me know as soon as it is available for my device...
thank you

This is the HTC Bolt forum, this method will only work for HTC bolt, no other device. 2nd off, it's you who needs to frequently check the status of root exploits for your device. No Dev is going to specifically get ahold of u to keep u posted on how a project is progressing.
13th January 2017, 04:30 PM |#21  
peoria, az
Thanks Meter: 974

More
OK do I need to unlock bootloader on HTC.com before I follow op directions

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)