[GENERAL HELP] Post Your Questions Here Instead of Making a New Thread

1,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 710

Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to
https://img.xda-cdn.com/Xc8kWSHGZQn3-dSs5AHtcdcdAoQ=/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geeky-gadgets.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F03%2Fbuttefly-2.jpg

HTC Butterfly 3

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters
... @abhishekr700
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request to me through PM
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.

Dont forget to press the Thanks button for me !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhishekr700 Ad-Free

7th November 2015, 09:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Dear XDA-ers

I can't send Texts (sms) if I use international format with "+" sign, however if I use 00 instead of "+" then I can. Anyone has any experience with this. SMS Center and all settings are correct and have been googling a lot...

Would locking of bootloader would mean anything, I don't recall this problem while bootloader was locked, or I removed too much bloatware...

Any clues ?
(HTV31)
7th November 2015, 03:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_b

Dear XDA-ers

I can't send Texts (sms) if I use international format with "+" sign, however if I use 00 instead of "+" then I can. Anyone has any experience with this. SMS Center and all settings are correct and have been googling a lot...

Would locking of bootloader would mean anything, I don't recall this problem while bootloader was locked, or I removed too much bloatware...

Any clues ?
(HTV31)

I dont think its got anything to do with bootloader...maybe try calling customer care..lets see what they say.

Please press the thanks button on this post.
7th November 2015, 04:21 PM |#4  

More
currently status of the bootloader is "relocked", how do I turn it back to unlocked ?
i tried fastboot oem unlock
fastboot oem unlock_bootloader
but no joy

any ideas please ? thx !
7th November 2015, 07:21 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekr700

I dont think its got anything to do with bootloader...maybe try calling customer care..lets see what they say.

when i send text to e.g. +32 477 1111111111
I got message from operator:
Warning: you have sent SMS to number 010 32 47 1111111111 which does not support receiving SMSs.
8th November 2015, 01:55 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_b

I tried several sim cards by various operators, all have the same issue. I got bit further with one operator, here is example:

when i send text to e.g. +32 477 1111111111
I got message from operator:
Warning: you have sent SMS to number 010 32 47 1111111111 which does not support receiving SMSs.

Any ideas why + is replaced with 010 (IDD prefix Japan or US ??), but can't find how / where to change it...

https://www.aql.com/site/faqs/countr...ional-sms.html
According to it, it says 00 is international format.
So maybe + for mat is obsolete now...

Please press thanks button on above and this post for further help
8th November 2015, 10:02 AM |#7  

More
CDMA Workshop for HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekr700

https://www.aql.com/site/faqs/countr...ional-sms.html
According to it, it says 00 is international format.
So maybe + for mat is obsolete now...

It's not obsolete. HTC HTV31 J is Japanese phone, exit country code in Japan is 010 and that's why messenger replaces + with 010. Europe/US have 00 for exit country code.
Interesting part is that Dialer doesn't do that mistake, looks like dialer picks conversion from the operator, while SMS messenger gets information somewhere from rom. By the looks of the problem; won't be easy to solve.

I was hoping using CDMA Tool or CDMA Workshop to try to change IDD or whatever IDD is composed of.
27th November 2015, 12:58 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Which htc phone have cdma and gsm sim capable like htc E8

Plz tell me in 13mp camera and 2gb ram or high

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
29th November 2015, 07:28 PM |#9  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,227

More
Storage B3 and 128gb micro sd problems
Everytime I put my sd Card into phone start to reboot randomly, sometimes after a minute and sometimes take more time but eventually it reboots from nothing.

Tried same sd in my old B2 and works perfect, also tried other sd in B3 and all ok.
Formated in windows and android but srill same problem...
Any help is appreciated.
19th December 2015, 01:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm planning to HTV31 J Butterfly but I hate the shutter sound.
Rooting the phone might enable me to remove the corresponding file.
I heard that this will make the phone lose OTA function afterwards.
Is that true and any suggestions?
12th January 2016, 01:09 PM |#11  
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Removing au/KDDI from phone?
I recently bought a rooted HTV31 and want to remove the Japanese carrier apps. Is there a list out there of those apps from au/KDDI that can be safely uninstalled?

Also, I have tried using Titanium Backup with superuser access to uninstall some au apps but whenever I reboot, those apps are still around. Anyone knows why?

Any help is greatly appreciated! (:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)