1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
PLEASE BEFORE YOU FLASH ROMS MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM INCLUDING EFS SO YOU DO NOT BRICK YOUR MOBILE
WHAT IS TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
How to intall TWRP using ODIN
1) Go to Settings » About phone » and tap “Build number” seven times to enable “Developer options”.
2) Go back to the main Settings page, scroll to bottom and select“Developer options” from there.
3) Under Developer options, look for “Enable OEM unlock”checkbox/toggle and make sure you Check it or turn it ON.
4) Now Boot your Samsung Android device into Download mode.To Do So Follow the steps below
5) Switch off your device.
6) Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
Once your device is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin will automatically detect the device and show an “Added!!” message. If not then your device is not connected properly
7) Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the TWRP recovery .tar file that you downloaded for your device.
8) Click the Start button on Odin to start Flashing and wait for it to finish the process.
Once it finished successfully, a pass message on the Odin screen will pop up
Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. Now You can disconnect your device.
Done!!! TWRP is now installed on your device
NOTE: YOU MAY HAVE TO UNCHECK AUTO REBOOT IN THE OPTIONS TAB IN ODIN
TWRP source code: https://github.com/TeamWin
Source code device tree: https://github.com/travismills82/twr...msung_c9ltechn https://github.com/TeamWin/android_d...sung_c9ltechn/
TWRP Nougat Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620775437
TWRP Oreo Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...78262903985796
Contributors @travis82 @k2wl @deadman96385