Wiko stairway stock rom (completely bugless)

Search This thread

ashutoshtaikar

Nov 27, 2012
mumbai
Guys I've been searching for a stock rom which could run games like MC4 and vector cut the rope.
As we all know that Canvas 4 is a rebranded clone of Wiko stairway every specification is the same. :angel:
So i finally flashed the stock rom of the Wiko Stairway and its trust me guys you should flash this rom because its bugless and moreover every game which was not running on stock rom of canvas 4 is now found to be running. :) :D
Seriously a great relief to me :good:
Note: Cut the rope is not working but cut the rope 2 is working :)
Flash it guys if you want a close to stock android experience with every game running :)

here is the simple installation file:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=y_Um&id=0BzeAvoIC2yhHZGZaREljbEpaeEE

for Flashing via sptools:
http://translate.google.co.in/trans...917-rom-stock-wiko-stairway-4-2-1&prev=search

WARNING: By default It will repartition the internal rom so make sure you backup the contents of internal SD card
IT WILL ERASE THE CONTENTS OF THE INTERNAL SD CARD
Partition will be in this way:
Internal storage(previously phone storage): will change from 2.5GB to 4GB
Phone memory(previously Internal SD card): will change from 10GB to 8GB

Im attaching the screenshots :) Im happy :)

Attachments

• HS.jpg
    HS.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,524
  • am.jpg
    am.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,504
  • mem.png
    mem.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,481
  • intmem.png
    intmem.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,446
Last edited:

ashutoshtaikar

Nov 27, 2012
mumbai
is it possible to repartition the internal sd cards the way they were on stock canvas rom?

I've not tried it but i believe its possible to repartition the ROM by selecting the EBR files (EBR 1, EBR 2) of the stock rom of canvas 4 in conjunction with other files of wiko stairway rom and flash it via sptools

ELSE
this is simple program to modify the EBR files
http://xdaforums.com/canvas-turbo/general/howto-modify-ebr-mediatek-devices-t2769604

I've not tried yet but will try and let you know once I'm done with my exams or if u are impatient you yourself can try and let me know :p :)

Last edited:

xfiarc

Mar 12, 2013
bamuna.com
Not sure whether its the rom problem.. But after flashing to this rom im experiencing more frequent network issues :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-30-23-35-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-30-23-35-01.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_2014-12-01-07-35-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-01-07-35-37.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

ashutoshtaikar

Nov 27, 2012
mumbai
Not sure whether its the rom problem.. But after flashing to this rom im experiencing more frequent network issues :(

I did not face any network issues make sure your sim is inserted properly or if you have not subscribed to 3G make sure you have turned off the 3G switch for that particular sim

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-01-12-50-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-01-12-50-04.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 135

xfiarc

Mar 12, 2013
bamuna.com
Its a bit stable now after several restarts.. I even turned off 1 sim and switched to 2g.. Lets see how it goes.. Btw i didnt experience this whn using the pure xperia rom :(

I did not face any network issues make sure your sim is inserted properly or if you have not subscribed to 3G make sure you have turned off the 3G switch for that particular sim

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-01-13-08-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-01-13-08-12.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 114

ashutoshtaikar

Nov 27, 2012
mumbai
Its a bit stable now after several restarts.. I even turned off 1 sim and switched to 2g.. Lets see how it goes.. Btw i didnt experience this whn using the pure xperia rom :(

:( that is really strange and doesn't seem to be a ROM issue because it is the same rom as that of the C4 stock. :confused:
try flashing the same rom again or revert back to the pureXperia and see if you are facing the same network issue.

xfiarc

Mar 12, 2013
bamuna.com
:( that is really strange and doesn't seem to be a ROM issue because it is the same rom as that of the C4 stock. :confused:
try flashing the same rom again or revert back to the pureXperia and see if you are facing the same network issue.
Hey.. Did u install the system update (ota) after flashing ? It could b because of that as well ? Now Asphalt 7 is getting stuck at checking files.. It worked only once :(

Anyways I'll try to flash the same ROM again and see how it works :)

ashutoshtaikar

Nov 27, 2012
mumbai
@xfiarc
Hey ya sorry bro forgot to mention that yes i had installed the system update (ota) as soon as i installed the rom
Maybe that could solve the network problems :)
And i really dont like asphalt 7 so i rooted and uninstalled asphalt 7 and other preinstalled games :p
But i think the update will solve that issue too

Sent from my STAIRWAY using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

xfiarc

Mar 12, 2013
bamuna.com
@xfiarc
Hey ya sorry bro forgot to mention that yes i had installed the system update (ota) as soon as i installed the rom
Maybe that could solve the network problems :)
And i really dont like asphalt 7 so i rooted and uninstalled asphalt 7 and other preinstalled games :p
But i think the update will solve that issue too

Sent from my STAIRWAY using XDA Free mobile app
Bro I also installed the update but no luck :( I think the easiest method is to do a factory reset and see.. Will update here once done :)

Edit: i switched back to Pure Xperia rom and the network issue is sorted.. not sure why am i getting it in stock wiko rom :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-02-08-25-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-08-25-45.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

alok singh

May 10, 2013
It might be because of invalid imei... I also faced the problem of invalid imei which I solve... U can search on YouTube to solve this problem

xfiarc

Mar 12, 2013
bamuna.com
@alok singh.. I need to check about the invalid imie matter.. Tnx bro

Btw I'm also trying different Roms these days ;) so far I didn't experience any network issues in pure xperia and rombuzz Roms :)

Top Liked Posts