[Q][KERNEL] building external modules

Search This thread

norwat

Oct 21, 2010
Hi

Im running a Wiko Darkside, a clone of Micromax A210 and i've downloaded the source code from wikogeek (FR version) and im trying to compile the RTL8187 driver
Im able to compile the modules with no errors, but i always get unknown symbol error when i try to insmod it

Code:
Unknown symbol kmem_cache_alloc_trace

I think it might have something to do with the kernel config, since theres no /proc/config.gz so im guessing that the .config provided in the source tree is the default one.

this is my build command (from the README file included in the source archive)

Code:
make TARGET_PRODUCT=wiko CFLAGS_MODULE=-fno-pic MTK_ROOT_CUSTOM=../mediatek/custom// CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y -j3 modulee

I've been around this error for a while and still haven't found a way to solve this so any tips on how to solve this ?
Better yet, can i flash the device with a custom/newer/better kernel without losing the data ? If so can you point me to a guide on how to do it ?

Thanks

R

rahilj007

Hi

Im running a Wiko Darkside, a clone of Micromax A210 and i've downloaded the source code from wikogeek (FR version) and im trying to compile the RTL8187 driver
Im able to compile the modules with no errors, but i always get unknown symbol error when i try to insmod it

Code:
Unknown symbol kmem_cache_alloc_trace

I think it might have something to do with the kernel config, since theres no /proc/config.gz so im guessing that the .config provided in the source tree is the default one.

this is my build command (from the README file included in the source archive)

Code:
make TARGET_PRODUCT=wiko CFLAGS_MODULE=-fno-pic MTK_ROOT_CUSTOM=../mediatek/custom// CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y -j3 modulee

I've been around this error for a while and still haven't found a way to solve this so any tips on how to solve this ?
Better yet, can i flash the device with a custom/newer/better kernel without losing the data ? If so can you point me to a guide on how to do it ?

Thanks

wiko darkside is not a clone of c4 wiko stairway is the clone & u can contact varun chitre
n these link may help you
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467400
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2596271