FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q]Getting Error In installing cwm recovery from fastboot!

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

Post Reply Email Thread
I want to install cwm recovery in my canvas a1 for backup my current rom android 4.4.4.
I m going to install lollipop 5.1 I heard about some bug in lollipop so for my safety i want a backup.
I used minimal adb and fastboot for installing cwm.
But when i type the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
End hit enter
Then it show a error.
"Failed (remote download for partition 'recovery' is not allowed'
What should i do now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430073058406.jpg
Views:	5748
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	3283279  
The Following User Says Thank You to MaxySpark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaxySpark Ad-Free

27th April 2015, 08:54 AM |#2  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 13

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...click-t3030165

Go to this thread and follow the simple instructions...dnt go through such command prompts..when an easy way is available hit thanks if i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to techyrohit1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift techyrohit1 Ad-Free
27th April 2015, 12:58 PM |#3  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,377

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxySpark

I want to install cwm recovery in my canvas a1 for backup my current rom android 4.4.4.
I m going to install lollipop 5.1 I heard about some bug in lollipop so for my safety i want a backup.
End hit enter
Then it show a error.
What should i do now?

Before flashing CWM recovery, you have to unlock the boot loader, using the command:
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
Then press Volume Up in phone to confirm.

Now you can flash.

Note: Unlocking bootloader formats the User data (/data partition), such as apps and other settings. Take a backup using Titanium Backup Tools, then proceed
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GokulNC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GokulNC Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 02:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Your recovery partition is locked.
1. Make yourself a developer (go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build until developer
2. In Developer options turn on Enable OEM unlock
3. Flash the new recovery, don forget to "fastboot oem unlock"
4. Important: don't allow phone to complete a normal reboot after flash. When rebooting, press Vol Up + Vol Down + Power to enter CWM recovery directly. Otherwise the stock recovery will replace CWM again.
The Following User Says Thank You to begem0t For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift begem0t Ad-Free
20th January 2016, 03:18 AM |#5  
Flag Tel Aviv-Yafo
Thanks Meter: 7

More
When I type the command "fastboot oem unlock" and press enter, my phone displays a long-ish disclaimer text about the dangers of unlocking the bootloader, ending with the instruction to use Volume Up key to confirm ("YES, unlock...") or the Volume Down key to cancel ("NO, don't unlock..."). Pressing Volume Down works as expected: the line "returning to fastboot in 3secs" is displayed, followed by a return to fastboot. But pressing Volume UP seems to have NO EFFECT at all!! NOthing highlighted, no change in the screen, pressing power afterward does nothing. It is not a hardware problem of the Volume Up button either -- Volume Up/Down keys work in normal apps and in recovery mode just fine.

I was hoping that perhaps it just silently succeeded, but when i next try to flash the CWM recovery img, I still get 'sending recovery' OKAY but 'writing recovery' FAILED??

what do I do to get the volume UP to work while the phone in this mode??

BTW the phone is a Rook 4G phone from EE here in the UK. This is apparently the same as a ZTE Blade 3 A410 phone with carrier branding.

THANKS in advance for any help!
20th February 2016, 10:58 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpetrack

When I type the command "fastboot oem unlock" and press enter, my phone displays a long-ish disclaimer text about the dangers of unlocking the bootloader, ending with the instruction to use Volume Up key to confirm ("YES, unlock...") or the Volume Down key to cancel ("NO, don't unlock..."). Pressing Volume Down works as expected: the line "returning to fastboot in 3secs" is displayed, followed by a return to fastboot. But pressing Volume UP seems to have NO EFFECT at all!! NOthing highlighted, no change in the screen, pressing power afterward does nothing. It is not a hardware problem of the Volume Up button either -- Volume Up/Down keys work in normal apps and in recovery mode just fine.

I was hoping that perhaps it just silently succeeded, but when i next try to flash the CWM recovery img, I still get 'sending recovery' OKAY but 'writing recovery' FAILED??

what do I do to get the volume UP to work while the phone in this mode??

BTW the phone is a Rook 4G phone from EE here in the UK. This is apparently the same as a ZTE Blade 3 A410 phone with carrier branding.

THANKS in advance for any help!

Hi, I have exactly the same situation!
No effect on Volume UP. I can't understand...
20th February 2016, 09:28 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2800

Hi, I have exactly the same situation!
No effect on Volume UP. I can't understand...

Absolutely identical experience here with the Alcatel One Touch Pop 3 - 5015x. I was following this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...2/post65430049, had a problem with the OEM, solved it by finding the top post on THIS thread and now I have the exact same issue as you two gentlemen. Any help would be appreciated, cus the phone seems bricked as it is. It's stuck in boot loop and receiving no input.
22nd February 2016, 07:26 PM |#8  
Flag Tel Aviv-Yafo

More
Thi is NOT the exact same issue as we have: you are stuck in a boot-loop; we have a version of fastboot which seems to have disabled the volumeUp button, thereby making it impossible to confirm our request to unlock the bootloader. e can only press VolumeDown (which cancels our request to unlock the bootloader).

i posted at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=48 a suggestion for how to proceed in your case: just use SP Flash tools to reinstall a stock recovery image, and then use that recovery to install a complete stock ROM.

,BTW, Sir, when you say:
> ...with the Alcatel One Touch Pop 3 - 5015x. I ... had a problem with the OEM, solved it by finding the top post on THIS thread
note that the solution given in the top post of this thread is designed for Android One devices, and your Alcatel One Touch does NOT appear in the list of supported devices for that "fix." can't say it's entirely surprising that you would get into a bootloader problem if you apply top your phone a bootloader unlock solution for some random other platform!! LUck would not likely be with you when doing that.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbpetrack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbpetrack Ad-Free
23rd February 2016, 08:33 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta274

Absolutely identical experience here with the Alcatel One Touch Pop 3 - 5015x. I was following this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...2/post65430049, had a problem with the OEM, solved it by finding the top post on THIS thread and now I have the exact same issue as you two gentlemen. Any help would be appreciated, cus the phone seems bricked as it is. It's stuck in boot loop and receiving no input.

I can't understand why volume down is working fine and not volume UP...
24th February 2016, 04:33 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta274

Go in bootloader mode, connect your phone to your computer and tell me what do you get if you tape in your console "fastboot devices"
I want to know the number before fastboot.. mine is strange and maybe not the original
15th March 2016, 05:56 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxySpark

End hit enter
Then it show a error.
What should i do now?

That is also my problem with my phone!

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokulNC

Before flashing CWM recovery, you have to unlock the boot loader, using the command:

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
Then press Volume Up in phone to confirm.

Now you can flash.

Note: Unlocking bootloader formats the User data (/data partition), such as apps and other settings. Take a backup using Titanium Backup Tools, then proceed

Hi, I had done that fastboot oem unlock command and pressed Volume Up but nothing happened and my bootloader still locked could you help? Thanks, my phone is Starmobile UP HD MTK6582
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)