[ROOT] Rooting the Micromax Canvas A1 (Android One) [UPDATED]

Search This thread

abare

Jun 22, 2015
rooted but no use

I rooted my phone with king root and got king user
I also checked it with root checker and it says my phone is rooted.
BUT i can't uninstall the pre installed apps and i cant use certain root apps like xmod
Please help

GokulNC

Jan 10, 2015
Chennai
github.com
BUT i can't uninstall the pre installed apps and i cant use certain root apps like xmod
Please help

Use this app to uninstall: System App Remover

Xmod was working for my friend.
Make sure you installed the mod needed for that game (from 'Mods' tab) and update the game to latest version.

pankajsamant81

Jul 18, 2015
How to root Micromax bolt A36 without Pc

Please someone tell me a method to root Micromax bolt a36 without Pc. I do not have pc & tried kingroot iroot baiduroot root master apps but my phone not rooted.Please tell me a method to root my phone without pc.

sivahariprasad

Nov 8, 2014
Please help

don't worry install super-sume apk(play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=darkslide.com.supersume&hl=en[/url]) and then this program will remove all of the Kingroot applications and associated binaries and install SuperSU and allow you to update the su binary therefore you can uninstall any system apps using root apps which are available on google play :angel::angel::angel::angel:

Chinmayp729

Sep 10, 2014
I have unlocked my bootloder using all in one software successfully and install philz recovery n tried to flash supersu in flashed successfully but after reboot i got an error saying your su binary needs to update when i click on update it simply goes in recovery mode n do nothing...
Plz help me..
I want to root using supersu only..

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using XDA Free mobile app

GokulNC

Jan 10, 2015
Chennai
github.com
I have unlocked my bootloder using all in one software successfully and install philz recovery n tried to flash supersu in flashed successfully but after reboot i got an error saying your su binary needs to update when i click on update it simply goes in recovery mode n do nothing...
Plz help me..
I want to root using supersu only..

When asking for 'Update SU Binary', use 'Normal Mode' option instead of 'Custom Recovery mode/TWRP/CWM'

Chinmayp729

Sep 10, 2014
I tried normal mode too but it doesn't work. It says installation failed. I also tried updating super su from play store but is not worked..
Plz help..

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Check this screenshot

Chinmayp729

Sep 10, 2014
I tried normal mode too but it doesn't work. It says installation failed. I also tried updating super su from play store but is not worked..
Plz help..

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Check this screenshot

gd5121995

Feb 8, 2016
Root Canvas A1

My device is switched off and it's not switching on , so I need to know , if there is any possible way of rooting the device while it is switched off..... please reply fast....

NikkyAnkur

Mar 31, 2017
micromax canvas A1 is to hard to root

hey guys
i have tried every method and every app to root canvas A1
their is an error message coming that your phone is toooo hard to root
so please me in rooting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you actually tried this on an Android One device ?

All I get is this Green spinning circle in the center for KingRoot on my MMX A1.
    All the exploits in Framaroot also fail.

On another note , this is not your standard run of the mill MTK 6582 device.
    It does not have a preloader and so cannot be flashed or dumped using SPFlash tool.

The bootloader can be unlocked as follows :
    Get into fast boot mode by pressing volume up and power at the same time while the phone is switched off.
    Then use the volume up button to navigate to fastboot mode and volume down to select.
    The following command unlocks the bootloader :
    fastboot oem unlock

But make sure you format cache and userdata after doing that otherwise you will get stuck on the boot animation.
    fastboot format cache
    fastboot format userdata

The recovery is also non existent as you get a fallen robot with some chinese text under it.

I've attached a screen of the partition table according to mtk droid tools.

I have tried all possible methods to root this phone but have been unable to do so.
    Hey Guys!!
    iBlaziner786 here with another post on How to Root your Android One Smartphone Easily and Quickly.

This method will work on Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream Uno, Karbonn Sparkle V (Same Hardware)

Requirements: Micromax Canvas A1 (Any Android One Smartphone)
    Framaroot.apk (Attached Below)
    KingRoot.apk (Attached Below) [Any one]
    Brain :p

It will Void your Warranty. Iam not responsible for Bricked devices and thermo nuclear wars. If you point at me ill just Laugh at you!! :laugh:

Do it at your Own Risk!!

Method 1

•Install KingoRoot as Normal apk.
    •Open
    •Press Green Button
    •Then Press Blue Button
    •Last Step to Reboot the Device.

yeah!!! rooted successfully!!

Method 2

Install Framaroot as Normal apk.
    •Open
    •Press Install SuperSu button,
    •You'll Recieve a Message Succesfully Rooted
    •Last Step to Reboot the Device.

Voilaa!! Sucessfully Rooted your Micromax Canvas A1!! Enjoy :cool:
    Hey Guys!!
    iBlaziner786 here with another post on How to Root your Android One Smartphone Easily and Quickly.

This method will work on Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream Uno, Karbonn Sparkle V (Same Hardware)

Requirements: Micromax Canvas A1 (Any Android One Smartphone)
    Framaroot.apk (Attached Below)
    Brain :p

This did not work on my A1. I tried all the 3 exploits but they failed.
    Can anyone dump the recovery.img of this phone and it's partition table?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    Well it worked for some guys. Good to see you here k2wl!!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-de...-spice-dream-unomay-android1-devices-t2881845

this is a some info you were looking for.

still no root.
    when i got root. i will post more info.
    i have got the system dump but cant upload it as too big and net connection is bad.

@joshuab227
    looks like we both found fastboot unlock same time. :)