[MOD] Extend Phone Storage Micromax Canvas Turbo A250

Search This thread

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
@FSadino - Hi! I BADLY need this for my tablet, but it's running an Octa core MTK 8392 chipset. Device has 16gb memory, but around 2gb for system and data, the rest on USB. I have used the mod found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2455850 to extend my internal memory to around 10gb and USB to a little over 2, but Titanium Backup always throws an "insufficient storage" error when I try to make any backup. Your mod seems to directly affect data partition and is different to the mod I posted correct? Would you mind having a look at the EBR files I posted? I have attached the stock ones, and the modded ones from the other thread that I used to extend the internal memory (currently using these).

Ideally I want around 2gb for system, at least 7gb for data, and the rest for media. Is this possible to achieve?

Thanks so much!

nash.elsie

Apr 10, 2016
New Delhi
Hi I am trying to upload the 4GB EBR files on my MMX Turbo A250. I tried with the old version of SP tool, howevr it stuck at the download page, the bar did not move, no green ring...nothing. I tried doing with the new version of SP tool as well, nothing happened. I waited for more than 10 mins...but nothing...please help...

nk26xl

Nov 4, 2016
Worked fine initially, but not 3Gb doesn't add up

I tried extending internal storage to 3GB, thanks to you it worker like a charm! Initially it worked fine and total space of internal storage was equal to sum of available space, app content and cached data but after few weeks i noticed that my phone was showing available space quite less than actually available space. Please see the attached screenshots. Thanks you!
*EDIT 1* finally found what the problem is. Android creates a folder in data folder in root directory with name "core". this folder contain zip files(>1GB) which doesn't have any purpose. After removing them space was recovered!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-07-16-17-26.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-07-16-17-26.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_2016-12-07-16-31-51.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-07-16-31-51.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_2016-12-07-16-32-04.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-07-16-32-04.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

ssachin1612

Dec 28, 2016
is it necessary to flash it with default micromax stock rom in the phone...as i have

is it necessary to flash it with default micromax stock rom in the phone...as i have installed cyanogenmod 11, can i directly flash it ???:eek::eek::confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY
    This Will Extend your Device's /data partition (Phone Storage) from 1 GB to 1.5GB, 2GB, 2.5GB, 3GB, 3.5GB or 4GB
    This will make your Internal Storage smaller

Default : 0.98GB Phone Storage -- 12.46GB Internal Card

1.5GB Patch : 1.48GB Phone Storage -- 11.96GB Internal Card

2GB Patch : 1.97GB Phone Storage -- 11.46GB Internal Card

2.5GB Patch : 2.46GB Phone Storage -- 10.96GB Internal Card

3GB Patch : 2.95GB Phone Storage -- 10.46GB Internal Card

3.5GB Patch : 3.45GB Phone Storage -- 9.96GB Internal Card

4GB Patch : 3.94GB Phone Storage -- 9.46GB Internal Card

Things Needed
    S.P. Flash Tools
    EBR1 & EBR2 Files
    Scatter File
    A250 Canvas Turbo
    Data Cable
    PC

Make Sure you have backed Up your data and system
    Back Up Everything From Internal SD to your Computer, Internal SD will be formatted In this Procedure

Reboot Into Recovery
    Wipe Data only
    Now switch the mobile off

Open S.P. Flash Tools Load Scatter File

image.jpg

Select Only EBR1 And EBR2

image.jpg

Now Select Modded EBR Files

image.jpg

3_Copy.jpg

Recheck The Selected EBR FILES

image.jpg

Go to Options>DA Download All>Speed>Force To High Speed

image.jpg

Click On Download

image.jpg

Ignore the Warning (Press Yes)

image.jpg

PLUG IN THE PHONE NOW
    WAIT FOR THE GREEN CIRCLE

ITS DONE NOW
    It Should Take 10-20 Seconds

Now Open Recovery
    Wipe Data cache again
    and restore Only Data

Boot Up the Phone And Format corrupted Internal SD
    And You Are Done

Press Thanks If This Post Helped You :D:good::good:
    With the Micromax Stock Rom Scatter File, I sucessfull flashed the EBR files but the internal card became corrupt and could not format it in any way.

i have a backup from my rom (Purexperia Z2) and now i will flash the Purexperia again with your EBR files in it and then restore my data from backup. hope it works

feedback coming soon

Edit: I just remembered that I can not include the EBR files in the Purexperia Z2 rom because this can only be flashed by CWM. I will flash Micromax Stock rom with your EBR files.

Edit2: Unlucky, i flashed Micromax stock rom with your EBR files in it but everytime e reboot the phone it says invalid SD card and i have to format it. Any ideas?

There is some problem with EBR files solving soon !!!! till then try this one updated the thread

Edit: All files have been replaced and checked by me ... working perfectly !!!! Press thanks :)
    I get this error on my darkfull

Select Micromax Stock Rom Scatter File and not the darkfull one !!!
    Press Thanks :good:
    Hello Nrupesh.

Kindly also provide the ebr files for 1.5GB / 2GB if possible.

thanks.

Added 1.5GB 2GB 2.5GB 3.5GB EBR files .... :good:;)

NOTE:- I have not tested the new files ... as i m out plz check them and tell if everything is ok
    Select Micromax Stock Rom Scatter File and not the darkfull one !!!
    Press Thanks :good:

With the Micromax Stock Rom Scatter File, I sucessfull flashed the EBR files but the internal card became corrupt and could not format it in any way.

i have a backup from my rom (Purexperia Z2) and now i will flash the Purexperia again with your EBR files in it and then restore my data from backup. hope it works

feedback coming soon

Edit: I just remembered that I can not include the EBR files in the Purexperia Z2 rom because this can only be flashed by CWM. I will flash Micromax Stock rom with your EBR files.

Edit2: Unlucky, i flashed Micromax stock rom with your EBR files in it but everytime e reboot the phone it says invalid SD card and i have to format it. Any ideas?