Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2016, 05:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreesha.Murthy

Cloud platform m8 :wink:

-ThugLife™✌

Thanks m8. I've never built before but feel comfortable with all the commands and everything. Just one last question, if I want to build for the Sprint LG G3 ls990, I'd have to use the device tree and everything device specific from CM for ls990 (or any other that has all device specific things) to get it to work on my ls990, correct?

Also, thanks so much for the guide it looks really helpful

17th April 2016, 05:50 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 17,539

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanlgz

Thanks m8. I've never built before but feel comfortable with all the commands and everything. Just one last question, if I want to build for the Sprint LG G3 ls990, I'd have to use the device tree and everything device specific from CM for ls990 (or any other that has all device specific things) to get it to work on my ls990, correct?

Also, thanks so much for the guide it looks really helpful

Yes, you can use the device trees from CM. Do it...
17th April 2016, 08:17 PM |#13  

More
Trying to build
I use the guide link posted at the end however when trying to run the commands I get these errors:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg ccache lzop flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zli
b1g-dev zlib1g-dev:i386 libc6-dev lib32ncurses5 lib32z1 lib32bz2-1.0 lib32ncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-
dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos pyt
hon-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc readline-common libreadline6-dev libreadline6 lib32readline-gplv2-dev libncu
rses5-dev lib32readline5 lib32readline6 libreadline-dev libreadline6-dev:i386 libreadline6:i386 bzip2 libbz2-dev
libbz2-1.0 libghc-bzlib-dev lib32bz2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev squashfs-tools pngcrush schedtool libwxgtk2.
8-dev python
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'lib32z1-dev' instead of 'lib32z-dev'
E: Unable to locate package zlib1g-dev
E: Unable to locate package libx11-dev
E: Unable to locate package libreadline6-dev
E: Unable to locate package libgl1-mesa-glx
E: Unable to locate package libreadline6
[email protected]:~# sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so’: No such file or directory

Have followed instructions perfectly so far
17th April 2016, 08:19 PM |#14  
Recognized Developer/Contributor
Flag 127.1.1.0
Thanks Meter: 6,897

More
Quote:

Trying to build
I use the guide link posted at the end however when trying to run the commands I get these errors:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg ccache lzop flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zli
b1g-dev zlib1g-dev:i386 libc6-dev lib32ncurses5 lib32z1 lib32bz2-1.0 lib32ncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-
dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos pyt
hon-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc readline-common libreadline6-dev libreadline6 lib32readline-gplv2-dev libncu
rses5-dev lib32readline5 lib32readline6 libreadline-dev libreadline6-dev:i386 libreadline6:i386 bzip2 libbz2-dev
libbz2-1.0 libghc-bzlib-dev lib32bz2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev squashfs-tools pngcrush schedtool libwxgtk2.
8-dev python
Building dependency tree
[email protected]:~# sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so’: No such file or directory

Well, those guides are pretty outdated for now. Scroll up or see the 3rd post where I've mentioned about the script. It's automatic and saves you from headache

-ThugLife™✌
17th April 2016, 08:41 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreesha.Murthy

Well, those guides are pretty outdated for now. Scroll up or see the 3rd post where I've mentioned about the script. It's automatic and saves you from headache

-ThugLife™✌

alright m8 thanks so much! that sets up the whole build environment right? after running script i can just start builds?
17th April 2016, 08:42 PM |#16  
Recognized Developer/Contributor
Flag 127.1.1.0
Thanks Meter: 6,897

More
Quote:

alright m8 thanks so much! that sets up the whole build environment right? after running script i can just start builds?

Yeah, you just need to sync the ROM source you're trying to build+ device trees and make it compatible for the ROM and you're good to go

-ThugLife™✌
18th April 2016, 05:38 AM |#17  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Trying to build
8-dev python
Building dependency tree

This has been answered in that thread. If you see closely, you'll find out that the packages that are showing error have :i386 in their name. Remove :i386 from their names and you should be good to go.

Or use the scripts that @Shreesha.Murthy has linked

Nitin
The Following User Says Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
20th April 2016, 08:43 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
thanks for guiding.....
now i am try to make a rom for my device
The Following User Says Thank You to hijibiji For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hijibiji Ad-Free
20th April 2016, 04:56 PM |#19  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5,694

Donate to Me
More
@nitin.chobhe - Nice work!
The Following User Says Thank You to aniket.lamba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aniket.lamba Ad-Free
20th April 2016, 06:37 PM |#20  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Luedenscheid
Thanks Meter: 2,844

Donate to Me
More
What should be noted that in european countries it seems to only work for people who have a buisiness, at least as per Tos u can't choose and/or use as private person, but most of us have decent internet and power supply and a good enough pc.
Just a note for those who may wonder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevinjoa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kevinjoa Ad-Free
20th April 2016, 07:36 PM |#21  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinjoa

What should be noted that in european countries it seems to only work for people who have a buisiness, at least as per Tos u can't choose and/or use as private person, but most of us have decent internet and power supply and a good enough pc.
Just a note for those who may wonder.

Is it like that?

Can someone else confirm this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, from source, guide, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)