20th April 2016, 08:36 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 18,568

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinjoa

What should be noted that in european countries it seems to only work for people who have a buisiness, at least as per Tos u can't choose and/or use as private person, but most of us have decent internet and power supply and a good enough pc.
Just a note for those who may wonder.

Is it like that?

Can someone else confirm this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
20th April 2016, 09:39 PM |#22  
Flag Apeldoorn
Thanks Meter: 481

More
This is so cool. Thank you for this guide. SSD storage. If you would continue to use it after the two month how much would you have to pay for it?
20th April 2016, 11:13 PM |#23  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 868

Donate to Me
More
Ok I compile a rom but now how I can download it ?
20th April 2016, 11:36 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 523

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Vangreen

You can use scp, for example winscp if you are using windows, or you can upload a rom to some cloud service
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piskor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift piskor Ad-Free
20th April 2016, 11:41 PM |#25  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 868

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskor

You can use scp, for example winscp if you are using windows, or you can upload a rom to some cloud service

I use linux. Can you tell me how to uploud to cloud services via trminal?
20th April 2016, 11:53 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 523

More
Quote:

I think its impossible to upload it to cloud service using terminal. You should have installed web browser or app for cloud you use for folder synchronization.
Maybe i'm wrong.
Use scp to download it to your linux machine.
21st April 2016, 01:47 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I have been doing this for quite a while now. I highly recommend you use a dedicated ssh client, and not the browser one. Using a remote file browser (Winscp for Windows, or many Linux file managers can connect without extra software) can help a lot too. Get familiar with nano for simple file edits, it saves a lot of time. Also, if you're using Google Cloud Platform, like this guide suggests, use preemptible vm to save money. It almost never preempts, and is way cheaper than a normal VM. Last tip, use screen to allow disconnecting SSH without stopping what you're doing, and nohup can be useful too.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote:

I think its impossible to upload it to cloud service using terminal. You should have installed web browser or app for cloud you use for folder synchronization.
Maybe i'm wrong.

SCP can work from computer to server as well as server to computer

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.chobhe

Is it like that?

Can someone elder confirm this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

If Google cloud doesn't work out for you guys, there are MANY other VPS services. The big three are Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure. I like Azure a lot, you can try that out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zowpow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zowpow Ad-Free
21st April 2016, 03:12 AM |#28  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Does azure have a Ubuntu vm's?
21st April 2016, 04:07 AM |#29  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 18,568

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet X

This is so cool. Thank you for this guide. SSD storage. If you would continue to use it after the two month how much would you have to pay for it?

It totally depends on your usage. You'll get an idea while you are using the Free trial for 60 365 days

Quote:

Wow, that was fast... Once you are done with the compilation, go to out/target/product/<device name> folder and from there you can upload it to ftp server (like basketbuild, AFH etc). You'll need to create account on one of the sites and request access for ftp (this is not a big deal, just a request/ email and you get it).

Quote:

What do you mean by cloud service? Server like AFH or basketbuild?

Quote:

Maybe i'm wrong.

If he is talking about uploading ROM so that others (or even he) can download it, then it is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowpow

I have been doing this for quite a while now. I highly recommend you use a dedicated ssh client, and not the browser one. Using a remote file browser (Winscp for Windows, or many Linux file managers can connect without extra software) can help a lot too. Get familiar with nano for simple file edits, it saves a lot of time. Also, if you're using Google Cloud Platform, like this guide suggests, use preemptible vm to save money. It almost never preempts, and is way cheaper than a normal VM. Last tip, use screen to allow disconnecting SSH without stopping what you're doing, and nohup can be useful too.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

SCP can work from computer to server as well as server to computer

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

If Google cloud doesn't work out for you guys, there are MANY other VPS services. The big three are Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure. I like Azure a lot, you can try that out.

Thanks for stopping by and adding more information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machetie

Yes, they do have!

Nitin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
21st April 2016, 04:17 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by machetie

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to zowpow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zowpow Ad-Free
21st April 2016, 10:27 AM |#31  
Flag DELHI
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Hey Brother @nitin.chobhe . I understood this guide...i didnt get where will my cm sources store or after build where will my rom store....because this is only a terminal in a browser tab after click on ssh a new browser tab will open..then after addding commands...
i m new in this sever things i m tottally confused..so ...explain me bro...i ll thankful to u

Sorrry for my bad english
The Following User Says Thank You to shyvam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shyvam Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, from source, guide, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)