FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][COMPLETE]How to build ROM with Microsoft Azure Server!

3,022 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,110
 
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2017, 09:22 PM |#11  
Albe96's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96
Thanks Meter: 4,110
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furkhan67

Nice bro

Luv u

Regards,
Life from Tg

Got ya.Thanks
30th July 2017, 05:20 AM |#12  
prashantp01's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,274
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe96



What is Azure?

Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of integrated cloud services that developers and IT professionals use to build, deploy, and manage applications through our global network of datacenters. With Azure, you get the freedom to build and deploy wherever you want, using the tools, applications, and frameworks of your choice.

Who this tutorial is for?

This tutorial is for those who want to build a custom ROM from source, but are unable to do that because of following reasons:
1. Low Network Speed.
2. Limited Bandwidth.
3. Lack Of Money.

Part – I

Create And Activate Free Trial Account On Microsoft

1. Go to This Page.

Azure Page

Create Account

Create Account


2.In The Menu Panel Select "Storage Accounts"-->Create A New Storage Account.
Create Storage Account



PART-I.II

Creating VM

1.Select "+" Icon From The Menu Panel-->Compute-->Select Your VM(Use Ubuntu 14.04)
Create VM


2. Select Project Model As "Classic"
Development Model Type


3. Give Information To Your VM.
Basics


4. Select VM Specs Under Your Free Credits.


5.Then Process To Next Steps.The VM Will Start Deploying.Deploing May Take Upto 5-10 Min.

Wow what a great guide😍😍😍😍😍
Its really a great guide for noobs😊
Cheers!πŸ˜‹
31st July 2017, 08:11 PM |#13  
D1stRU3T0R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,648
 
More
Don't wanna be bad, but damn, no free and only 1 core? Even if is from a ryzen or fx 9 core, damn, that isn't really enough... This case compile on your phone at overnight πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ guys, at these money you buy a cheap ryzen or an fx and you're good to go (don't recommend intel for building stuffs)
31st July 2017, 08:15 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
@Albe96 - You can skip all of the first step and just deploy the below Azure Resource Manager templates. that just ask for few inputs such as username/password, ssh key Just click the "Deploy to Azure" button below to deploy the template on the below linked page into your Azure subscription.

Note: You also want to avoid the "Classic" deployment model as that's the older Azure stack

Ubuntu 14.04 with SSH Key
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/re...101-vm-sshkey/
https://img.xda-cdn.com/wPO9a40ODSILgchapRg56b_BAvQ=/http%3A%2F%2Fazuredeploy.net%2Fdeploybutton.png

Ubuntu 14 or 16 with password
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/re...-simple-linux/
https://img.xda-cdn.com/wPO9a40ODSILgchapRg56b_BAvQ=/http%3A%2F%2Fazuredeploy.net%2Fdeploybutton.png
The Following User Says Thank You to StDevious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StDevious Ad-Free
31st July 2017, 08:23 PM |#15  
Mr.Ak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *RESTRICTED AREA*
Thanks Meter: 1,970
 
Donate to Me
More
1. Low Network Speed.
2. Limited Bandwidth.
3. Lack Of Money.
- Thug Life :P
Thanks for the great guide though,will help a lot!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1stRU3T0R

Don't wanna be bad, but damn, no free and only 1 core? Even if is from a ryzen or fx 9 core, damn, that isn't really enough... This case compile on your phone at overnight guys, at these money you buy a cheap ryzen or an fx and you're good to go (don't recommend intel for building stuffs)

What you were expecting then?
31st July 2017, 08:29 PM |#16  
shubhambhise's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,532
 
Donate to Me
More
A proper guide for those who are willing to contribute towards android development but due to lack of money and low networking speed/limited bandwidth, couldn't do so.

Nice guide mate. Appreciate your work
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhambhise For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shubhambhise Ad-Free
31st July 2017, 08:33 PM |#17  
D1stRU3T0R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,648
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ak

1. Low Network Speed.
2. Limited Bandwidth.
3. Lack Of Money.
- Thug Life :P
Thanks for the great guide though,will help a lot!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------



What you were expecting then?

1. I live in a poor country(romania) , and i have a bad internet, avr 30 ping everywhere, 15mb/s download and even upload... What good internet do you expect man?
2. Ah, cmon, limited bandwidth on normal internet, where i can find that? Even on phone we ALL got now 20gb free every months for 3 months, even with 5eu/month
3. That can be a problem, but if you work somewhere as a student or child, in these 2 months, vacation, you can afford a good cpu upgrade (if you don't want another mobo/ram etc)

As i seen, you need to pay for these vm... You can better make economy for a cpu upgrade, possibly to an amd one
31st July 2017, 08:40 PM |#18  
Albe96's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96
Thanks Meter: 4,110
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StDevious

@Albe96 - You can skip all of the first step and just deploy the below Azure Resource Manager templates. that just ask for few inputs such as username/password, ssh key Just click the "Deploy to Azure" button below to deploy the template on the below linked page into your Azure subscription.

Note: You also want to avoid the "Classic" deployment model as that's the older Azure stack

Ubuntu 14.04 with SSH Key
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/re...101-vm-sshkey/



Ubuntu 14 or 16 with password
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/re...-simple-linux/
https://img.xda-cdn.com/wPO9a40ODSILgchapRg56b_BAvQ=/http%3A%2F%2Fazuredeploy.net%2Fdeploybutton.png

You mean,we don't have to create a virtual machine? I don't think rhat firectly doing that is non-payable.better to do all things manually,no need to be advanced! All peoples ain't smart like us.
31st July 2017, 08:42 PM |#19  
Albe96's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96
Thanks Meter: 4,110
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhambhise

A proper guide for those who are willing to contribute towards android development but due to lack of money and low networking speed/limited bandwidth, couldn't do so.

Nice guide mate. Appreciate your work

You're all welcome! Go ahed for developing new things and be famous. . . and learn more things so they could be useful one time. I LOVE XDA! I WOULD LIKE TO STAY HERE FOREVER
The Following User Says Thank You to Albe96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albe96 Ad-Free
31st July 2017, 09:05 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe96

You mean,we don't have to create a virtual machine? I don't think rhat firectly doing that is non-payable.better to do all things manually,no need to be advanced! All peoples ain't smart like us.

No, I mean this still creates a VM and all it's dependent resources but this avoids a beginner going astray in following the steps This minimizes the steps to entering two values and gives the same end result
31st July 2017, 09:12 PM |#21  
Albe96's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96
Thanks Meter: 4,110
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StDevious

No, I mean this still creates a VM and all it's dependent resources but this avoids a beginner going astray in following the steps This minimizes the steps to entering two values and gives the same end result

All is same though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes