FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][COMPLETE]How to build ROM with Microsoft Azure Server!

3,022 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,110

Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2018, 08:48 PM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabu

But I'm a bit confused out of Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud Platform/Microsoft Azure which should I consider?

It should be free and stand with me for atleast 6 months for ROM building untill I buy new build.
Ps: I'm running on money and have a low end PC

Somebody help ;_;

I recommend you to go with Google Cloud Platform.They give the best service as much they can do.Also Microsoft Azure is pretty compatitive.I don't really like Amazon Services much..
4th February 2019, 04:35 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
How I create a free account in Microsoft Azure as it is asking for card details as 'Identification via card' and don't own and there is no option to skip .
5th February 2019, 06:06 PM |#73  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Kumar R

How I create a free account in Microsoft Azure as it is asking for card details as 'Identification via card' and don't own and there is no option to skip .

Credit Card details are mandatory.You can't skip it.It'll only take 2 rupees for Indians.No other ways without it.But if you need you can pm me in Telegram(ID: @Albe96).I've got a server provider,his pricing rate is 450rs/month.
7th February 2019, 05:06 PM |#74  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cuttack
Thanks Meter: 991

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe96

Credit Card details are mandatory.You can't skip it.It'll only take 2 rupees for Indians.No other ways without it.But if you need you can pm me in Telegram(ID: @Albe96).I've got a server provider,his pricing rate is 450rs/month.

Legacy server?
7th February 2019, 06:40 PM |#75  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreejoy Dash

Legacy server?

Yup 😂
15th February 2019, 06:17 AM |#76  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 171

Donate to Me
More
Nice Guide
3rd December 2019, 05:41 AM |#77  
Flag pandalam
Thanks Meter: 1,039

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe96

Part-II
How To Open A Terminal?
1. You Will Be Need A PC Application Called "Putty" Which Is An SSH-Cilent For Windows.So Download It From Here.Then Open It Up.It'll Look Like This.
Putty Application

2.Now What You Have To Do Is,Go To Azure Portal Dashboard And Look At Your VM.And Click On It.(Here The VM Called HeroVM in Picture)
VM

3.After Clicking To Your VM.You'll Get Some Informations Of Your VM Like This->

VM Description

4.Look At My DNS Name Above It Called "albe96-ubuntu.cloud.net".You Have To Add Your DNS Name In The "Hostname(IP Address)" Field In Putty.Or You Can Add The Virtual IP Address Which Is Mentioned In The Same Description Of Your VM.

5.Then Click Open.It'll Open A Terminal.And Ask You For ID And PassWord.
•Write The ID And The Password You've Set To VM While Creating It.

6.Almost You're Done.

Part-II.I
"OMG Help Me,I Was Syncing A Rom Source,But It Says No More Space.Why Is It Happening?I've Set XYZ GB Disk.Then Why?
Hell Yeah.You're Syncing The ROM Source In Home Folder Which Is Only 30 GB.So To Do All The Jobs,Just Go To /mnt Folder using "cd /mnt" (The /mnt Folder Is The Disk You've Choosed).And The Most Important Thing Is-->You've To Be SuperUser To Access To That Folder(/mnt).So Always Type "sudo su" Before Doing Anything.

● You're Finally Done.Congratulations! Enjoy And Build ROM Happily

instead of sudo su you can do sudo chown -R 1000:1000 and run the server as a normal user
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)