[GUIDE][HOW TO BUILD ANDROID WITH FEDORA 29 and 30] Complete for NOOBS!

Search This thread
OR ,How did I end up with a 'Cloud in a Box' for the same cost as a new high end laptop or desktop ?
OR why I use Fedora Server instead of Ubuntu ?
OR how did I decide to Host a server for Developers ?
( because its much faster )
Along the way of becoming a "senior member" on XDA ( I am 51 yrs old by the way ), I asked a lot of questions of developers.
I was interested in rooting my samsung galaxy note 4,(910v) 2 things happened about the same time.
When it upgraded to 6.01, Verizon locked the bootloader , and Cynanogenmod went belly up.
So after 2 years of watching and waiting for a bootloader unlock, reading forums, and lineageos14 came out and thanks to this thread
https://xdaforums.com/note-4-verizon/development/howto-bootloader-unlock-upgrade-to-t3398144
and to these Devs !
ryanbg, @beaups
I was able to unlock my 910v
and upgrade to Lineageos 14 , Thanks again @hsbadr
https://xdaforums.com/note-4-verizon/development/lineageos-t3557795
After a while I noticed a couple of devs ( @_mone ) and some users asking really good questions as lineageos15 came out ( @ripee )
And more and more I was curious about compiling a build. @_mone kept posting how-to build LineageOS, @ripee kept at it , and after @_mone posted some screenshots of Oreo built on the note 4, @mikey387 built a xda thread, and THE CODE on github, and @_mone did some awesome AICP builds, @ripee took over builds from @mikey387... now were running Pie thanks to people posting code on github !
Meanwhile I had a HP laptop, at the time that cost about $1200 us, but alas, it was an amd64 dual core Athalon and at the time I was experimenting with Linux, because it would BARELY run windows 7.
But LXDE linux (lxle) ran JUST AWESOME. It was a derivative of Ubuntu.
I used to build and compile kernels for FreeBsd for a server I built to replace a router way back in 2001 and 2002, so this truck driver decided to polish up some kernel compile tools on my laptop , I first tried Debian Linux as I was familiar with it back then, while deciding against the current BSD clones, as they didnt have the modern ( today ) hardware support that Debinan did.
OMG Debian was tough. Actually got it running, and tried to compile a kernel ( kernel.org ) using ( https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelBuild ) it took about 18 hours for my amd and all the hardware on the old laptop.
So after several installs ( dozens of versions of linux ) I could not get the handle on my system because the drivers were so buggy. (nvidea)
So, I started with an idea,

I really wanted a high end computer to develop and from my computer building days,
I started looking at ebay for multi-cpu computers, and discovered ,
There is a HUGE amount of used servers pulled from the cloud service companies for sale.
Dual cpu Xeon, Quad cpu Xeon ..
After days and weeks of Ebay, Google, and Amazon, I settled on
Dell r810 Quad Xeon server about $450 delivered
Example : eBay http://bit.ly/DellR810 8x4 cores, multithread 64 core ! 32 GB ram,
Alas the hard drives ( three 10,000 rpm SAS 300gb ) were not enough storage
Back to eBay, 1 tb SCSI 7200 rpm drives, $30 each !
I found out I had a bad scsi hard drive back plane, which is why it probably got surplussed, because drives kept failing,

I got eBay dell r810 back-plane server pull $35
And I kept buying memory 8 sticks of ecc pc-133 server memory, last purchase was 128 gb, for about $300 total
But the hard drive only had 1 port for sata and 6 for SCSI and Sata was version 2 and USB was version 2. Very slow compared even to a modern PC.
This time I went to ALI express ( where I bought my note 4 motherboard )
for : 4 port sata3 controller
5 port USB 3 controller
4 port USB 3.1 controller ( alas wouldn't work because the server is PCIe 2.0 and the 3.1 card was PCIe 3.0 )
I found a deal on a NVME controller from asus ( didnt work because again PCIe3.0 )
I was able to test a 300 gb intel nvme ssd ( all i can say is WOW)

Problems:
This girl makes a constant howl when compiling on hot days,
So i have to engineer a cart, with AC and air filtration built in, because its a dust dust magnet, and a space heater for my office !
The old built in mobo Matrox video card was sLOOOOW ! On a Terminal I think it actually slowed down the compiles !!
Yes i know your supposed to ssh into the server, but after seeing someone
mod a dell r810 server for dual sli videocard on youtube https://youtu.be/IC0_snmK65w Cool !
I decided against his hack, as it only supplies 12 v, and I need both 12 v and 5 v.
So, when I got the back plane, they sent me an extra backplane power cable.

I got my volt meter out, found the grounds, the 12 v, and 5 v, and got the solder gun out,

and wire splitter cables for hard drives, and made another cable to run to the back,

where I could power the eSATAp bracket, the USB 3 5 port, and the 3 internal 1 TB SSD's I got the system booted on.
Currently
Fedora server 29
288 GB,
3 ea 1 TB ssd for booting and compiling Android with about 8 users
5 ea 1 TB scsi 7200 drives in raid 5 3.5 TB logical volume for compile storage and user backups
1 ea 1 TB scsi drive for system images
remote ssh access
web remote management access
fail2ban automatic firewall ssh ban
Whats next ?
Upgrade path for this wonderful workhorse
16 port scsi or two , with the current sata ssd drives availabe for under $89 that are out,
Switch to m2 keys and maybe build replacement backplane for m2 ssd, I think about 30 will fit in the little bay area for 6 there are now.
And put my Sound Blaster live card I found in a scrap heap in !

Credit to XDA for the discovery, the community, the users , developers, and idea shakers !
Please watch my below reserved for the continue of the how to !!
Thanks
triplr

Attachments

• photo_2019-03-27_19-28-57.jpg
    photo_2019-03-27_19-28-57.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 164
  • photo_2019-03-27_19-29-22.jpg
    photo_2019-03-27_19-29-22.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 140
  • photo_2019-03-27_19-29-30.jpg
    photo_2019-03-27_19-29-30.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 135
  • photo_2019-03-27_19-29-38.jpg
    photo_2019-03-27_19-29-38.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 122
  • photo_2019-07-07_22-35-10.jpg
    photo_2019-07-07_22-35-10.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 104
  • photo_2019-07-07_22-35-20.jpg
    photo_2019-07-07_22-35-20.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 89
  • photo_2019-07-07_22-35-31.jpg
    photo_2019-07-07_22-35-31.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 81
  • photo_2019-07-07_22-35-55.jpg
    photo_2019-07-07_22-35-55.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 79
  • photo_2019-07-07_22-36-21.jpg
    photo_2019-07-07_22-36-21.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 81
  • photo_2019-07-07_22-36-30.jpg
    photo_2019-07-07_22-36-30.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 89
  • photo_2019-07-07_22-36-38.jpg
    photo_2019-07-07_22-36-38.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_2019-03-27_21-56-20.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-27_21-56-20.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_2019-03-28_20-52-31.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-28_20-52-31.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Fedora-Server commands transated from ubuntu commands

Here is the most up to date source for the necessary binaries to build android using various flavors of Fedora 28, 29, 30 both server and desktop !

https://github.com/tripLr/fedora_build

This took about 20 hours to individually find each package and dependancy using

dnf find (packagename)
and searching google
(packagename) fedora
(packagename) ubuntu
to find the replacements !

Here is a sample of the commands necessary for Fedora 29 from my github

Code:
#!/bin/bash                      
 # Fedora server command replacement 11-13-2018                       

# Please send comments or updates to triplr.dev@gmail.com or github.com/tripLr                       

# for build environment setup,  google android development                      

# and kernel build environment and most c and java compilers                       

# necessary to build android nougat and  oreo                       

#                        

# below line commands are common to  ubuntu packages for compiling android , listed on                        
# sources                        

#   https://source.android.com/setup/build/initializing                       

#   github.com/ripee https://github.com/ripee/scripts/blob/master/build_environment.sh                       

#   https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/how-to-build-lineageos-14-1-t3551484                        
# Common Ubuntu libraries in one command                       

# apt-get install bc bison build-essential ccache curl flex g++-multilib gcc-multilib git gnupg gperf imagemagick lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-dev lib32z1-dev liblz4-tool libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libssl-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop openjdk-8-jdk pngcrush rsync schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev                        

### ??libxml2-utils??  not found in fedora                        
 # package list for android 9.0 nitrogen builds,                        

#[Forwarded from Kuran Kaname]                       

#Try sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential                       

#zip curl zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-dev-i386                       

#lib32ncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32z-dev ccache                       

#libgl1-mesa-dev libxml2-utils xsltproc unzip                        

# fedora 29 install packages listed below for both 32 bit and 64 bit binaries, libraries and utilities
sudo dnf -y clean metadata                       

# fedora 28 command,  

sudo dnf -y dist-upgrade                       

sudo dnf -y upgrade 

# upgrade all packages                       

# because fedora dependancies are immutable  the following line is optional                         

# sudo dnf -y remove openjdk-* icedtea-* icedtea6-*                       

sudo dnf -y autoremove                        
# fedora packages that replace ubuntu build-essential package                      

sudo dnf -y groupinstall "Development Tools" "Development Libraries"
# fedora 28 gcc-c++ replaces ubuntu  g++-multilib gcc-multilib                       

sudo dnf -y install gcc-c++.* gcc-c++-arm* gcc-c++-x*
# fedora 29 gcc-c++ replaces ubuntu g++-multilib                         

sudo dnf -y install gcc-c++ gcc-c++-arm-linux-gnu gcc-c++-x86_64-linux-gnu                        
  # fedora 29 readline.* installs listed below include both 32 bit (i686) and 64bit (x86-64) replaces ubuntu lib32readline-dev                       

sudo dnf -y install readline.* readline-devel.* readline-static.*

# fedora 29 packages z compression libraries                       

sudo dnf -y install zlib.* zlib-devel.* zlibrary.* zlibrary-devel.*                        

sudo dnf -y install  zlibrary.*                       

sudo dnf -y install  zlibrary-devel.*                       

sudo dnf -y install  lzma*                        

sudo dnf -y install  xz*                        

# fedora 29 packages below repalace ubuntu ncurses-devel ncurses-c++-libs                       

sudo dnf -y install ncurses.* ncurses-devel.* ncurses-*                      

# fedora 29 package ImageMagick replaces ubuntu imagemagic                        

sudo dnf -y install ImageMagick.* ImageMagick-*

# fedora 29 packages SDL and SDL2 replace ubuntu libsdl1.2-dev                         

sudo dnf -y install  SDL* SDL-* SDL2*

# fedora 29 package openssl and openssl-libs replace ubuntu libssl-dev
sudo dnf -y install openssl* openssl-*

# fedora 29 package gtk3 replaces ubuntu package libwxgtk3.0-dev                       

sudo dnf -y install gtk3 gtk3-devel*

# fedora 29 package libxml2 needs 32 and 64 bit libraries same command as ubuntu
sudo dnf -y install libxml2 libxml2-devel.* libxml++.* libxml++*

# fedora 29 package java-1.8.0-openjdk replaces ubuntu openjdk*
sudo dnf -y install java-1.8.0-openjdk.*
 sudo dnf -y install java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel.*

# fedora 29 package libxslt provides ubuntu xsltproc                        

sudo dnf -y install libxslt libxslt-devel

# packages below with the same name as ubuntu and fedora                       

sudo dnf -y install bc bison ccache curl flex git gnupg gperf lzop pngcrush rsync schedtool squashfs-tools zip

# libc6-dev-i386                       

sudo dnf install -y glibc-devel.x86_64 glibc-devel.i686

# python                       

sudo dnf install -y python3 python3-devel

# fedora xorg-x11-proto-devel replaces ubuntu x11proto-core-dev                       

sudo dnf install -y xorg-x11-proto-devel

# fedora package libX11-devel.* replaces ubuntu libx11-dev                       

sudo dnf install -y libX11-devel.*

# misc but mostlikely installed in above packages                       

sudo dnf install -y ccache

# Open GL library mesa-libGLU-devel replaces ubuntu libgl1-mesa-dev , shotgun install all the Open GL by
sudo dnf install -y mesa-libG*
# Virtual Box dependancies
sudo dnf install -y binutils gcc make patch libgomp glibc-headers glibc-devel kernel-headers kernel-devel dkms qt5-qtx11extras libxkbcommon

Last edited:
Install suggestions for installing and trying Linux

After trying quite a few distrobutions, the following tool is a lifesaver !
Download an install easy2boot to a thumb drive ,

Copy any ISO into the requested folder
Boot easy2boot, select the iso and BOOT IT
The only thing hard to boot is debian, which requires some fiddling
but,
windows 10 iso check, any iso that will boot on a cdrom will boot on this thumb drive

I have utilites, like antivirus, clonezilla ( bulletproof drive cloning and backup and restore ! )

Linux Mint
Various Ubuntu distributions

and Fedora

I reccomend installing the Fedora Server Netinstall ISO onto the thumb drive if you have an internet connection to install.
All the current packages and newest kernel will install the first time !
Install fedora server
select some basic packages
But don't install any desktop packages yet for fedora 30 and newer, It changes your disto to a insecure desktop version.
More later...

Last edited:
[SUB-Guide] [CLOUD] Setup and manage Virtual Machine and Docker for users to build !

reserved: CLOUD IN A BOX,
I am developing these skills, will add them as i go.

using the above guides plus adding some other services here is the goal

1. setup virtual machines and Docker containers to run on the server

2. have users test virtual machines with whatever build software they want

3. have new users access their virtual machines in a similar manner to most other XDA guides are using virtual machines
4 migrate CLOUD IN A BOX, to CLOUD IN A GARAGE with multiple Machines and developers

# paypal donate for new machines CLOUD IN A GARAGE developer access

TheRingMaster_GzR

May 27, 2013
Queensbury, NY
plus.google.com
Well ty. If this works for me would you mind if i made a lil bash script to automate your work? Of course i'll share with you. just like to have the easy click options. plus may make it easier for future fedora users. I love using Fedora you did a lot of research. i'll get the rest of my system set up and i'll go from there. ty from the GzR team

Reactions: ipdev and tripLr
Well ty. If this works for me would you mind if i made a lil bash script to automate your work? Of course i'll share with you. just like to have the easy click options. plus may make it easier for future fedora users. I love using Fedora you did a lot of research. i'll get the rest of my system set up and i'll go from there. ty from the GzR team

Thanks !

I have been doing a lot of android stuff on my servers, and I simply love the stability of fedora.

I am sorry for not updating this as much.

My telegram is @tripLr feel free to chat

Oct 16, 2018
Tegucigalpa
Hi! Compiling AOSP 7.1.2 for Sharp Z2 MT6797
eMachines eME642 AMD® Athlon(tm) ii p340 dual-core processor × 2, RAM 8 Gb
Fedora 34

after 3-4 hours

[/HEADING] Notice file: prebuilts/tools/common/netbeans-visual/NOTICE -- out/host/linux-x86/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//framework/org-openide-util.jar.txt make: *** No rule to make target 'out/host/linux-x86/obj32/lib/libbcinfo.so', needed by 'out/host/linux-x86/obj32/lib/libbcc.so'. Stop.
LOG https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...9b1ad4b81a9de6124470aef15e89bca/gistfile1.txt

Is my processor too weak?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fedora-Server commands transated from ubuntu commands

Here is the most up to date source for the necessary binaries to build android using various flavors of Fedora 28, 29, 30 both server and desktop !

https://github.com/tripLr/fedora_build

This took about 20 hours to individually find each package and dependancy using

dnf find (packagename)
    and searching google
    (packagename) fedora
    (packagename) ubuntu
    to find the replacements !

Here is a sample of the commands necessary for Fedora 29 from my github

Code:
    #!/bin/bash                      
     # Fedora server command replacement 11-13-2018                       

# Please send comments or updates to triplr.dev@gmail.com or github.com/tripLr                       

# for build environment setup,  google android development                      

# and kernel build environment and most c and java compilers                       

# necessary to build android nougat and  oreo                       

#                        

# below line commands are common to  ubuntu packages for compiling android , listed on                        
    # sources                        

#   https://source.android.com/setup/build/initializing                       

#   github.com/ripee https://github.com/ripee/scripts/blob/master/build_environment.sh                       

#   https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/how-to-build-lineageos-14-1-t3551484                        
    # Common Ubuntu libraries in one command                       

# apt-get install bc bison build-essential ccache curl flex g++-multilib gcc-multilib git gnupg gperf imagemagick lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-dev lib32z1-dev liblz4-tool libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libssl-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop openjdk-8-jdk pngcrush rsync schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev                        

### ??libxml2-utils??  not found in fedora                        
     # package list for android 9.0 nitrogen builds,                        

#[Forwarded from Kuran Kaname]                       

#Try sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential                       

#zip curl zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-dev-i386                       

#lib32ncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32z-dev ccache                       

#libgl1-mesa-dev libxml2-utils xsltproc unzip                        

# fedora 29 install packages listed below for both 32 bit and 64 bit binaries, libraries and utilities
    sudo dnf -y clean metadata                       

# fedora 28 command,  

sudo dnf -y dist-upgrade                       

sudo dnf -y upgrade 

# upgrade all packages                       

# because fedora dependancies are immutable  the following line is optional                         

# sudo dnf -y remove openjdk-* icedtea-* icedtea6-*                       

sudo dnf -y autoremove                        
    # fedora packages that replace ubuntu build-essential package                      

sudo dnf -y groupinstall "Development Tools" "Development Libraries"
    # fedora 28 gcc-c++ replaces ubuntu  g++-multilib gcc-multilib                       

sudo dnf -y install gcc-c++.* gcc-c++-arm* gcc-c++-x*
    # fedora 29 gcc-c++ replaces ubuntu g++-multilib                         

sudo dnf -y install gcc-c++ gcc-c++-arm-linux-gnu gcc-c++-x86_64-linux-gnu                        
      # fedora 29 readline.* installs listed below include both 32 bit (i686) and 64bit (x86-64) replaces ubuntu lib32readline-dev                       

sudo dnf -y install readline.* readline-devel.* readline-static.*

# fedora 29 packages z compression libraries                       

sudo dnf -y install zlib.* zlib-devel.* zlibrary.* zlibrary-devel.*                        

sudo dnf -y install  zlibrary.*                       

sudo dnf -y install  zlibrary-devel.*                       

sudo dnf -y install  lzma*                        

sudo dnf -y install  xz*                        

# fedora 29 packages below repalace ubuntu ncurses-devel ncurses-c++-libs                       

sudo dnf -y install ncurses.* ncurses-devel.* ncurses-*                      

# fedora 29 package ImageMagick replaces ubuntu imagemagic                        

sudo dnf -y install ImageMagick.* ImageMagick-*

# fedora 29 packages SDL and SDL2 replace ubuntu libsdl1.2-dev                         

sudo dnf -y install  SDL* SDL-* SDL2*

# fedora 29 package openssl and openssl-libs replace ubuntu libssl-dev
    sudo dnf -y install openssl* openssl-*

# fedora 29 package gtk3 replaces ubuntu package libwxgtk3.0-dev                       

sudo dnf -y install gtk3 gtk3-devel*

# fedora 29 package libxml2 needs 32 and 64 bit libraries same command as ubuntu
    sudo dnf -y install libxml2 libxml2-devel.* libxml++.* libxml++*

# fedora 29 package java-1.8.0-openjdk replaces ubuntu openjdk*
    sudo dnf -y install java-1.8.0-openjdk.*
     sudo dnf -y install java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel.*

# fedora 29 package libxslt provides ubuntu xsltproc                        

sudo dnf -y install libxslt libxslt-devel

# packages below with the same name as ubuntu and fedora                       

sudo dnf -y install bc bison ccache curl flex git gnupg gperf lzop pngcrush rsync schedtool squashfs-tools zip

# libc6-dev-i386                       

sudo dnf install -y glibc-devel.x86_64 glibc-devel.i686

# python                       

sudo dnf install -y python3 python3-devel

# fedora xorg-x11-proto-devel replaces ubuntu x11proto-core-dev                       

sudo dnf install -y xorg-x11-proto-devel

# fedora package libX11-devel.* replaces ubuntu libx11-dev                       

sudo dnf install -y libX11-devel.*

# misc but mostlikely installed in above packages                       

sudo dnf install -y ccache

# Open GL library mesa-libGLU-devel replaces ubuntu libgl1-mesa-dev , shotgun install all the Open GL by
    sudo dnf install -y mesa-libG*
    # Virtual Box dependancies
    sudo dnf install -y binutils gcc make patch libgomp glibc-headers glibc-devel kernel-headers kernel-devel dkms qt5-qtx11extras libxkbcommon
    OR ,How did I end up with a 'Cloud in a Box' for the same cost as a new high end laptop or desktop ?
    OR why I use Fedora Server instead of Ubuntu ?
    OR how did I decide to Host a server for Developers ?
    ( because its much faster )
    Along the way of becoming a "senior member" on XDA ( I am 51 yrs old by the way ), I asked a lot of questions of developers.
    I was interested in rooting my samsung galaxy note 4,(910v) 2 things happened about the same time.
    When it upgraded to 6.01, Verizon locked the bootloader , and Cynanogenmod went belly up.
    So after 2 years of watching and waiting for a bootloader unlock, reading forums, and lineageos14 came out and thanks to this thread
    https://xdaforums.com/note-4-verizon/development/howto-bootloader-unlock-upgrade-to-t3398144
    and to these Devs !
    ryanbg, @beaups
    I was able to unlock my 910v
    and upgrade to Lineageos 14 , Thanks again @hsbadr
    https://xdaforums.com/note-4-verizon/development/lineageos-t3557795
    After a while I noticed a couple of devs ( @_mone ) and some users asking really good questions as lineageos15 came out ( @ripee )
    And more and more I was curious about compiling a build. @_mone kept posting how-to build LineageOS, @ripee kept at it , and after @_mone posted some screenshots of Oreo built on the note 4, @mikey387 built a xda thread, and THE CODE on github, and @_mone did some awesome AICP builds, @ripee took over builds from @mikey387... now were running Pie thanks to people posting code on github !
    Meanwhile I had a HP laptop, at the time that cost about $1200 us, but alas, it was an amd64 dual core Athalon and at the time I was experimenting with Linux, because it would BARELY run windows 7.
    But LXDE linux (lxle) ran JUST AWESOME. It was a derivative of Ubuntu.
    I used to build and compile kernels for FreeBsd for a server I built to replace a router way back in 2001 and 2002, so this truck driver decided to polish up some kernel compile tools on my laptop , I first tried Debian Linux as I was familiar with it back then, while deciding against the current BSD clones, as they didnt have the modern ( today ) hardware support that Debinan did.
    OMG Debian was tough. Actually got it running, and tried to compile a kernel ( kernel.org ) using ( https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelBuild ) it took about 18 hours for my amd and all the hardware on the old laptop.
    So after several installs ( dozens of versions of linux ) I could not get the handle on my system because the drivers were so buggy. (nvidea)
    So, I started with an idea,

I really wanted a high end computer to develop and from my computer building days,
    I started looking at ebay for multi-cpu computers, and discovered ,
    There is a HUGE amount of used servers pulled from the cloud service companies for sale.
    Dual cpu Xeon, Quad cpu Xeon ..
    After days and weeks of Ebay, Google, and Amazon, I settled on
    Dell r810 Quad Xeon server about $450 delivered
    Example : eBay http://bit.ly/DellR810 8x4 cores, multithread 64 core ! 32 GB ram,
    Alas the hard drives ( three 10,000 rpm SAS 300gb ) were not enough storage
    Back to eBay, 1 tb SCSI 7200 rpm drives, $30 each !
    I found out I had a bad scsi hard drive back plane, which is why it probably got surplussed, because drives kept failing,

I got eBay dell r810 back-plane server pull $35
    And I kept buying memory 8 sticks of ecc pc-133 server memory, last purchase was 128 gb, for about $300 total
    But the hard drive only had 1 port for sata and 6 for SCSI and Sata was version 2 and USB was version 2. Very slow compared even to a modern PC.
    This time I went to ALI express ( where I bought my note 4 motherboard )
    for : 4 port sata3 controller
    5 port USB 3 controller
    4 port USB 3.1 controller ( alas wouldn't work because the server is PCIe 2.0 and the 3.1 card was PCIe 3.0 )
    I found a deal on a NVME controller from asus ( didnt work because again PCIe3.0 )
    I was able to test a 300 gb intel nvme ssd ( all i can say is WOW)

Problems:
    This girl makes a constant howl when compiling on hot days,
    So i have to engineer a cart, with AC and air filtration built in, because its a dust dust magnet, and a space heater for my office !
    The old built in mobo Matrox video card was sLOOOOW ! On a Terminal I think it actually slowed down the compiles !!
    Yes i know your supposed to ssh into the server, but after seeing someone
    mod a dell r810 server for dual sli videocard on youtube https://youtu.be/IC0_snmK65w Cool !
    I decided against his hack, as it only supplies 12 v, and I need both 12 v and 5 v.
    So, when I got the back plane, they sent me an extra backplane power cable.

I got my volt meter out, found the grounds, the 12 v, and 5 v, and got the solder gun out,

and wire splitter cables for hard drives, and made another cable to run to the back,

where I could power the eSATAp bracket, the USB 3 5 port, and the 3 internal 1 TB SSD's I got the system booted on.
    Currently
    Fedora server 29
    288 GB,
    3 ea 1 TB ssd for booting and compiling Android with about 8 users
    5 ea 1 TB scsi 7200 drives in raid 5 3.5 TB logical volume for compile storage and user backups
    1 ea 1 TB scsi drive for system images
    remote ssh access
    web remote management access
    fail2ban automatic firewall ssh ban
    Whats next ?
    Upgrade path for this wonderful workhorse
    16 port scsi or two , with the current sata ssd drives availabe for under $89 that are out,
    Switch to m2 keys and maybe build replacement backplane for m2 ssd, I think about 30 will fit in the little bay area for 6 there are now.
    And put my Sound Blaster live card I found in a scrap heap in !

Credit to XDA for the discovery, the community, the users , developers, and idea shakers !
    Please watch my below reserved for the continue of the how to !!
    Thanks
    triplr