FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to resize any mt6572 devices partition without any hassel

438 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

Post Reply Email Thread
Before Trying this mod wanna clearify something : I am not responsible for bricked device , dead sdcard or thermonuclear war or whatever . Try at your own risk .

Things required before approaching :
1. mtk droid tool
2. Sp flash tool
3. Hex edior or notepad++ (go to plugin manger and install hex editor plugin)
4. some sense about mathmatics

Need to know :
This is not a noob guide , You need to be little bit experienced before trying this mod . It may or may not hard-brick your device . You need to keep backup of the whole device before approaching . And it will resize the whole device's partition . And i am using a this template here : 1gb system , 2gb data , 16mb recovery , 10mb bootimg and 300mb internal sd-card . Don't forget to pull out external sdcard and sim-cards before flashing . And this mod is only for devices with 4gb emmc .
Enough introduction , Let's get our hands dirty
First of all , go to your flash tool backup directory and open EBR1 with notepad++ and you will see somehing like this :

avoid the lines before the last four lines , No need to worry about those zeros . all you need to worry about is this :

Same process goes for MBR too .

Now lets come to the tricky point . open my MBR and EBR1 in notepad++ or any other hex-editor you like ; Open your MBR and EBR1 too and compare the last four lines with mine . just adjust the line which mismatches with your MBR and EBR1 . click on the number and adjust .

Use my attached MBR and EBR1 as base . And remember to keep a nandroid backup from custom recovery because you have to completely format and reflash your stock rom for this mod and your data partition will be wiped completely . Last but not least please keep a backup of original MBR and EBR1 somewhere .

That's All . Flash using sp flash tool And Enjoy
Feel free to ask question if you are stuck somewhere .
Credits :
1. @yuweng (for all his support and teaching me a lot about mtk . Really indebted to him )
2. darklord4822 ( for his EBR1 and MBR , he is the reason I found out it is possible to recreate the partition table myself ) . Here is his base link .
Attached Files
File Type: zip partition mod.zip - [Click for QR Code] (329 Bytes, 316 views)
File Type: zip partition mod v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 388 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkHeart Z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkHeart Z Ad-Free
21st November 2015, 12:35 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chittagong

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
21st November 2015, 08:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chittagong

Donate to Me
More
Few updates
v2 changelog :
1. added scatter file to avoid flash error

Few notes :
Adjust linear start address , physical start address and partition size . Convert hex value to get the decimel bytes online here and use online byte to megabyte converter online here to be sure and if you wanna need more info go to this site .
27th February 2017, 08:23 PM |#4  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey, not like i dont apreciatte it, i'm gonna try it out, but this guide is kindof half way thru...
Why do i need mtk droid tools? you didn't seem to use it in this guide..
Also it is a noob guide, there is no maths involved, nor an explanation to which number represents what.
Its a copy-paste-wish it works job..
No harm intended, just being objective.

But ty, i'll try it out.
28th February 2017, 04:44 AM |#5  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Funny, it worked (altho i had to fix the partitions thru twrp), but now my app2sd is broken

edit:
And i fixed it, i had to adapt fbstab.mt6572 and init.mt6572.rc, removing all the lines refered to sdcard1, since, now, repartitioned our device no longer has an integrated external storage, so those files musnt have 'emulated storage' or 'sdcard1' refered lines.

Ty!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)