2. NotePad++
  3. 7Zip
  4. AABox
  5. Odiin
  6. your brick (i mean phone)
  7. Stock Firmware or any TAR with 4file better
  8. USB Drivers and all SAmsung Drivers

Getting Ready
Please Dont use Aabox Vit Packet 1 or SupperSS Nand if you are doing this Method
Cygwin - use as Linux Shell

Cygwin For windows
NotePad++ - for Editing All Codes
Note Pad ++ Download
7 Zip for Open zip
And Extracting Tar Md 5 and zips download here
AABOx for Verify and Sum Coding
AA-box is need for coding rom for tar and its download link is not available at because of Under Maintenance and update. Its Ok i will guide you the coding manually
Odin
We Need Odin .85 or 65 if you have " AAbox 2 " its solved. odin3 1.85 download

UPDATING WAIT...!

//----------------------------------Below is old Post 1---------------------------------------------//
nand write start fail on odin soluction
Tired of flashing with odin and fail....
What you need
Rom or firmware tar
Cygwin for windows
7zip
Odin3 1.3v
Device correct pit file
A good brain
Extract all files on tar to cywin home folder
Open cygwin and cd home
Then tar your files in this order
1.slb or blm or your bin file
2.boot
3. Modem
4. Cache
5. System
6.recovery
7. Others
Tar command
tar -c slb.bin modem.img cache.img system.img xxx.img xxxi.mg xxxxx.img >> repair.tar
And enter
Wait to finish
Now odin tick repartition update bootloader reset and autostart and pit
Pda your repair tar
Then flash it
Enjoy...
Note- Nand fix error has 2 main reasons first is bad nand system... means when you flash a tar its writed or copied to device in a format eg: ext4 yaffs mtd or etc bt if your partion on devices is ext4 and you are tring to flash a mtd it will fail . Now some phone have been convected to internation like m110s to i9000 or m250s to i9100. So its file system also convected so ..... its done... with a perfect pit file. Go it..
And second is your tar file. If its compress highly it will try to stop or get slow to untar so timer out to flash.
Then stop as nand write. Flash it again with a new tar with same file remake tar again that's all..

Press thanks if you done.

Mod Edit:- : Links Removed & Thread Closed.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ErickNoz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ErickNoz Ad-Free
22nd August 2014, 01:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickNoz

What you need
Rom or firmware tar
Cygwin for windows
7zip
Odin3 1.3v
Device correct pit file
A good brain

Open cygwin and cd home
2.boot
3. Modem
4. Cache
5. System
6.recovery
7. Others
Tar command
tar -c slb.bin modem.img cache.img system.img xxx.img xxxi.mg xxxxx.img >> repair.tar
And enter
Wait to finish

Pda your repair tar
Then flash it

Enjoy...

Hey Erick, thanks for this. i was gonna post on XDA about that F.. NAN Write Start error that's been plaguing my soft bricked phone for days now.

I am all willing to try your solution but can you explain how you got to try that in the first place? What did you find about the NAND Write error that made you try this?

I am at best a journeyman at flashing phones, and what i heard so far on this error is that it was related to a hardware error: bad usb ports, bad cables, etc. Are you saying it is not related to hardware at all? - and what are the chances i brick my phone for good if i get one step wrong in your solution?
28th August 2014, 02:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kandy
Thanks Meter: 227

Donate to Me
More
Arrow Updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by eniac0

Hey Erick, thanks for this. i was gonna post on XDA about that F.. NAN Write Start error that's been plaguing my soft bricked phone for days now.

I am all willing to try your solution but can you explain how you got to try that in the first place? What did you find about the NAND Write error that made you try this?

I am at best a journeyman at flashing phones, and what i heard so far on this error is that it was related to a hardware error: bad usb ports, bad cables, etc. Are you saying it is not related to hardware at all? - and what are the chances i brick my phone for good if i get one step wrong in your solution?

Nand fix error has 2 main reasons first is bad nand system... means when you flash a tar its writed or copied to device in a format eg: ext4 yaffs mtd or etc bt if your partion on devices is ext4 and you are tring to flash a mtd it will fail . Now some phone have been convected to internation like m110s to i9000 or m250s to i9100. So its file system also convected so ..... its done... with a perfect pit file. Go it..
And second is your tar file. If its compress highly it will try to stop or get slow to untar so timer out to flash.
Then stop as nand write. Flash it again with a new tar with same file remake tar again that's all..
28th August 2014, 07:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Nand fix error has 2 main reasons first is bad nand system... means when you flash a tar its writed or copied to device in a format eg: ext4 yaffs mtd or etc bt if your partion on devices is ext4 and you are tring to flash a mtd it will fail . Now some phone have been convected to internation like m110s to i9000 or m250s to i9100. So its file system also convected so ..... its done... with a perfect pit file. Go it..

wow, i would not have figured that out, but it certainly explains why that error has started appearing so often in different threads and sites now.

I had stopped trying various ways to flash my phone to avoid doing something stupid but i think I'll give your method a try now that i understand where it comes from. I am not super eager to mess with pit files but i believe to have found the right one so I'll give it a try.

Thx.
29th August 2014, 08:29 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kandy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eniac0

wow, i would not have figured that out, but it certainly explains why that error has started appearing so often in different threads and sites now.

I had stopped trying various ways to flash my phone to avoid doing something stupid but i think I'll give your method a try now that i understand where it comes from. I am not super eager to mess with pit files but i believe to have found the right one so I'll give it a try.

Thx.

You are welcm... keep in mind friend don't us bad or different pit files u will be bricked.
Always keep in mind to have a breathing phone... if its dead .....you will have to use it as a paperweight.

So use correct pit
Use correct sbl and other bin files to flash
Ur bootloader or download mode is for wake up from sleep.. not done if dead.

If you press thanks button that my secret
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ErickNoz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ErickNoz Ad-Free
4th September 2014, 06:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

What you need
Rom or firmware tar
Cygwin for windows
7zip
Odin3 1.3v
Device correct pit file
A good brain

Open cygwin and cd home
2.boot
3. Modem
4. Cache
5. System
6.recovery
7. Others
Tar command
And enter
Wait to finish

Pda your repair tar
Then flash it

Enjoy...

Note- Nand fix error has 2 main reasons first is bad nand system... means when you flash a tar its writed or copied to device in a format eg: ext4 yaffs mtd or etc bt if your partion on devices is ext4 and you are tring to flash a mtd it will fail . Now some phone have been convected to internation like m110s to i9000 or m250s to i9100. So its file system also convected so ..... its done... with a perfect pit file. Go it..

Hi
Thank you for your possible solution. Unfortunately, I have never used Cygwin before, and I am not sure how to follow your steps. Is there any chance you could write the procedure in a little more detail?

I have been ROM Flashing for a while, but I have not tried this method for solving the NAND write problem. I have been trying to deal with this, since the KitKat release came out, but now, becaue I cannot upgrade, some of my apps have stopped working.

Thank you!
5th September 2014, 03:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kandy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl

Hi
Thank you for your possible solution. Unfortunately, I have never used Cygwin before, and I am not sure how to follow your steps. Is there any chance you could write the procedure in a little more detail?

I have been ROM Flashing for a while, but I have not tried this method for solving the NAND write problem. I have been trying to deal with this, since the KitKat release came out, but now, becaue I cannot upgrade, some of my apps have stopped working.

Thank you!

Can I know you device history before nand write
5th September 2014, 05:00 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Can I know you device history before nand write

I have a Samsung Galaxy N8000 bought in China about 2 years ago.
When I first got it, a flashed a couple of cyanogen honeycomb ROMS on there, but I since then reverted back to the original, especially since I got the notice that the N8000 would receive the KitKat upgrade. I reverted to a 4.1.2 ROM found on SamMobile and installed that one, german one I believe.

However, when I tried to do the OTA updates to Kitkat, the system updater downloads the package, starts the install, fails around 27% and reverts back to whatever was on before. Updating via KIES bricks the device, and flashing the ROM via odin gets the NAND write error.

Last time I did this, I ended up flashing the factory stock rom on the device using Odin 1.85 and then I have done the OTA upgraded up until 4.1.2 which I have now.

I have attached some screenshots, I hope they will give you the rest of what you might need. Let me know if there is anything else specific that you are looking for

Here is the Odin Log

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8000XXUDNF2_N8000OJVDNF3_N8000XXUDNF1_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-05-23-53-14.png
Views:	9378
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	2925714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2014-09-05 23.55.58.png
Views:	11034
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	2925720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2014-09-05 23.57.03.png
Views:	10339
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	2925721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2014-09-05 23.57.10.png
Views:	10130
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2925722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2014-09-05 23.57.18.png
Views:	10538
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	2925723  
6th September 2014, 06:42 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kandy

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Woooow Nand write
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl

I have a Samsung Galaxy N8000 bought in China about 2 years ago.
When I first got it, a flashed a couple of cyanogen honeycomb ROMS on there, but I since then reverted back to the original, especially since I got the notice that the N8000 would receive the KitKat upgrade. I reverted to a 4.1.2 ROM found on SamMobile and installed that one, german one I believe.

However, when I tried to do the OTA updates to Kitkat, the system updater downloads the package, starts the install, fails around 27% and reverts back to whatever was on before. Updating via KIES bricks the device, and flashing the ROM via odin gets the NAND write error.

Last time I did this, I ended up flashing the factory stock rom on the device using Odin 1.85 and then I have done the OTA upgraded up until 4.1.2 which I have now.

I have attached some screenshots, I hope they will give you the rest of what you might need. Let me know if there is anything else specific that you are looking for

Here is the Odin Log

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8000XXUDNF2_N8000OJVDNF3_N8000XXUDNF1_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Wooow this is the correct nand write fail caused by md5 or tar prob.

Only Use odin1.87 or 1.3 version
And untar ur md5 or tar firmware
Then tar back with the given order by me above 1st post.
It will be ok. Realy...
6th September 2014, 05:32 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Wooow this is the correct nand write fail caused by md5 or tar prob.

Only Use odin1.87 or 1.3 version
And untar ur md5 or tar firmware
Then tar back with the given order by me above 1st post.
It will be ok. Realy...

Hi
But, if it was a problem with the md5 or tar file, wouldn't everyone else also have the same problem? This md5 is from sammobile, it should be an official Samsung release, and I am sure thousands of others are using it.

Secondly,
How do I untar the file exactly, I have never done this before, I am not familiar with the software you describe in the original post.
Do you know where I can find instructions on doing this, or would you have time to write a very quick instruction ?

It sounds like I have to take the file apart and put it back together again.
10th September 2014, 07:44 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kandy

Donate to Me
More
Arrow Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl

Hi
But, if it was a problem with the md5 or tar file, wouldn't everyone else also have the same problem? This md5 is from sammobile, it should be an official Samsung release, and I am sure thousands of others are using it.

Secondly,
How do I untar the file exactly, I have never done this before, I am not familiar with the software you describe in the original post.
Do you know where I can find instructions on doing this, or would you have time to write a very quick instruction ?

It sounds like I have to take the file apart and put it back together again.

Use Cygwin for tar and untar
Install cygwin first google it
Or
Use Tar box by AFx
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
can't flash with odin, nand write start fail, nand write start fail odin, nand write stops, odin nand write
Previous Thread Next Thread