FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] [Windows] [GUI] ClassyKitchen For Android ROMs Development

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 107
 
By AndroDef, Member on 4th November 2018, 05:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th November 2018, 09:48 PM |#11  
dr460nf1r3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 191
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapiens

I have a N960F, downloaded the latest official firmware from sammobile. Size 4.85GB.
How come the final zip file to flash in recovery is only 2.71GB?
This is what I did to the rom:
removed verity/encryption
enabled adb
disabled rmm
zipaligned
deknox
added busybox
That's all. I didnt add neither remove anything else.
I installed the resulting rom and it installed fine but without detecting the SIM card, not detecting past wifi and bluetooth connections.

I used it previously for my tablet T835 and everything worked perfectly.

Any clues?

When downloading offical firmware there are lots of other images which are flashed via odin such as vendor etc. By using the kitchen only the system image is used.

Sent from my dreamlte using XDA Labs
12th November 2018, 10:31 PM |#12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr460nf1r3

When downloading offical firmware there are lots of other images which are flashed via odin such as vendor etc. By using the kitchen only the system image is used.

Sent from my dreamlte using XDA Labs

Thanks for the prompt answer. I didnt have a clue about that. Good to know.
Any idea why my SIM and radios got screwed up. No cellphone signal, didnt even ask for the SIM pin as if it didnt see it. The wifi didnt connect the usual network. Bluetooth kept asking me many times to confirm the connection code of my WearOs watch.
12th November 2018, 10:33 PM |#13  
OP Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 107
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapiens

I have a N960F, downloaded the latest official firmware from sammobile. Size 4.85GB.
How come the final zip file to flash in recovery is only 2.71GB?
This is what I did to the rom:
removed verity/encryption
enabled adb
disabled rmm
zipaligned
deknox
added busybox
That's all. I didnt add neither remove anything else.
I installed the resulting rom and it installed fine but without detecting the SIM card, not detecting past wifi and bluetooth connections.

I used it previously for my tablet T835 and everything worked perfectly.

Any clues?

Before flashing any modded ROM with the kitchen flash the Full stock copy of the ROM first.
If this doesn't work try to flash a ROM by the kitchen but without any edits to know if the problem from edits or kitchen itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroDef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroDef Ad-Free
12th November 2018, 10:43 PM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroDef

Before flashing any modded ROM with the kitchen flash the Full stock copy of the ROM first.
If this doesn't work try to flash a ROM by the kitchen but without any edits to know if the problem from edits or kitchen itself.

Do you mean flashing the full stock on Odin? That would make me lose TWRP. And the idea for me of using your very nice ROM creating tool was to remain official, rooted, without having to install custom recovery again.
It worked perfectly on my tablet.
13th November 2018, 07:06 AM |#15  
rstwingo's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapiens

I have a N960F, downloaded the latest official firmware from sammobile. Size 4.85GB.
How come the final zip file to flash in recovery is only 2.71GB?
This is what I did to the rom:
removed verity/encryption
enabled adb
disabled rmm
zipaligned
deknox
added busybox
That's all. I didnt add neither remove anything else.
I installed the resulting rom and it installed fine but without detecting the SIM card, not detecting past wifi and bluetooth connections.

I used it previously for my tablet T835 and everything worked perfectly.

Any clues?

Hello

Because it does not wrap the complete rom into tar, but only sytem.img, odm.img, and boot.img
he does not do anything else
13th November 2018, 12:28 PM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstwingo

Hello

Because it does not wrap the complete rom into tar, but only sytem.img, odm.img, and boot.img
he does not do anything else

Thank you for the explanation

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
14th November 2018, 02:48 AM |#17  
OP Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 107
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstwingo

Hello

Because it does not wrap the complete rom into tar, but only sytem.img, odm.img, and boot.img
he does not do anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapiens

Thank you for the explanation

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I finished add support for vendor partition and will release the update soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroDef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroDef Ad-Free
14th November 2018, 10:58 AM |#18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroDef

I finished add support for vendor partition and will release the update soon.

Looking forward to testing that update!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroDef

I finished add support for vendor partition and will release the update soon.

Also, is it possible to have for the debloating option, a list based on the default list that you provide where one can tick and untick apps to select what to remove and what to keep?

I know this requires more programming. If not possible then to provide the default list that you use to debloat, so we can customize it please.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
14th November 2018, 12:33 PM |#19  
daxiaamu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
Donate to Me
More
vendor.new.dat missed
14th November 2018, 05:19 PM |#20  
OP Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 107
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapiens

Looking forward to testing that update!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Also, is it possible to have for the debloating option, a list based on the default list that you provide where one can tick and untick apps to select what to remove and what to keep?

I know this requires more programming. If not possible then to provide the default list that you use to debloat, so we can customize it please.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

After debloat process you can navigate to (PROJECT_FILES/DEBLOAT) and delete what you want then restore the needed items by the kitchen, However I will add manual debloat feature and currently I attached the debloat list of the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxiaamu

vendor.new.dat missed

Send to me a link for a firmware contents that file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debloat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.8 KB, 130 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroDef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroDef Ad-Free
14th November 2018, 05:23 PM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroDef

After debloat process you can navigate to (PROJECT_FILES/DEBLOAT) and delete what you want then restore the needed items by the kitchen, However I will add manual debloat feature and currently I attached the debloat list of the kitchen.



Send to me a link for a firmware contents that file.

Thank you very much
This will make your tool even more useful for me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, flash, kitchen, rom, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes