Thanks Meter: 95

By AndroDef, Member on 4th November 2018, 04:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2018, 04:23 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroDef

After debloat process you can navigate to (PROJECT_FILES/DEBLOAT) and delete what you want then restore the needed items by the kitchen, However I will add manual debloat feature and currently I attached the debloat list of the kitchen.

Send to me a link for a firmware contents that file.

Thank you very much
This will make your tool even more useful for me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

15th November 2018, 07:08 AM |#22  
OP Member
Flag Damascus

Donate to Me
More
New Version - Beta 1.0.1
Released new version with these features:

- Added support to extract vendor partition from official ROMs & extract from .new.dat[.br].
- And support to rebuild it in Samsung method or fastboot or custom recovery zip.
- Added support to pull vendor partition from Rooted device with odm partition.
- Improved user's instruction that printed during images building that related to images configs (sizes, header and extension)

@Sapiens Please test it with Note 9 vendor and tell me the results.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroDef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroDef Ad-Free
16th November 2018, 01:27 AM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroDef

Released new version with these features:

- Added support to extract vendor partition from official ROMs & extract from .new.dat[.br].
- And support to rebuild it in Samsung method or fastboot or custom recovery zip.
- Added support to pull vendor partition from Rooted device with odm partition.
- Improved user's instruction that printed during images building that related to images configs (sizes, header and extension)

@Sapiens Please test it with Note 9 vendor and tell me the results.

Great that the update came fast. I actually downloaded it before you even posted the notice. Here are my results.
Once again I used the official ROM and modified it in the simple way that I mentioned in my first post.
It installed fine and reboot it great, it asked me for the pin of my SIM card, unlocked it and after unlocking the phone I had Wifi and Cell radios working perfectly. The only issue I had was when trying to open the Settings it always crashes, so I am not able to get to them.
Then I, once again, went to Recovery to install the Magisk zip which I downloaded from the official thread here on XDA. After I installed it and rebooted, it didnt ask me for my SIM pin, after unlocking it did connect to the Wifi this time but didnt detect the SIM card, so no cell signal. Also I got a Google Play crashing error.
So I went to Recovery once more and installed again the ClassyKitchen modified ROM again and it boots fine, ask for SIM pin again, Wifi and Cell works. No access to Settings though.
Going to try to find out what the problem with the Settings is since it is the more urgent issue.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Since I cannot go to Settings to check my android version I am using DevCheck Pro and I found something weird, I dont think it is supposed to be.
The official ROM I used in ClassyKitchen was ARJ4. DevCheck tells me this:
Bootloader N960FXXU2ARH6
Radio N960FXXU2ARH7
Build M1AJQ.N960FXXS2ARJ4
ROM base N960FXXS2ARJ4

Arent the Bootloader and Radio supposed to be ARJ4 and ARJ1 respectively like inside the official ROM zip?
16th November 2018, 02:03 PM |#24  

More
I created an official Rom with your app without any modifications and I installed it on tarp and before rebooting installed magisk too. Same problem as before with the SIM card and the settings. So it is not related to the mods applied on the kitchen.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
16th November 2018, 03:54 PM |#25  

More
Updating on the status of my adventure
With the kitchen "official" rom that I added Magisk, besides the problems already mentioned also I discovered that I didnt have root even that Magisk was installed.
I restored my backup made on TWRP from the time prior to using any of the kitchen ROMs, when everything was working perfectly and now even the settings are crashing, which doesnt allow me to confirm the bluethoot pairing with my watch. On the other hand, I do have root.
I dont know what problem got carried from the kitchen roms that wasnt wiped by the restoration of the backup. Also, I dont know if it will improve the rom having Magisk injected directly in the Classykitchen since I dont have the pro. I know that installing it on TWRP breaks things in kitchen roms. You'll have to test that with the pro version.
16th November 2018, 04:54 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapiens

Updating on the status of my adventure
With the kitchen "official" rom that I added Magisk, besides the problems already mentioned also I discovered that I didnt have root even that Magisk was installed.
I restored my backup made on TWRP from the time prior to using any of the kitchen ROMs, when everything was working perfectly and now even the settings are crashing, which doesnt allow me to confirm the bluethoot pairing with my watch. On the other hand, I do have root.
I dont know what problem got carried from the kitchen roms that wasnt wiped by the restoration of the backup. Also, I dont know if it will improve the rom having Magisk injected directly in the Classykitchen since I dont have the pro. I know that installing it on TWRP breaks things in kitchen roms. You'll have to test that with the pro version.

Use Magisk manager and use the patch boot image option to create a rooted boot.img this way you dont have to get the pro version to root your rom.

Sent from my dreamlte using XDA Labs
16th November 2018, 05:29 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr460nf1r3

Use Magisk manager and use the patch boot image option to create a rooted boot.img this way you dont have to get the pro version to root your rom.

Please explain to me how. To use the Magisk manager I have to install the kitchen rom then install the magisk zip, and only then I can use the manager. I dont know if it is possible to use it without root. Furthermore, could you point me out to the option/setting on the manager to patch the boot image? I only see Patched Boot Output Format and that gives me a .img or .img.tar option.
16th November 2018, 06:22 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

Please explain to me how. To use the Magisk manager I have to install the kitchen rom then install the magisk zip, and only then I can use the manager. I dont know if it is possible to use it without root. Furthermore, could you point me out to the option/setting on the manager to patch the boot image? I only see Patched Boot Output Format and that gives me a .img or .img.tar option.

It requires you to have a running android system to use the magisk app and the boot img you should have after using the kitchen. Download magisk via the app and it should present you a patch boot image option. Not sure what you are trying to do there though.

Sent from my SM-T835 using XDA Labs
16th November 2018, 06:40 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr460nf1r3

It requires you to have a running android system to use the magisk app and the boot img you should have after using the kitchen. Download magisk via the app and it should present you a patch boot image option. Not sure what you are trying to do there though.

Sent from my SM-T835 using XDA Labs

What I want to do is to have a usable cooked rom with magisk without anything broken.
I know how to install Magisk thru TWRP and how to update once it's rooted thru the manager
I dont know what you are trying indicate here that I havent done before.
16th November 2018, 07:40 PM |#30  

More
Quote:

What I want to do is to have a usable cooked rom with magisk without anything broken.
I know how to install Magisk thru TWRP and how to update once it's rooted thru the manager
I dont know what you are trying indicate here that I havent done before.

Alright, im not a pro but what i got is that you already cooked a rom zip without magisk, an unrooted zip so to say. Flash this zip and install magisk manager apk. Take the boot img which is inside the rom zip and patch it with the install process. Then you take the patched boot.img and replace the original boot.img with it. Thats how its done when using a Samsung image as base, i dont know whether this applies to your rom as well gut i hope i could help you.

17th November 2018, 04:10 PM |#31  
OP Member
Flag Damascus

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Great that the update came fast. I actually downloaded it before you even posted the notice. Here are my results.
Once again I used the official ROM and modified it in the simple way that I mentioned in my first post.
It installed fine and reboot it great, it asked me for the pin of my SIM card, unlocked it and after unlocking the phone I had Wifi and Cell radios working perfectly. The only issue I had was when trying to open the Settings it always crashes, so I am not able to get to them.
Then I, once again, went to Recovery to install the Magisk zip which I downloaded from the official thread here on XDA. After I installed it and rebooted, it didnt ask me for my SIM pin, after unlocking it did connect to the Wifi this time but didnt detect the SIM card, so no cell signal. Also I got a Google Play crashing error.
So I went to Recovery once more and installed again the ClassyKitchen modified ROM again and it boots fine, ask for SIM pin again, Wifi and Cell works. No access to Settings though.
Going to try to find out what the problem with the Settings is since it is the more urgent issue.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Since I cannot go to Settings to check my android version I am using DevCheck Pro and I found something weird, I dont think it is supposed to be.
The official ROM I used in ClassyKitchen was ARJ4. DevCheck tells me this:
Bootloader N960FXXU2ARH6
Radio N960FXXU2ARH7
Build M1AJQ.N960FXXS2ARJ4
ROM base N960FXXS2ARJ4

Arent the Bootloader and Radio supposed to be ARJ4 and ARJ1 respectively like inside the official ROM zip?

Sure you will have issues like that because each part of your device is related to different base.
The BL md5 file of your ROM is related to Bootloader N960FXXU2ARH6 and CP md5 is related to Radio N960FXXU2ARH7 So to make all of them in the same base you should flash both files (BL & CP) through odin (This will not erase userdata and will not enable RMM and will not erase Root)

And for Settings issue After you flash the above files, ReFlash the modded ZIP ROM in the recovery then do A full factory reset before boot and check the result.

After apply the above see the Settings then we will see the Magisk issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroDef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroDef Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, flash, kitchen, rom, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)