FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

cloning old wm5 firmware

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Yaho0o, Junior Member on 10th September 2014, 10:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I do not know if I posted in the right place but I need urgent help. I have lots old terminals Motorola HC700 (F4707A) that were downgraded from WM5 to WM2003SE. Now have to put again WM5 but I don't have that old firmware.
I have another two terminals with original WM5 on them. Is there any possibility to extract the firmware completely or clone it and put it on those with WM2003. Or can anyone help me with firmware for this type of terminal.
If you can clone or extract the firmware what tools i can use or can someone explain how do this. It is urgent. Thank you.

12th September 2014, 08:41 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaho0o

Hello,
I do not know if I posted in the right place but I need urgent help. I have lots old terminals Motorola HC700 (F4707A) that were downgraded from WM5 to WM2003SE. Now have to put again WM5 but I don't have that old firmware.
I have another two terminals with original WM5 on them. Is there any possibility to extract the firmware completely or clone it and put it on those with WM2003. Or can anyone help me with firmware for this type of terminal.
If you can clone or extract the firmware what tools i can use or can someone explain how do this. It is urgent. Thank you.

I need help
12th September 2014, 12:53 PM |#3  
Flag Gevgelija
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

I need help

Start searching here (register your account):
http://www.modaco.com/forum/651-windows-mobile-archive/
or maybe here:
http://www.modaco.com/forum/546-motorola/
Eventually, try Google, and search for wm5 roms for [name of the phone]
12th September 2014, 01:21 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
It's not a phone it's a scanning terminal. It's an old terminal and i can't find anything about it.
I just want to copy SO (firmware) from wm5 good terminal and put on WM2003 bad terminal.
Where i can find info how to do this ?
Thank you
12th September 2014, 04:05 PM |#5  
Flag Gevgelija
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

It's not a phone it's a scanning terminal. It's an old terminal and i can't find anything about it.
I just want to copy SO (firmware) from wm5 good terminal and put on WM2003 bad terminal.
Where i can find info how to do this ?
Thank you

umm, Google maybe?
12th September 2014, 08:10 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisMKD

umm, Google maybe?

that was the first thing
13th September 2014, 06:45 AM |#7  
Minsk
Thanks Meter: 840

More
Yaho0o, WM5 rom flashed to device ... how to explain .... is not only the set of files. They are flashed to device with fixed location in memory and the info about this location is wiped away while flashing.... So you can not just copy the firmware from a device - half of the files visible in \Windows folder of the device via file manager are just the labels.
Here no-one will help you. The best way - try to contact Moto support at motorolasolutions.com - maybe they have the firmware for your discounted barcode scanners.
12th September 2018, 12:46 PM |#8  

More
do anyone found asolution ???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)