[Q] remove corrupted directory from internal flash drive?

Search This thread

AviUA

Oct 3, 2008
Howdy, couldn't find this anywhere

htc Advantage 7510 running MichyPrima ROM for years. Internal (built-in) flash drive developed one corrupt directory (the backup directory for SPB backup, natch) and got filled up, before this had plenty of room. The bad directory now appears to contain subdirectories and files with gobble-de-goop names, dates, etc. and when I try to delete any or all of them it tells me either that the file name contains illegal characters and therefor can't be deleted, or that the file is a system file and access is denied (of course the files are not write-protected). Trying to get at it and delete it while connected to an XP desktop also doesn't help because it is not recognized as an external drive, but rather as a sub-directory of a "mobile device", so I get similar errors. All other directories are fine, and most of my installed , configured software resides on this drive, along with a lot of data (I've got all that backed up to the desktop computer). I also removed some files from other directories to make some room just in case this was complicating things.

Is there some utility that will let me make an end-run around this and just delete the directory and its contents? I really don't want to format the entire drive and start over from nothing.

TIA for any advice!

-avi

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
This won't help.

As stated above, only the removable micro SD card can bee seen as a true external flash drive, not the intenal memory.

The only solution would be a Windows Mobile tool similar to Scandisk.

Now you really can't find anything to solve your problem, you can still backup all your data and hard reset your device : it should set it back clean.

AviUA

Oct 3, 2008
I kind of concluded that myself. Just hoping someone knows of that elusive utility that will let me work on the drive as if it were a regular removable drive. I REALLY don't want to go the formatting route.