FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Replace RDC?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By newuserx, Junior Member on 23rd December 2015, 10:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I was trying to flash my lumia using thor and accidentally deleted the loaded rdc.bin file. I managed to save a new rdc.bin from another phone using thor -mode retail -readrdc "rdc.bin", same model, and tried loading it to my phone using thor -mode retail -writerdc "rdc.bin". Unfortunately, it cannot be loaded. It seems that it is unique to each phone (maybe tied to imei?). As it was able to be reloaded onto the "donor" phone. Does anyone know how to create a new rdc.bin file? or possibly edit the donor file, so it can be loaded on my phone?
Thanks in advance.

12th July 2018, 05:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserx

Hi,
I was trying to flash my lumia using thor and accidentally deleted the loaded rdc.bin file. I managed to save a new rdc.bin from another phone using thor -mode retail -readrdc "rdc.bin", same model, and tried loading it to my phone using thor -mode retail -writerdc "rdc.bin". Unfortunately, it cannot be loaded. It seems that it is unique to each phone (maybe tied to imei?). As it was able to be reloaded onto the "donor" phone. Does anyone know how to create a new rdc.bin file? or possibly edit the donor file, so it can be loaded on my phone?
Thanks in advance.

RDCs are tied to the device they were generated for. This can only be done during manufacturing, which is why there are options to back them up. Failing to do so, it's not possible to recover them. You can't edit the file from the other phone to work either, since they are signed. U dun goofed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)