FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My first app is live - what do you think?

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By kaworu1986, Junior Member on 25th March 2018, 11:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been learning Android development recently and finally released my first free app.
It's open source and available on Github too. It's made with C# in Xamarin (not forms though, which meansit uses Android's native APIs).

I chose to start with a TOTP generator because
  • It's a non trivial use case yet not too complex
  • It allows to meaningfully integrate image acquisition and protocol handling
  • I already had a UWP version I could reuse the corre logic from
  • The Google OTP generator uses a web service to scan QR codes, as far as I can tell

I'd be interested in asking for feedback: does the app's UI feel right? What areas can I improve?
The Following User Says Thank You to kaworu1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaworu1986 Ad-Free

11th October 2018, 10:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaworu1986

I've been learning Android development recently and finally released my first free app.
It's open source and available on Github too. It's made with C# in Xamarin (not forms though, which meansit uses Android's native APIs).

I chose to start with a TOTP generator because

• It's a non trivial use case yet not too complex
  • It allows to meaningfully integrate image acquisition and protocol handling
  • I already had a UWP version I could reuse the corre logic from
  • The Google OTP generator uses a web service to scan QR codes, as far as I can tell

I'd be interested in asking for feedback: does the app's UI feel right? What areas can I improve?

It was nice to see that you have your first software released. Congradulations... And thanks for sharing. As I saw you developed your software with Xamarin which is a cross platform framework. It would be great if you can share your experience here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/too...tform-t3850250 with other people.
I like to hear more stories about crossplatform and also native coding experiences.
I'm going to give your software a try.
1st November 2018, 08:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My first app is live - what do you think?
I'm not a fan of material design UI, however your app looks nice. Congratulations for creating your first app.
29th November 2018, 02:59 PM |#4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Congratulations. You made the right choice when decided to create tool. Wish you high ratings and many downloads! I downloaded it on my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)