FORUMS

C++ Ide

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MrFish., Junior Member on 20th January 2016, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey,
I use visual studio for programming in C++ and am interested in learning to develop for android. I have previously done so in eclipse but it has been 2 years or so and that was in Java. I am interested in programming in C++ and was curious what IDE y'all used.
Thanks,
Fish.
9th February 2016, 10:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFish.

Hey,
I use visual studio for programming in C++ and am interested in learning to develop for android. I have previously done so in eclipse but it has been 2 years or so and that was in Java. I am interested in programming in C++ and was curious what IDE y'all used.
Thanks,
Fish.

I suggest you to use Qt
You can programing in c++ for android
28th December 2016, 02:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
If you're on Windows, Visual C++ isn't a bad choice (esp. the latest editions which include Android support!). But if you're on Linux and/or programming on both Windows and Linux, Qt Creator is my favourite by all means.
28th February 2019, 02:30 AM |#4  
N/A
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Personally, I prefer CLion by JetBrains (the company that creates IntelliJ and Android Studio). Although it is a commercial IDE, you can have free license for student or open source project.
22nd March 2020, 03:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGDev

Personally, I prefer CLion by JetBrains (the company that creates IntelliJ and Android Studio). Although it is a commercial IDE, you can have free license for student or open source project.

CLion is amazing! It works really well with Rust plugin too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)