FORUMS

Android as career?

3,114 posts
Thanks Meter: 249

By hisee, Senior Member on 4th July 2014, 02:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can we consider android development as career? Is it have good scope /future in terms of jobs?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
7th July 2014, 07:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisee

Can we consider android development as career? Is it have good scope /future in terms of jobs?

In England I've recently been looking for IT based roles and had a look at android developer jobs. To my surprise there are many that I found! The only down side is, is that a lot of them wanted you to know how to develop for more than one platform, which unless I'm mistaken I've not heard of a tremendous amount of people that happen to be able to do both at the same level. It might be a while before they realise this, or I could be completely wrong and there are many, many people who are able to develop for multiple platforms like Android/IOS.

I've also seen a lot of freelance work being offered for not just the Android platform but all other major platforms. So overall I'd say if you are good enough of a developer then you could definitely get a decent wage from being an android developer, either in a permanent role, or as a freelancer.

Hope this helps a bit
The Following User Says Thank You to leccles01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leccles01 Ad-Free
10th July 2014, 01:11 PM |#3  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Android perspective
I work for a software development company in UK. We have different development teams for different platforms. I guess, in ads they ask for work skills in various platforms, just to be able to substitute a colleague, just in case. Big companies usually devide teams, from my experience.
19th July 2014, 02:52 AM |#4  
Flag Bhaktapur
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisee

Yeah I think we can consider that. Majority of people uses android phones and accessories
23rd April 2020, 07:34 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think Android developers are in demand and therefore now is a good time for you to consider Android development as a stable career option.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)