FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

which site is most current and easiest to learn java

516 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By Veid71, Senior Member on 18th February 2016, 02:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hey guys im begining with java and i tried the newboston and his code is out of date and gives me errors and codecademy is just too boring imo i wanna be able to watch videos and follow along

18th February 2016, 03:06 PM |#2  
Flag Samara
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Choose your theme: mobile dev, desktop, web or something. Get the appropriate framework and quickly walk through official tutorial. Then start some small project. You'll get the most while trying to implement your own ideas. And read object-oriented programming classics.
14th October 2016, 08:39 AM |#3  
Flag bathinda
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veid71

hey guys im begining with java and i tried the newboston and his code is out of date and gives me errors and codecademy is just too boring imo i wanna be able to watch videos and follow along

Well. You can refer book "Head First Java". Its like a magazine and its really a good book for starters. I am also studying this book.
If you prefer ebook, you can get it for free from internet as many sites are offering pdf for free.
27th February 2019, 11:28 AM |#4  
N/A
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veid71

Do you have any programming background? If not, I recommend you to try something like Scratch or Alice for making game. It quite fun and really boost your programming thinking. If you already have, depends on your taste, you can learn via textbook like Head First Java or by video channels. Personally, I like reading textbook, so I don't know if there are any good online tutorial.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)