FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

You are new to Android development? Consider reading this post!

46 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By THGDev, Member on 27th February 2019, 11:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone. I want to share some resources that may helpful for anyone who still don't know where to start.
  1. If you don't have any background, consider learning programming using Scratch or Alice. It seems just suitable for kids but actually for everyone who want to think logically.
  2. If you have some basic background and want to have solid Java background (which I recommend) before moving to Android development, you should start with "Head First Java". They also have "Head First Android", but personally I don't like it so much.
  3. After you have a solid Java background, you can start learning Android using this free course on Udacity. It has 5 parts that cover everything that you need to make literally any app on Play Store.
  4. After you completed the above course, let's make your own project. You don't have to learn other courses or textbooks in order to make an app. You should try to make your own app using what you have learned with the above course. When you making your project, you will encounter real-life problems. By solving it (using Google, StackOverflow, XDA, other tech forums, ...), you will learn more than any course or textbook can help you.

I hope you will find this post helpful for you. If anyone has a question, please leave your question below

18th June 2019, 11:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'd also like to share with you a resource that helped me a lot when I started to learn computer programming. No matter whether you are a complete newbie or not, if you need assistance you can address one of the smartest tutors at https://eurekly.com . They teach not only programming but also other subjects btw and work with learners of all ages.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)