FORUMS

I want to make an app for my website but don't know where to start

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By DJ-DK786*, Junior Member on 29th November 2015, 04:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone! I'm new here and need a bit of help.
I run a news website, with daily articles and occasional reviews. The site is already responsive. I would like to develop a multiplatform app for it but I don't want something simple like those app generators.

Firstly, all I want is my latest articles to be pulled from an RSS feed and shown in the app. Later, I would like to allow readers to comment and post on my forum.

Now I don't want them to load the pages or use a browser. Everything should be done in the app and then stored on their devices (Like the Android Central app). I would like to start developing for Android first but have no idea how to start. I have some knowledge in HTML and CSS, would that help?

Thanks.
1st December 2015, 08:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You can go for Phonegap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-DK786*

Hi everyone! I'm new here and need a bit of help.
I run a news website, with daily articles and occasional reviews. The site is already responsive. I would like to develop a multiplatform app for it but I don't want something simple like those app generators.

Firstly, all I want is my latest articles to be pulled from an RSS feed and shown in the app. Later, I would like to allow readers to comment and post on my forum.

Now I don't want them to load the pages or use a browser. Everything should be done in the app and then stored on their devices (Like the Android Central app). I would like to start developing for Android first but have no idea how to start. I have some knowledge in HTML and CSS, would that help?

Thanks.

2nd December 2015, 12:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I like appery.io. It uses PhoneGap in the projects so they can be multiplatform. The projects are easily available and editable through webbrowser. Also testing the applications is super convenient

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleI

I like appery.io. It uses PhoneGap in the projects so they can be multiplatform. The projects are easily available and editable through webbrowser. Also testing the applications is super convenient

Of course you need some programming skills for this, but they have some tutorials so you can learn as you build the application.
10th December 2015, 09:11 AM |#4  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hii
If you don't want to use the simple app creators, then you can use the cross platform mobile app development tools like PhoneGap, Sencha, Appcelarator, Xamarin etc.

PhoneGap uses the standard development languages like HTML and JavaScript. It also allows to integrate the app with hardware devices. Other tools need the knowledge of programming languages like PHP, Python Ruby etc. So I think PhoneGap would be best your you.
28th December 2015, 09:59 AM |#5  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)