FORUMS

Homebrew on Google Home Mini possible?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By LiamBogur, Junior Member on 28th February 2020, 08:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been wondering for a while now if custom code is possible on the google home mini (Such as custom commands, and stuff like that.), so far from reading up on it the only way I can find out how to do it is with IFTTT, which can hardly be counted a coding language and does not provide the features I want, plus its custom commands are too slow as they have to travel through the IFTTT servers first.

Is there some way to make my own commands without IFTTT or something like that? (Maybe even a python interpreter on the google home mini or a python webserver on my raspberry pi which the google home mini connects to check commands.)

Edit: Before you say I can use their Local Execution API thing, it won't work, that is more for connecting with other smart devices on the network, also I'm not the greatest at typescript and javascript. I am just looking for an easy web API (some a bit more than rithvikvibhu's API) and or a python interpreter on the device, such as say ev3dev which is a tool that allows running python (among other languages) on the Lego Ev3.
12th April 2020, 04:28 AM |#2  
Flag Puyallup, WA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Btw, homebrew is for game consoles (ex: Xbox, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, Nintendo Switch). The android version is named root. And we have not hacked google assistant devices yet. The most we can do for now is use IFTTT.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)