FORUMS

Lenovo Smart clock - unable to change "display language" on Google Home back to PT

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I've bought a Lenovo Smart Clock back in December as a Christmas present for my wife; altough Google mentions that for smart displays only a small set of languages is supported, like English UK/US/AU, French, German, Swedish, Japanese, Danish, Italian, Norsk and Nederlands, Lenovo device also supported Brazilian Portuguese.

Thing is, after messing around with the Google Home app and seeing that the "Smart Display" language setting was unset, we set it to English....big, huge mistake!!!...because now we are totally unable to set it back to Portuguese, as the option doesn't show on the list of supported languages. Even doing a factory reset doesn't solve; when the device configuration starts you can select Portuguese, but then the setting on Google Home app overrides it.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?
Google doesn't seem to care an fix this...at least let "unset" the language for smart displays, so that the setting set on the the device prevails in detriment of the one on the app.

Thanks
14th May 2020, 07:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Solution of your problem
Hello Carrot,

I completely understand your problem and first time, I also face same issues when I install some smart devices in my home.That time I read one blog - in which they give full information and list of home apps which is suitable for any device.I am dropping link of that blog , if it works then share it. - https://bit.ly/3fODRkj
The Following User Says Thank You to pedro371 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pedro371 Ad-Free
16th June 2020, 07:24 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Hi there,
Maybe you’ve already solved the problem. If not, then this may help you:

Open the Google Home app, tap your profile picture and select Assistant settings. Select the Assistant tab and change the language from there. Then reset the clock and set it up using the Google account you just changed the language of the Assistant of. Afterward you can add another language and set up Voice Match if you want to.
Portuguese is available in my Assistant Settings, so it should show up in the list of languages on your phone as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)