FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Meet Phlex - A Google Home Action for Plex Control (And more!)

3,606 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,995

By digitalhigh, Recognized Developer on 17th March 2017, 11:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone, I'm digitalhigh, and I'll be your driver for this fun ride.

This is the new official home of Phlex.

What is Phlex? Phlex is a PHP Web application I've written that allows you to link your Google Home with your Plex collection and control playback to any device on the network capable of speaking Plex or Cast.

In addition, Phlex supports integration with Couchpotato, Sonarr, Radarr, and Sickbeard, allowing you to add media directly to your watch lists in any of these apps, giving you total voice control over your media collection!

Phlex is currently in a very early Beta, meaning there are still bugs to be worked out, and various minor annoyances and issues that have yet to be fully resolved. However, the vast majority of scenarios should work, and it can only get better as the project matures!!

To get started, all you have to do is hope on over to https://github.com/d8ahazard/Phlex and follow the instructions to get things set up. You will need to either install a webserver via Xampp (this is all in the instructions), or clone/download Phlex into an existing webserver. Once set up, you'll need to forward a port to Phlex so it can talk to the outside world, and then register your client with the Main Phlex server in order to allow account linking with Goooogle.

Optionally, you can set up a custom URL for your server if you have dynamic DNS, reverse proxy, etc. set up.

Once all the fun setup and networking hoops have been jumped through, you can browse to the web interface on your phone and copy your client's API token into your clipboard.

Ask your google home to talk to "Flex TV", and go into the Home app and finish linking your account using your copied API token. Presto talko. You can now ask Flex TV to play movies and shows, pause/stop/seek/etc. You can ask it to fetch a movie or show, and it'll do it.

Here's a little demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZBlNwBocAc

I'll be updating this thread as time allows, but I wanted to get things rolling as soon as I could over here so folks could try it out. It sure seems as if the gHome thread could use a little action.

XDA:DevDB Information
Phlex (Flex TV), App for the HP Web OS

Contributors
digitalhigh
Source Code: https://github.com/d8ahazard/Phlex

Version Information

Created 2017-03-17
Last Updated 2017-03-17
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th March 2017, 11:29 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI

Donate to Me
More
RESERVED
17th March 2017, 11:30 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI

Donate to Me
More
This one too
19th March 2017, 05:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had to 'reinstall' phlex on my webserver, but somehow i can't link my plex anymore.

I tried to redo everything, removed the phlex 'device' from my plex account, but when I login to phlex i don't get to see my plex device, api key is blanc etc.

Is there a way to really start from scratch? (deleting the files on the webserver and copying them from the zip file didn't make a difference)
20th March 2017, 05:35 PM |#5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Would love to try this as a docker container.
The Following User Says Thank You to allanak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allanak Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 01:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Any plans for integration with nzbget?
21st March 2017, 05:10 AM |#7  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Huge potential! Thanks! I see some issues, but I'll make a couple issues on GitHub.
21st March 2017, 01:22 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanak

Would love to try this as a docker container.

I have zero experience with creating docker containers. However, another web app I've contributed heavily to, Muximux, is already maintained by Linuxserver.io. My thought is that it's probably going to be very non-trivial to modify the docker-muximux package to run Phlex. I'll work on this as time allows, but there are more pressing things on my list in front of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorcobb

Any plans for integration with nzbget?

"Plans" would indicate that I thought any of this out beyond "Man, wouldn't it be neat if I could...". No, no direct plans, but I'm always open to suggestions and requests. If there's an API for it, then I'm happy to include support for it in Phlex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanvree

Huge potential! Thanks! I see some issues, but I'll make a couple issues on GitHub.

Appreciated! I'll take a look at them and try to address.
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2017, 01:39 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

"Plans" would indicate that I thought any of this out beyond "Man, wouldn't it be neat if I could...". No, no direct plans, but I'm always open to suggestions and requests. If there's an API for it, then I'm happy to include support for it in Phlex.

Yes it does. If you look in the Play Store, most of the NZB manager apps that talk to Sonarr, CP, Headphones, Mylar, Sickbeard, SABNZBD, etc... also are compatible with NZBGet. I like it a lot more than SAB.

https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/wiki/API

I would also suggest that you consider publishing a Synology Disk Station Manager compatible package if you want wide adoption.
21st March 2017, 02:21 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
404 not found
Hi man,

Great project, but have some issues with adding Chromecast and getting a 404 error on the background. Any thoughts?

https: // s7.postimg.org / qdc33ygej / Screenshot_1.png (Screenshot, can't add URL's because I'm to new here)
404 Not Found
21st March 2017, 02:40 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorcobb

Yes it does. If you look in the Play Store, most of the NZB manager apps that talk to Sonarr, CP, Headphones, Mylar, Sickbeard, SABNZBD, etc... also are compatible with NZBGet. I like it a lot more than SAB.

https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/wiki/API

I would also suggest that you consider publishing a Synology Disk Station Manager compatible package if you want wide adoption.

That would be really cool! Do you know anybody who knows how to roll a DSM package? I looked into it a while ago, but never got around to learning.

For both the DSM and docker packages, if anybody out there has the know-how, contributions are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoooostB

Hi man,

Great project, but have some issues with adding Chromecast and getting a 404 error on the background. Any thoughts?

https: // s7.postimg.org / qdc33ygej / Screenshot_1.png (Screenshot, can't add URL's because I'm to new here)

404 Not Found

Did you enable sockets in php.ini? That's needed for chromecast devices. The background I'll fix today.
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)