FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DualBoot] Dualboot patcher for sprout is here once again (bug fixed snapshots only)

438 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

Post Reply Email Thread
Original thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447534
Thread which started android one support :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...-dual-t3297414

Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any sort of damage and harm done in your device . If you complain ; it'll be ignored . Try at your own risk .

So , as it was seen before dual boot patcher had bugs relating recovery and extsd installation ; those times are now gone by . The new build with total fixes are up . Fascinating ! Isn't it ? So lets begin .

Changelog :
1. data: Add Boot UI support for sprout .
2. mbbootui: Fix null pointer dereferencing if daemon returns incomplete .
3. data: sprout: Add CPU temperature sysfs path .
4. mbtool: Add /microSD to list of external SD mount points

Bugs :
Ramdisk update option is a bit complicated than the developer expected . It's milestoned for version 10.0.0 . I will cover up with a solution I created for this .

Download :
Here

when it comes to your current Installations ; that's where you have to be tricky . So let's begin .

Instructions :

1. 1st download Both the kernel installer zip for primary and secondary rom . ( remember to patch both ; primary using primary rom upgrade ; secondary using the romid you set ) .
Link for primary :
Here
Link for secondary :
Here

2. Create a folder on the root of sdcard named dualbootpatcher and also create two folder in it naming primary and secondary . Put both of the downloaded zip in their respective folder .

3. Copy primary rom's boot.img from /data/media/0/MultiBoot/primary ( if your device has emulated storage ) or /sdcard/MultiBoot and vice versa for secondary rom and put it inside /sdcard/dualbootpatcher/primary and same for secondary . Remember to do it one by one . Rushing in this might brick your device .

4. Now open rar app and go to dualbootpatcher/primary . And long press on the boot.img select add to archive option . Then browse and select modded_kernel_primary.zip . Vice versa for secondary kernel .

5. Now go to dbp and patch these two zip and put them wherever you feel right and flash from recovery .

Voila ! You're done here . Flash and enjoy .

IMPORTANT NOTICE :
Version 9.0.0 is released in the update channel with a lot of fixes and cool features . So therefore , this thread is no longer needed except you have to follow ramdisk update instructions I've given . Because that issue is still on . head over to http://snapshots.noobdev.io and keep yourself updated and keep checking the github page of @chenxiaolong . Sayonara everyone !

CREDIT :
1. @chenxiaolong ; who is the father of dual boot patcher .
2. @SuperR. ; for his amazing kitchen .
3. @Anik_khan ; for bringing support for sprout .
3. Me ( a little bit I suppose ; for posting ) .
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DarkHeart Z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkHeart Z Ad-Free
22nd September 2016, 10:36 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chittagong

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
A simple thanks will be appreciated . Don't forget to press thanks .
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarkHeart Z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkHeart Z Ad-Free
23rd September 2016, 03:43 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
i have sprout4, after dual booting my data partition is about to full. Is there any way to allocate space for data partition of secondary rom in extsd....Thanks
23rd September 2016, 04:35 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chittagong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun mpk

i have sprout4, after dual booting my data partition is about to full. Is there any way to allocate space for data partition of secondary rom in extsd....Thanks

Its a planned feature for future release . use data partition for now .
8th October 2016, 07:06 PM |#5  
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 811

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
Nice work!
I'm using Infinix HOT 2 Android One and I'm facing SD Card corruption in MM roms installed as secondaries. I saw this and assumed that it might fix my issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart Z

4. mbtool: Add /microSD to list of external SD mount points

Do you mind telling me how you did it ? Or maybe you can just redirect me to the specific commit, I will compile mine myself.

Thanks and good job.
8th October 2016, 07:13 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chittagong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

Hi,
Nice work!
I'm using Infinix HOT 2 Android One and I'm facing SD Card corruption in MM roms installed as secondaries. I saw this and assumed that it might fix my issue.

Do you mind telling me how you did it ? Or maybe you can just redirect me to the specific commit, I will compile mine myself.

Thanks and good job.

I didn't compile it . @chenxiaolong did . It's a test build with various bug fixes for sprout . Ask him and check this pull request .
8th October 2016, 07:39 PM |#7  
Flag Speed Force

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I didn't compile it . @chenxiaolong did . It's a test build with various bug fixes for sprout . Ask him and check this pull request .

Thank you.
I compiled with the latest changes. No wonder why it still gets corrupted.
8th October 2016, 08:58 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chittagong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

Thank you.
I compiled with the latest changes. No wonder why it still gets corrupted.

Maybe rom bug or sd card format issue .
8th October 2016, 10:39 PM |#9  
Flag Speed Force

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Maybe rom bug or sd card format issue .

That's what I thought until I installed my stock rom as secondary and faced the same issue.
Also tried out two more SD Cards (2GB and 8GB ones; mine is 16GB).
What's disturbing and making it worst is that even if I format the sdcard, after few reboot, it becomes corrupt again
28th April 2018, 10:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
@DarkHeart Z, hello bro! man... I'm trying to update ramdisk on my s5 g900, stock touchwiz 6.0, magisk, xposed, and..... adopted storage, but always say failed on update, I saw that you was having this problem too, did you find a solution?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot androidone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)