Thanks Meter: 95

More
Can you help us varunchitre and kunal kene 1797
18th April 2015, 05:11 PM |#12  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Thumbs up
I was able flash the Kernel but it didnt work as I told you, Im not into source coding stuff but practically it doesnt seen to work on the Official LMY470. Atleast you compiled it before anyone so thanks for that and keep working on it. Also, will a kernal from a stock OTG supporing device help?
18th April 2015, 09:44 PM |#13  
Flag Allahabad
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can you please share the link to the kernel? I'd like to try it out
19th April 2015, 03:58 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Badvel

More
Hi !
Can you please test the kernel with otg I'll be glad if you could report a detailed feedback after you test it to f4uzan
Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?dhzb980d1a661
Thanks !
P.s : You might need external power for the OTG, I never checked if Android One capable to draw power for the OTG
Also, boot time might be longer because f4uzan dirty-hacked some stuff to make it compile. We need to get more attention in order to achieve otg
Credits to F4uzan he pmed it to me
19th April 2015, 04:25 AM |#15  
Flag Allahabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap533

Hi !
Can you please test the kernel with otg I'll be glad if you could report a detailed feedback after you test it to f4uzan
Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?dhzb980d1a661
Thanks !
P.s : You might need external power for the OTG, I never checked if Android One capable to draw power for the OTG
Also, boot time might be longer because f4uzan dirty-hacked some stuff to make it compile. We need to get more attention in order to achieve otg
Credits to F4uzan he pmed it to me

Sure! Although I dont know how to supply external power to the OTG. I'll try the normal way and report back to you with the results.
Thanks!
19th April 2015, 04:57 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Badvel

More
I DON'T KNOW F4uzan SUGGESTED ME TO USE AN EXTERNAL POWERED OTG CABLE ANYWAY IF YOU WANT TO DIY CHECK OUT THIS THREAD forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1828032 OR IF YOU WANT TO BUY ONE LOOK FOR SOMETHING LIKE IN ATTACHMENT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1429412123461.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	3270068  
19th April 2015, 05:10 AM |#17  
Flag Allahabad

More
I tried it with a normal OTG cable.
I used USB Host Diagnostics and Stick mount apps.
USB Host Diagnostics results are in the screenshot attached.
ES File Manager was able to detect something but couldn't open it.
I think power external power is the main issue here as someof my pen drives with LEDs didn't light up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-21-39.png
Views:	742
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	3270081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-22-12.png
Views:	718
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	3270082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-22-15.png
Views:	704
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	3270083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-25-15.png
Views:	682
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	3270085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-25-23.png
Views:	680
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	3270086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-25-27.png
Views:	682
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	3270087  
19th April 2015, 05:45 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Badvel

More
WELL DONE IT APPEARED IN ES FILE EXPLORER IT SEEMS THAT WHEN IT'S TYING IT TO MOUNT POWER IS RUNNING OUT IN USB AND KERNEL IS NOT ABLE TO SEND POWER TO PEN DRIVE SO IT NEEDS MORE ATTENTION AND DEVELOPMENT IF WE TRY GET SOME BUT MORE DEVS SUPPORT LIKE VARINCHITRE15 TO ADD IT TO THUNDER ZAP AND KUNALKENE 1797 TO ADD IT TO BLACK BOX WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE OTG INFORM THEM ABOUT THIS TOPIC IF YOU CAN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT PM IT TO F4uzan ALONG WITH LOG CAT SCREEN SHOT IT WOULD BE A LOT MORE HELPFUL TO HIM AND ONE THING TRY TO CONTACT OTHERS DEVS YOU KNOW....... CAN DO THE ROM AND KERNEL COMPILING STUFF IF IT'S THAT NECESSARY AND COMPLETELY SUPPORTS OTG I MAYBE OR I WILL UPGRADE TO LOLLIPOP LMY40 BECAUSE APPS AND GAMES NOT SUPPORTED IN LOLLIPOP AND ALSO XPOSED MAYBE WORKS BUT NOT AT ALL THESE ARE THINGS HOLDING ME FROM UPDATING TO LOLLIPOP πŸ˜ƒ AND ONE THING CONTACT AS MANY AS DEVELOPERS AS YOU CAN AND THERE'S A POLL ALSO YOUR VOTE IS VERY VALUABLE TO US IT ALLOWS US TO GAIN ATTENTION TO MANY DEVELOPERS BUT DON'T IRRITATE OR SPAM THEM JUST ASK THEM IF THEY REPLIED TO YOU TELL US HERE AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR KNOWN MEMBERS TO VOTE AND GAIN SUPPORT WE PROGRESSED THIS MUCH IN ONE DAY WITH ONE DEVELOPER IMAGINE WHAT WE CAN DO WITH 5 OR 10 DEVS SO TELL THIS TO EVERYONE YOU CAN TO GAIN SUPPORT AND KEEP THIS THREAD AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE FEEL FREE TO POST ANYTHING ABOUT OTG AND KERNEL SUPPORT DON'T ASK QUESTIONS BECAUSE I'M NOT A DEV IT'S A SHAME TO ME (I KNOW BUT) I'M JUST A NOOB THAT'S WHY I'M REQUESTING YOU TO CONTACT DEVS REMEMBER TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS OR MEMBERS NOT TO POST LIKE CAN xxx ROM CAPABLE OF OTG OR MAKE IT WORK FOR XXX ROM IF THEY WANT IT IN THEIR FAVORITE ROM ASK ROM DEVS TO CONTACT KERNEL DEV TO ADD OTG TO THEIR ROM BE POLITE TO DEVS AND RESPECT THEIR WORK THEY ARE GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO SO DON'T IRRITATE THEM SORRY IF I CAUSED ANY INCONVENIENCE TO YOU AND F4UZAN SIR WHERE ARE YOU WE WANT YOUR SUPPORT PLEASE DON'T QUIT ON US SEE YESTERDAY THERE WAS ONLY TWO OF US NOW SAURABH K AND utsavjain09 ARE JOINED US TOMORROW ONE MORE OR TEN MORE TESTERS WILL JOIN SO DON'T LOSE HOPE AND ALSO IF YOU CAN ONLY COMPILE FOR LOLLIPOP I CAN UPGRADE TO SUPPORT YOU ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SAURABH K AND F4UZAN YOUR THE FIRST DEV THAT REPLIED TO ME I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU EVEN IF YOU DON'T COMPILE A KERNEL WITH OTG SUPPORT I REPEAT I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU F4UZAN SIR:thumbup:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ARAVIND_PAVAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ARAVIND_PAVAN Ad-Free
19th April 2015, 10:34 AM |#19  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,175

More
Thanks for the input guys ! I appreciate it

I'll of course, keep developing the kernel. Once again, thanks for your input, guys !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F4uzan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F4uzan Ad-Free
19th April 2015, 11:08 AM |#20  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 59

More
otg support would be dream come true
Android one devices got some quality developers It was all thunderzap
Dev Varun Chitre show at first slowly but surely number of devs are
Coming forward now which is nice to see if we are able to generate otg
Support for this device it would be a very big achievement for us as dev community
Hoping for otg...one for allπŸ˜‡
19th April 2015, 12:08 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Badvel

More
Welcome back f4uzan sir good to see you back you can't hit hundred runs in one ball you have hit one by one so don't lose hope it didn't work first time it may or it will work second or any other time it's good to see you trying to achieve it AND take your time IS NOT an unstable rom or an hard bricked like situation AND keep it cool 😎 did anyone send you log cats or any screen shots or is it only me seeing this thread see they are joining one by one i repeat you are the first dev replied to me thank you f4uzan sir you want me to upgrade to lollipop or stay in kitkat ? and one more thing gather devs support and test it people if no one can test how will he able to develop and debug it so test it and don't spam him if it didn't work ask here or post a log cat or screen shot he will or he can debug it THANK YOU F4UZAN SIR PM THE QUESTION"S ANSWER TO ME IF YOU CAN'T POST IT HERE AND PLEASE DON'T USE MEDIA FIRE OR ZIPPY SHARE OR DEV HOST OR IT'S SIMPLE TO HOST FOLDERS IN BASKET BUILD MANY DEVS USE IT ASK VARUNCHITRE15 OR KUNALKENE1797 FOR HELP AND SUPPORT PLEASE POST LOGCAT OR SCREENSHOTS IF SOMEONE ASKS WHY CAN'T YOU TEST IT I REPEAT I'M STILL ON KITKAT SO IF NO ONE CAN TEST IN THAT CASE I WILL SEE IF I CAN TEST IT! REMEMBER SUPPORT THE DEVS AND HIT THANKS IT MEANS A LOT TO THEM AND ALSO VOTE IN THE POLL
The Following User Says Thank You to ARAVIND_PAVAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ARAVIND_PAVAN Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread