| FIX | Setup Wizard Has Stopped Working

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By prashantvrm, Senior Member on 19th December 2015, 07:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2017, 05:01 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i am unable to even complete sim card setup after flashing asop 4.1, as soon as i hit set up as new, setup wizard has stopped appears and begin from language selection. please help me..!
The Following User Says Thank You to ashutosh009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashutosh009 Ad-Free

19th April 2017, 07:52 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I leave this here, as it may help someone :
After flashing Resurrection Remix v5.8.3, I had the same issue with the setup wizard. The method of the first post didn't work (clicking on home button would not do anything). I worked this out by simply connecting to a wi-fi network. Once you have internet access, wizard setup doesn't crash anymore.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hapaxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hapaxx Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 10:45 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapaxx

After flashing Resurrection Remix v5.8.3, I had the same issue with the setup wizard. The method of the first post didn't work (clicking on home button would not do anything). I worked this out by simply connecting to a wi-fi network. Once you have internet access, wizard setup doesn't crash anymore.

Wow this worked for me!! The only problem Im having now tho is that my phone would reboot every time I try to turn the screen on or when I power off the device. Im on Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S5, Nougat 7.1 ROM
21st April 2017, 11:02 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakzz

Wow this worked for me!! The only problem Im having now tho is that my phone would reboot every time I try to turn the screen on or when I power off the device. Im on Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S5, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Glad it helped. Sadly, I can't help you further with your reboot issue. Have you tried reinstalling the ROM ? You should go to the forum section dedicated to your device for more information.
25th April 2017, 05:17 PM |#25  
Flag at home...
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapaxx

After also trying the steps in origin post without any success this did the trick!

Thanks mate!
29th April 2017, 05:29 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flashed Lineage OS nightlies 18-04 for Xiaomi MI5 and I get the same issue but there is only 1 setup wizard (without android logo) and I can't select permissions on the one that is available, any ideas?
29th April 2017, 06:37 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeritos

Flashed Lineage OS nightlies 18-04 for Xiaomi MI5 and I get the same issue but there is only 1 setup wizard (without android logo) and I can't select permissions on the one that is available, any ideas?

Try connecting to a wi-fi network before going back to setup wizard.
1st May 2017, 01:46 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
setup wizard is not working phone is not rooted lex526 how should i flash new rom
7th May 2017, 07:35 PM |#29  

More
can't pull down notification bar.
it keeps stopping on the screen where it asks to either "restore app & data backup" or "Set up as new"
as soon as i click on "set up as new" it crashes and when i click on "keep your apps & data" it present me another screen to ask to bring data from "google account" or from "iPhone or iPad device", clicking on any of those crashes the setup wizard.
and i can't pull notification panel anywhere.

I am using resurrection remix nightly kenzo latest till date, on a redmi note 3.

PS:long pressing the home button brings up the google search option. i can't pull notification in that screen either

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of Bill W.

After also trying the steps in origin post without any success this did the trick!

Thanks mate!

it doesn't bring me the option to connect to wifi, now what ?
8th May 2017, 08:34 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
The bove instructionsdidn't work for me, but here's how I fixed this on my old Nexus 5:

1. Wiped out the System, Dalvik and Cache partitions
2. Installed the atest Cyanogen/LInage OS Nougat ROM
3. Installedd the latest Open Google Apps package
4. Wizard wrked like charm aftrwards
13th May 2017, 08:12 PM |#31  

More
I managed to get it to work for me. The original post saying to pull down the notification shade but I couldn't manage to do that. Here's what I did:

1: Select the Accessibility option in the bottom right
2: Attempt to go back/home and enter the Google app
3: Search with Google for "Hidden Settings App"
4: Select "Hidden Settings" and log in with Google
5: Download and install that app with Google Play and open it
6: Select just Settings from the list
7: Connect to WiFi in the now-accessible Settings app
8: Go ALL THE WAY BACK and try Setup again

Hopefully this helps somebody, worked for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
setup wizard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)