| FIX | Setup Wizard Has Stopped Working

Search This thread

rohn4

Feb 20, 2016
Sorry for bad english

I have another problem please help me.. When i install resurrection remix to again marshmallow rom.. Then setup comes and i choose language english then press next.. Suddenly error comes that setup wizard has stopped and back to the language screen again n again same error when i click on english then next button.. Then i come back on resurrection remix again please help im so confused what can i do

Same happens with me,not able to swipedown notif bar..if u found any solution then suggest me..

tseeling

Feb 24, 2011
Frankfurt
Moto X
Google Nexus 5
doesn't help

I was struggling with setup wizard has stopped working and was fed up of this.
So i just went to the setup wizard app and gave it contacts and phone permission and it finally worked.

I flashed LOS 20170919, Gapps pico, wiped everything, and your suggestion doesn't work for me.
I see 2 setup wizard apps, the one with Android logo already has *all* permissions, the other one doesn't let me enter the permissions menu at all.
Going to WLAN and enabling my connection doesn't help either.

tseeling

Feb 24, 2011
Frankfurt
Moto X
Google Nexus 5
workaround when install wizard breaks

So i just went to the setup wizard app and gave it contacts and phone permission and it finally worked.
This error generally comes with CM roms so this fix will work with CM based roms and might work with other ROMs also.:p

Steps:
1) Flash ROM
2) Flash any gapps
If you get setup wizard error then continue the steps below and yes you need patience to do this because it will keep on popping up until you fix it. You need to keep on tapping and scroll down for a while.
3) When you see setup wizard error pull down notification drawer and open settings
4) Scroll down and tap "Apps"
5) Click on 3 dots at the top right corner.
6) Select show system apps
7) Scroll down until you see 2 Setup wizard.(If you have RESURRECTION REMIX ROM you will see only one)
There will be 2 setup wizard,one wil CM logo and other with android.
8) Select one with android logo.
9) Tap on force stop
10) Select ok
11) Scroll down and enable permissions(Contacts & Phone)
12) Now press the home button

You should now see your home screen :good:

It just a simple fix.
Because of permissions that were needed by setup wizard were not fulfilled this error keeps on popping up.
Hope you guys now have fixed this and got you CM.

None of the suggestions did it for me.
I downloaded an old version of LOS 14.1 from 20170801, did the install, and then upgraded to the latest LOS.

Dovahkiin1290

Sep 7, 2016
Well, here's another solution. I've been struggling with the same issue and after doing this didn't work for me BUT! here's the deal. Do everything as @prashantvrm says BUT when you're on settings page go to wifi and activate it. Setup your wifi (Or data if u use data). Then go to the Accounts section and add your GMail account. The restart the phone (Or continue making changes on the settings page). After restart you will see again the main config page and the option to proceed to "Setup Wizard". Hit continue and that's it, you should be able to finish the config process

allanrafael

Jan 27, 2018
I'm trying to install lineageOS 14.1 with peak gapps on s3 i9300. but this error occurs and the error message never exits the screen. the notification tray does not go down. What do I do?

immy143

Jan 5, 2014
This error generally comes with CM roms so this fix will work with CM based roms and might work with other ROMs also.:p

Steps:
1) Flash ROM
2) Flash any gapps
If you get setup wizard error then continue the steps below and yes you need patience to do this because it will keep on popping up until you fix it. You need to keep on tapping and scroll down for a while.
3) When you see setup wizard error pull down notification drawer and open settings
7) Scroll down until you see 2 Setup wizard.(If you have RESURRECTION REMIX ROM you will see only one)
9) Tap on force stop
10) Select ok

It just a simple fix.
Because of permissions that were needed by setup wizard were not fulfilled this error keeps on popping up.

dear Experts,

hope you are good and doing well..
i need you help i am facing some issues with my note 4 samsung..
i do root samsung note4 n910c and i have activated multiuser in it.. but
when i add a profile of a new user and it switches to samsung setup wizard.. after all option accepted.. final step is " thank you" when i click finish it show me erroe " unfortunately samsung setup wizard has stopped""

please help to fix this error...

Sofia777

May 5, 2018
Thank you for very much!

You saved my life! Thanks a lot!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime using XDA Labs

Jerin Mathew

Jan 7, 2017
not showing.

bro like u said i went to apps and only saw one setup wizard and it didn't had the Android logo in it.
i only have one logo. and pls fix my issue.
im running on oreo 8.1 leniage os 15.1

saumechanica

Jan 21, 2017
Pune

Steps:
1) Flash ROM
2) Flash any gapps
9) Tap on force stop
10) Select ok

It just a simple fix.

Many thanks Bro.
Worked perfectly for my Redmi Note 3.
Just few simple steps.
I was about to reset my mobile for clean flash, but this one saved me.

Reactions: discomega

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps:
    1) Flash ROM
    2) Flash any gapps
    9) Tap on force stop
    10) Select ok

It just a simple fix.
    I leave this here, as it may help someone :
    After flashing Resurrection Remix v5.8.3, I had the same issue with the setup wizard. The method of the first post didn't work (clicking on home button would not do anything). I worked this out by simply connecting to a wi-fi network. Once you have internet access, wizard setup doesn't crash anymore.
    i could not get it to pull down the notification drawer at first, here is what i did:

1 , go thru the wizard again.
    2, right after it crashes hurry pull down notification drawer
    3, go into settintgs,
    4, connect to a wifi (your wifi)
    4, go all the way back and try again ;)
    Cool. Updated my p5210 to latest CM13 and kept getting 'google play services has stopped'. Tried to reflash CM and latest gapps. That's when I got 'setup wizard has stopped' message. Spent a long time wiping and refreshing. Then I found your guide, and now all's honky dory! Thanks a lot
    i am unable to even complete sim card setup after flashing asop 4.1, as soon as i hit set up as new, setup wizard has stopped appears and begin from language selection. please help me..!